• Published 15th May 2014
  • 15,359 Views, 930 Comments

Ember's - SPark



Welcome to Ember's, Canterlot's most exclusive brothel. Ember is a changeling who can offer her clients any fantasy, no matter how strange. Yet fantasy is not all that she offers, she also offers help and healing to ponies in need.

Comments ( 27 )

Thank again for this wonderful chapter! As always you remain an author that posts a wonderful read that explores sexual concepts that are either uncommon or people generally misinformed about.

This was-wait, neat doesn't make sense at all in regards to sex, if it's neat you're doing it wrong-...fun? Wholesome?

Nice. We'll go with nice.

Do you take requests or suggestions? Would you prefer PMs?

10207508
Unfortunately I'm not currently taking any requests/suggestions. Too backed up on things I need to write for Patrons etc. to do anything unpaid that's not a personal passion project.

One thing I am waiting to see, and apologies if I have missed it in previous stories: Ember in the Clocktower Society.

10207733
Never going to happen, sorry.

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I don't hate CTS at all, I've written three stories there! But the focus of Ember's, for me, is "realistic." Ember herself is very unreal, and she gets to "cheat" via reading emotions, but that's only in service of my being able to tell a story in 5000 words, her magically understanding everything perfectly lets the story advance faster. I still do try to focus on real kinks, real issues, and real things real people really feel and do during sex.

Clocktower, fun as it is, is the exact opposite of real. It's about a world where wearing a color-coded collar or mask magically means that you'll be perfectly compatible with and enjoy kink/sex with any partner who has the complimenting collar/mask. It leaves out negotiation, it pretends that people are their kinks and it relies entirely on the completely unreal mechanism of the safety bell to ensure consent, when real life consent is way more complicated than that. There's a reason when I had the weirdest, most unreal, most "holy shit did that just happen?" kink encounter in my entire life, I wrote a fictionalized version of it as a Clocktower story and not an Ember's story. :pinkiehappy: Meanwhile my everyday life, and people I know and talk to regularly are a big part of the basis for Ember's.

I like Ember's (obviously). I like Clocktower as fiction. I don't think those are streams that mix at all.

A day with a new Ember's chapter is always a good day. Honestly, I usually read this for everything but the sex scenes... at least when they're not my kink :P

10207738
Ah. So the closest they would get is a brief mention in one or the other. Such as somepony from the Clocktower giving Ember an invite card. That she would put into a drawer with the others she has gotten over the years from various ponies.

This was a good chapter!

Congrats on breaking 100k words in this story. It has been a great ride so far and I can't wait to see what's next

Inside was a comfortable sitting room, with a purple stallion behind a modest desk. A mousy-looking tan mare was standing, chatting with the stallion, seeming quite casual. She gave Storm a glance, then said, “I should be going, really. You know how it is.”

“Always busy, yes. See you next week, then.”

“Of course.” She leaned over and kissed the purple stallion on the cheek, then trotted past Storm and was gone.

Is that you, Celestia? :trixieshiftright: Another great chapter, SPark.

Another nice chapter

Couple tyopos though . . . I mean a couple typos.

His mouth of was full of the taste of her
- The first of doesn't belong there.

The further helplessness of that, the way should could use him like a toy,
- I think you meant *she'd*.

Other than that, bravo!

Beautiful chapter ♡ well done :raritystarry:

10212526

I'm surprised she doesn't just use a teleport to skip the disguising magic and a walk all the way to Ember's. Then again, maybe that's part of the "dance" Celestia has worked up. (I always look foreward to those encounters when the client is very powerful)

10276978
I have so much head canon here I haven't had a chance to put into writing! At this point in the story she's deliberately coming to the front desk to flirt with Far. There are...things going on. :D I reaaaaaaaaaaally need to work more on that sometime. I really do. I have too many projects and never enough time.

10277074

Too many ideas? What a delightful problem to have! (I think it's much better than having no ideas)

10276978 I figure she enjoys the chance to go out and about without having 'be' Celestia. It lets her see Equestria without everypony dropping what they are doing and bowing. Plus, from her first visit, even the act of going to Ember's was something that Celestia couldn't do, but Dar could, in her mind. It gives her some small amount of separation between her public and private life.

10277074

At this point in the story she's deliberately coming to the front desk to flirt with Far. There are...things going on. :D

*excited horse noises* :yay:

I think it would be interesting for Ember to have a client who is closet trans, but needs help convincing him or herself that not only is it okay for them to feel this way, but that they don't need to hide who they are from their loved ones, such as their family or a romantic interest. Who knows, maybe they'll tell their family, and maybe they won't.

Update?

10924985
Don't quote me on this, because I'm just guessing, but maybe the chapters titled "Far From the Sun 1" and "Far From the Sun 2" are where Celestia is found visiting Ember's?

I loved this chapter! I really hope I can find a girl that will accept me for my submissive ways 💜 thank you

Should this story be marked as 'complete', or is there more to come?

Indeed one should not feel obligated to force normalization. Oftentimes the environment forces the issue, but hopefully things can be changed for the better.

I haven't finished reading this yet as I like to pace myself with good fic so I don't run out of it.... I just read Condescension and the whole series has been great so far!

I had a thought, that might be a bit tricky based on Ember's role, but how would she help a pony who has trouble finding committed relationships and thinks they aren't ready for anything more than fantasy with fictional characters or in some cases with sex workers/quick hookups where it doesn't seem to "mean" as much? A pony who doesn't feel ready to interact with the "real world" of dating and what comes with it, since it wouldn't be as "perfect" as their fantasy or an Ember's Experience, but wants to find a real relationship and love and they are lonely, but... again, it won't be perfect and they worry they'd be disappointed since it wouldn't match up with their fantasy. Setting expectations and all that. I'm not sure how Ember could help with that being a sex worker herself, but it would be interesting to see how she addresses it.

Tbh, I haven't even finished the fourth chapter yet, but this is the best erotica story I've ever read. Period. It's hard to find unique perspectives in such an oversaturated field, but this story managed to deliver that big time. I learned so much about sexuality just from reading this and it was still arousing. High respect for every author who manages to achieve that. Hope we'll see some new chapters in the future and don't forget now you got one avid reader more who awaits that relase day.

pls don't feel any pressure tho ^^'

I hope this will eventually get an update, it's amazingly well written .

Login or register to comment