• Published 8th Jun 2014
  • 17,147 Views, 1,376 Comments

Moonie shorts [Filly Nightmare Moon] - Eighth



A series of short stories about a filly Nightmare Moon, nicknamed Moonie, and her father figure/guardian Anonymous the human.

  • ...
47
 1,376
 17,147

PreviousChapters Next
30 Ice Cream!

"Early days from work are the best," you mutter to yourself as you take a seat outside the school.

It's going to be a few minutes before Moonie gets out but the short break from everything is just what you need.

"You're Anonymous, right?" Asks a mare as she takes a seat beside you.

"The big green alien? How'd you know?"

She lets out this overly girly giggles a little and you smile back, trying to hide that little bit of frustration. She looks familiar, though you can't place where you've seen her. A blue coat with a two tone, grey and blue mane and an hour glass for a cutie mark.

"So, what is it like... being a single dad?"

"I dunno. Probably the same as being a single mum. A pain the ass?"

Again she elicits that damn giggle again. Then you notice Carrot Top approaching in a hasty skip along with a feeling of dread as you realise what's going on.

"Oh, it's Moonie's dad," she coos sweetly.

These ponies are flirting with you. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, Berry Punch speaks up from behind you as she leans on the bench.

"Anon, how come you haven't settled down with a nice mare yet?"

"I, uh, just-"

"Haven't found the right one?" The blue one adds as she tries to put on her best seductive look.

At least, that's what you think is happening. Maybe she got some involuntary facial ticks and it'd be best not to bring it up. Either way, you want out. Then the bell tolls and a horde of screaming and unholy cheering fillies and colts dash out of the school.

"ANON!" Moonie calls as she waves from within the swarm.

"Hey kiddo, want a ride?"

"Yes! Carry your queen," she bellows as she stands on her hindlegs and raises her forehooves.

You lift her into your arms as the three giggly mares let out a squee, then you make your way home. With hasty, large steps.

"I had no idea you were such a mare magnet," comments the little bundle of fur that's curled up in your arms.

"Ugh, it's because I'm a single dad. Nothing else."

"So, it's because of me?"

"Yup."

Then the grin of knowledge grows. From ear to ear she beams at you while hundreds of wonderful ideas trickle into a dance of horror for you in her head.

"I want ice-cream."

"What?"

"Hey, you're getting dates because of me. You owe me."

"I don't want to d--"

"ICE CREAM!"

"FINE!"

PreviousChapters Next