• Published 12th May 2012
  • 5,939 Views, 221 Comments

The Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and Angry Joe Power Hour! - CluelessDetective



A crossover with Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, and Angry Joe. Not meant to be taken seriously

  • ...
20
 221
 5,939

Interlude: Mysterious Mare-Do Well #85

Now, I wrote this thing for multiple reasons, one of them being that this is saying that I haven't given up on you guys or given up on this story. This was also a little idea that wouldn't fit in the actual story, so it won't impact the story in anyway or have any purpose other than being a little break between the Canterlot chapter. This is also a chapter with no pre-reading. Why? I felt that my pre-readers deserve a little break now and then so I won't be bugging them with this chapter. This isn't my best work, but at least I go something done. Enjoy the interlude my fellow fans and thank you for handling this crap hiatus.


The bells of the comic book store jingled as a lone figure studded in, his hat and coat covered with dust and sand. The ponies in the store said nothing and just looked on as the human approached the cashier, placing a few bits on the counter and saying, "The newest issue of Mysterious Mare-Do Well please."

The cashier nodded, "Right away."

The man began to fiddle with an issue of Marvel Zombies that he brought with him while he waited for the cashier to return. When the pony did, the man picked up the comic he bought and replied, "Thanks." He began to amble towards a nearby table and chair, a grin on his face as he did. The ponies just gave each other glances but soon followed the human to the table.

The human sat down in the chair and dusted off his hat and coat. Once the ponies arrived, he cleared his throat, "Hello and welcome to Atop The Fourth Wall where bad comics burn! Today, I have bought the newest issue for Mysterious Mare-Do Well. Granted, I know nothing of this hero and only have read a few issues, but if she's anything like Batman, then I have nothing to lose. Let's dive right into The Mysterious Mare-Do Well number eighty-five!"


Twilight hummed a little song to herself as she dusted some of the shelves of the library. She was making progress, having already dusted categories Horror and Comedy and now she was on Adventure, the largest category in the library. Luckily, she was having her number one assistant Spike help with the dusting as well. Spike let out a groan and said, "Why don't we get one of those things to help us? Seems like Linkara will want to help."

Twilight moved her head to where Spike was and gave him a glare of disapproval, "Spike! They are not things, they are called humans and Linkara is at the comic book store taking a break. I'm sure he won't come back until dinner time."

The front door to the library opened and closed with lightning fast speed as a human began to stack chairs on the door. "Linkara? What are you doing?" Asked Twilight.

Linkara stopped the stacking of the chairs and took a step back, looking at his work, "I think I'm barricading the library."

"Why?" Asked Twilight, approaching the front door and began to take off the chairs.

"It all started when I went to the comic book store," Linkara said, "I bought the newest issue of Mysterious Mare-Do Well and I reviewed it in front of the ponies there."

"Why is that so bad?" Questioned Twilight, taking the last chair off of the door.

"I said that it sucked," Replied Linkara, "Mare-Do Well just complains in this issue, the cover art is bland, and the villain was needlessly generic."

"I'm sure nopony hates you for stating your humble opinion." Assured Twilight, opening the door to the library. Once it was fully opened, a tomato flew into the library, breaking a window.

"On second thought, I think you might want to hide." Said Twilight and began to rebarricade the door.

"Where?" Linkara asked, feverishly moving around the library.

"Go to the basement," Twilight answered, "There should be a lab there. Hide in there until the coast is clear. I'll try to calm these ponies down."

Linkara smiled, "Thanks Twilight. I owe you one." He began to run to the flight of stairs leading to the basement and slammed the door shut.


Linkara paced around the basement for the umpteenth time. It had been thirty minutes since he went down here but no sign of Twilight. What's taking her so long? Suddenly, the door opened and Linkara spotted Twilight trotting down the stairs to him. "Okay, they left." Twilight said, "I reasoned with them that you just have a poor taste in comics."

Linkara frowned, "Thanks." Twilight and Linkara began to walk up the stairs, but Twilight handed him something. It was a duster. "Why did you hand me this?" He asked as they made it to the ground floor.

"Remember how you said you owed me?" She smiled sweetly. Linkara nodded. "If you could dust the library while I go to the spa with my friends, that would be great."

Linkara sighed. This was going to be a LONG day.

Comments ( 74 )

Hey look, a fucking update for once!:pinkiehappy:
Glad to see something from this story. I still want to see Joe and Gamer Luna play.:duck:

1682785 Wears a prutty hat.

1683140 Has a magic gun. Where'd he purchase that?

1683565
Coins, Robots, Amazons, and Trucks

1683140
Linkara~
He has a magic gun.

[Seeing the update.] Hallejuah! :pinkiegasp: [Reads interlude.] :rainbowlaugh: Poor Linkara!

1683607 Linkara sits down none the less, and forces himself through it.

1684091 A poorly written ugly mess,
but someone's gotta do it.

1684107 And it's about time he did!

1684112 They made Watchmen without the slimy squid.

1684140 And he'll have you know that that's pretty low.

1684146 But, not quite like the standards of the 90's Kid.

1684160 Setting ablaze crossovers, one-shots, and tie-ins!

1684189 Linkara stands in reality defiance

1685197 Atop the fourth wall, looking' down on us all; "Of course, don't you know anything about science"

1685746
there would be better books on this show

1685920 but Quesada sold them to Mephisto,

1685942
and now theres nothing left to do

1685961 but share the scrapings at the bottom of the barrel with you!

1686096 He is a man! Punch. What's that on his arm?

1686748
Linkara
cant seem to fix the continuity alarm!

Linkara!
Rock 'n' roll, Insano, some feller in a tux?
Linkara!

THIS COMIC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok guys that's going in my history book as the most awesome thing i have done on here

1690138 It's probably the greatest thing for all of us!

1683607 5 dollars says the ponies havent seen that comic

Well that's what happens when you do a show live in front of an audience that has never even heard of you

1699574 and when you are ripping a new one on a popular comic they love

1703437

Someones gotta burn bad comics and he has the hat for the job

1704663 if one more day was made for those ponies, they would know why linkara has the fouton, coat, hat, and magic gun on him at all times

1704761 New interlude later on perhaps?

1704786 if that gave you an idea for an interlude, how do you think angry joe and luna would get along? (considering most of the brony commmunity accepted the prediction luna as a gamer?

1704862 Somebody was bothering me with that idea for a long time and I think I might do that. After I finish Royal Pain. And now that movie theaters are now cannon, NC can have an interlude too.

1704894 if you need to edit that, reamber i am avaliable when ever i get the chance

now i think about it, i wonder how celestia would react to the crazy stupid news nash covers on his show?

1704959 Might send what I have so you can see if it makes sense, or if it fits the story.

1704989 well i do hope you will be able to get through your writers block and will be able to do more chapters. and still you got to wonder with how nash on his show wtfiwwy, you'd wonder if there is equally stupid news there as it is here (especially florida) and how celestia react to them.

1705041 Never seen Nash, though I think Celestia would be laughing.

1704894 I did a story MUCH like this,mainly focusing on Spoony and Linkara

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/52832/spoony-and-linkara-equestrian-adventures

2032555 I just felt the need to pick the biggest idiots of each reviewer. Now we have idiots vs bigger idiots.

What about Zod or Turel? Doesn't he hate the Critic?
I demand one of them replace the douche!

>The ArcadeLords This is gonna be sweet.
Btw, the "idiots vs bigger idiots"... Funny.

Also, will there be cartoon physics? Have a derp.:derpytongue2:

2032955 hmn...have you ever showed the critics in question this?

2647673 No. I think I might've with Linkara but he didn't respond.

Login or register to comment