• Published 24th Dec 2013
  • 10,336 Views, 141 Comments

How to train your...Dragonessess? - Alphamon_Ouryuken



A messed-up spell results in the main six becoming Dragon's!

  • ...
25
 141
 10,336

The Big Change

Celestia’s sun shown over the skies of Ponyville, a certain rainbow-maned Pegasus shot through the clouds like a rocket. Pulling off several stunts and tricks as she flew towards Twilight’s home. “300 MPH! Close sweep! Double loop! AWESOME!! Rainbow Dash does it again!!” The rainbow-maned Pegasus proclaimed as she landed in front of the Golden Oak’s Library.

“That was awesome Dashie!” A familiar voice called out, Rainbow turned around to see Pinkie Pie hopping towards her. “You were like ZOOM, WHOOSH, POW, OBJECTION-whoops, wrong meme!” She giggled as she scratched her head.

Rainbow simply smirked. “Well what can I say, I’m just that awesome!”

“Great, you’ve assured you’re masculinity, now get inside!” The farm pony smirked as she approached the two. Rainbow simply turned away with a snort. “You’re just jealous that I can pull off so many cool stunts!” She gloated as they walked inside where the rest of the group was already waiting. Fluttershy was simply looking through some books on animal habitats while Twilight was looking through an old book; Rarity was simply lounging on some pillows while Spike was happily fanning her.

Rarity was the first to notice them. “Twilight, they're here!” She called out before turning to the young dragon. “Spike, would you be a darling and make some of those delicious baked goods you made?”

“Right away!” He shouted before dashing upstairs into the kitchen.

“I’m glad you all made it.” Twilight said as she put down her book. “Now, I suppose you’re all wondering why you’re all here...” Twilight began to explain.

“OH! Is it a party for your Birthday!?” Pinkie interrupted.

Twilight gave Pinkie a flat look. “Pinkie, my Birthday was last month. We had the party in Canterlot, remember?”

“Is it Rainbow Dash’s Birthday?”

“It’s not a Birthday party!” Twilight yelled before regaining her composure. “Listen, I've been working on a spell and was hoping if you could help me to perfect it…”

“Wait, this isn't gonna be like that time you made us all in love with each other is it ?” Rainbow asked which got Twilight several weird looks.

“NO! Nothing like that!” She quickly responded before calming down. “I’ve recently come across a special spell that I wish to test...”

“Oooo! Does it turn you invisible?” Pinkie asked again. “Or make you fly?”

“No, although the flying part is partly true...you see this spell-when activated-will allow a pony to temporarily switch their attributes with another such as switching a Unicorns horn with an Earth Ponies strength...”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Back up!” Rainbow interrupted. “You wanna switch my wings with a horn?! Is that even safe?! What if you mess something up?!”

“Ah’ma have to agree with Rainbow Dash on this one Twilight. Ah mean, how do you know if it’s safe to use this kind of spell?” Applejack asked.

“I just want to record the effects; I need to see how well the Pony anatomy reacts to a change in mass or additional body parts. I promise I’ll change you back as soon as I’ve recorded all the effects!” Twilight reassured her friends.

While a few of them looked a little nervous, somepony spoke up. “I...wouldn't mind being an Earth pony...” Fluttershy stuttered out as she came forward. “It could help me be more in tune with nature...”

Twilight (along with everypony else) was a bit surprised that Fluttershy was one of the first to volunteer, then Pinkie started bouncing around the room. “Ooo! I’d love to have wings! I could zoom through the air just like Dashie!” Pinkie squealed in excitement.

“Well...I guess if Fluttershy of all ponies is brave enough to try it out, then so am I!” Rainbow boasted as she stepped forward. “I have a reputation keep after all!”

“Well I suppose it would be nice to have wings again, even if it is for a short time...” Rarity said as she tossed her hair before stepping forward.

Finally, everypony turned to Applejack. “*Sigh*...fine...” She said as she stepped forward. "...just no funny business, alright?"

Twilight smiled at her friends. “Thank you all, I promise I’ll be careful with this spell...now if you could all stand in a circle so we can begin...”

The wielders of harmony did as she said while the Unicorn began to cast her spell...the group was surrounded by her magic aura before a stream of magic erupted from each of their bodies and met in the center of the circle, each stream slowly mystically swirling around one another...

All was going well until Spike rushed downstairs with a tray of treats. “Who want’s cupcakes-WHOA!!” As he ran he tripped over his feet and fell down the stairs, spilling his treats and falling right into the middle of the spell! Much to everypony’s shock, the streams of magic suddenly started spiraling out of control and swirling around Spike’s body.

“W-what’s haaaappeniiing?!” Spike screamed out as he was consumed by the spell.

“SPIKE!!” The group screamed out in fear as Twilight tried to stop the spell, but instead the spell imploded on Spike before a green glow erupted from his body, traveling along the streams of magic and into the pony’s bodies, resulting in an intense explosion!

*KA-BOOOOOM!*

Smoke enveloped the entire room...and everything went black...


“Uggh...” Spike moaned as he struggled to get up, his head was pounding intensely. “Ohh...what hit me…?” He muttered before looking around, which was hard considering everything was obscured in a purple smoke. “Is everypony OK!?” The young dragon called out as he tried to find his way through the smoke...only to bump into somebody.

"Oh Spike! Thank goodness you're alright!" Rarity's voice called out, Spike quickly looked up to see her beautiful face...and when the smoke cleared...Spike gasped, Rarity was a Dragon! Her white fur had become glistening white scales, her hooves were now four-fingered claws, she had purple spikes going down her back, her tail still had hair, but it was at the tip and now resembled a lizards, she now had three horns, two pointing back through her hair and the original one on her forehead, all three had become slightly jagged and purple.

"Spike...? What's wrong?" Rarity asked the gawking dragon. Completely oblivious to her new look...er...form.

"Y-y-your a-a-a-a-a..." Spike stuttered as he started to drool.

"EEEEEEK!!!" Whatever Spike was about to say was drowned out by Fluttershy's scream of terror. "THERE'S A DRAGON IN THE HOUSE!!" She shrieked again. Almost instantly Spike found himself being lifted by Twilight’s magic as she bolted past Rarity in the direction of Fluttershy's voice. "Don't worry Fluttershy, I'm right here! Spike, stay behind me!" Twilight growled protectively...

'Wait, did Twilight just growl?' Spike thought to himself as he was plopped down behind her as she stood in front of Fluttershy's silhouetted form.

"Alright you… get out of my home and no one gets...hurt?" Twilight trailed off as more of the smoke cleared, she realized she was looking at a mirror, and much to her shock SHE was a dragon! Her own purple fur had become scales very similar to Spike's, she too now had claws instead of hooves, purple spikes going down her back, and three horns just like Rarity's.

"AAAAAAAHHHH!!"

"I know! It's terrifying!" Fluttershy squeaked as she covered her eyes in fear.

"*Cough* *Cough* H-hey! What happened?!" Rainbow Dash called out, Spike looked in her voices direction to see the rainbow-maned Pegasus had undergone the same treatment! Her feathery wings became more bat-like. Twilight looked at Fluttershy and immediately realized she had in fact scared herself. "Fluttershy! YOU'RE the dragon!"

"W-w-w-what?!" The shy Pegasus-turned-dragon uncovered her eyes to see herself in the mirror...only to cover them again. "Eeep!"

"Now Fluttershy, just calm down," Twilight reassured her. "...I'm sure I can-"

"AAAAAHHH!" Pinkie's shrieked.

"What in tarnation is everypony screamin' about?!" Applejack called out as she emerged from the smoke with Pinkie following her. Like everypony else, both AJ and pinkie had become dragon’s. Pinkie’s scales were pink with pinkish-red spikes going down her back, while Applejack was orange with brown spikes going down her back.

“Sweet Celestia!” Rarity shouted as all of the smoke finally cleared, revealing that the transformation everypony had undergone.

“WHAT IN THE HAY IS GOIN’ ON?!?!” Applejack shouted as Pinkie started darting around the room, checking out each one of her now-dragon friend’s. Meanwhile Spike’s attention had been drawn back to Rarity, in the form of him happily kissing her left claw.

“You *smooch* are *smooch* the *smooch* most *smooch* beautiful *smooch* Dragon *smooch* I’ve *smooch* ever *smooch* seen!” He said with each kiss, causing her to blush.

“Oh Spike, I-I’m flattered really but...” Rarity stuttered, trying to find a good reason to get him to stop.

“Wow! And here I thought I couldn't get any cooler! Check out these sweet wings!” Rainbow Dash smirked as she admired herself in the same mirror Fluttershy was hiding from, while Pinkie started bouncing around in glee.

“OhmygoshthisisamazingIcan’tbelieveitwe’realDragon’snowthisissocoolnowIcanfindoutwhatgem’stastelike!HeyFluttershydoyouthinkthismeansyouwon’tbescaredofDragon’sanymoreImeansinceyouAREaDragon..."

“Ugh, how did I get us into this mess?!” Twilight muttered to herself...

Comments ( 141 )

An apostrophe does not mean "oh shit, here come's an s!" :ajbemused:

You know, as a mature story or at least with a few teasing fragment here and there this story can be a small gem on this site, otherwise only the comical part and the absurdity of events can give this story the extra push it need to be really noted among many

Just my opinion:pinkiehappy:

I am sure Spike agree:moustache:

I'm interested into this story,
LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/293/715/e99.jpg

I'm certain this is one spell Spike is happy Twilight messed up

Comment posted by TeddyUrsa deleted Dec 24th, 2013

author please if you will ON TO THE NEXT ONE

Very interesting indeed...

Is this related to the new how to train your dragons 2?

>sees title
>sees cover art
>sees Romance tag
>ohshitI'vebeenwaitingforthis.jpeg
Do I even need to go on?! :raritystarry:

Lovely premise, sire. Could use some... touching up from editors though. The asterisks simply must go and those other errors... oh, dreadful! :raritycry:

Comment posted by Infinite Carnage deleted Dec 24th, 2013

nice :pinkiehappy:
Q: will Spike be chasing the other girls now too? :trollestia::moustache:

3675649 That remains to be seen....

3675724
or will the girls start to see Spike as a suitable mate now that they are dragons and fight over him? :yay: there is so much potential in this fic :raritystarry:

No offense, but I suggest finding someone proofread your story before you post your chapters. While you've got a nice concept, the unnecessary apostrophes everywhere (and some missing where they should be!) are very distracting. Also, there are already a few "mane 6 change into dragons" stories, so be sure that you have a good original take on the concept.

Going to lay off rating this for now, wanna see how the next chapters turns out.
But I'm watching you... :trixieshiftleft:

First I'd like to say you need a proofreader and maybe an editor, but aside from thT this hast he potential to become an absolutely amazing fic with some interesting qualities :pinkiesmile:

Dragons, effects, gets, and eyes do not need apostrophes before the s.

This could be interesting because honestly there aren't enough Mane 6 turn into dragon fics. Something I've always found surprising actually now that I think on it. Anyway, nice story.

I concur on the proof reader and editor part.

Also your pacing seems a little rushef and I'm not really feeling the voice of the characters in their dialogue.

For example "alright you proved your masculinity" line not only seems like a not quite dry joke it also does not really make sense as a comment from apple jack, maybe discord or spike but not applejack.

Your and You're are two completely different words.
I also noticed that you failed to move to a new line for a new speaker at least once.

Nice premise, but as others have said, you REALLY need to sort those apostrophes out.

3675041 It doesn't seem like it.

Proofreader definitely needed. That being said, it looks like you cleaned up a lot of the mistakes before I read this. Unicorn, dragon, and pegasus are not capitalized.

Good concept, lots of promise, time to see how it plays out.

3678520

Technically "Pegasus" is the name of a specific winged horse, so it should be capitalized.

3678781 Only if it is the specific winged horse, when used as a species it isn't.

3678819

Apparently you don't understand how adjectives or speciation work.

"Earth pony" -> "pony of Earth"

"Pegasus pony" -> "pony of Pegasus"

It's being used to name the lineage of the winged horses, not their species. Their species is "pony", and their forefather is Pegasus.

3673820

maybe he is experimenting with an advanced warning system

3678819

Only if it is the specific winged horse, when used as a species it isn't.

...the species is a bunch of winged horses...

3678952

Subspecies. They can breed with other pony variants, although I don't know why they'd want to breed with sludge ponies.

3678963

Aww... Is da widdwe psychwopaff angwy?

decent start with a few grammatical errors
lets see where this goes

Nothing against Teen rating but this would be a decent start to a clopfic. It takes time for Twilight to figure out how to reverse the spell but before she does the Mane 6 all end up going into heat. Spike inevitably ends up breeding all of them and atleast some end up gravid. Would be better with an aged up Spike if the Mane 6 as dragons are exactly like the coverart.

3678900>>3678952 Straight from an article

Hasbro approved the show with Faust as Executive Producer[16] and asked her to complete the pitch bible. In order to do so, Faust brought in Martin Ansolobehere and Paul Rudish, who had worked on other animated shows with her. Faust credits Rudish for the inspiration of the pegasus ponies controlling the weather in Equestria,

Notice the uncapped pegasus ponies part.

The show follows a studious unicorn pony named Twilight Sparkle as her mentor Princess Celestia guides her to learn about friendship in the town of Ponyville.

I will note that there is no example for earth ponies in this particular piece as they're simply listed as ponies. :moustache:

Danger Prone Spike does it again!!!

3679401

Straight from an article

Way to cite your sources, braski.

3679554

Barring the incredible amount of laziness you just displayed, lemme tell you why your sources are bad:

1. Most of the sources are irrelevant. For example, this source doesn't even mention Pegasus ponies, and it's the very first one after the References anchor.

2. Your sources contradict you. This link is the second link after the References anchor. Ctrl+F "Pegasus", and you will find this paragraph:

My Little Ponies come in many forms: Newborns, which are, confusingly, bigger than traditional grown-up ponies and come with dummies, nappies etc; squishy So Soft ponies, Pegasus ponies (with wings), Bride ponies... There is a very long list and it is because of the variety of ponies available that they have become such collector's items.

3. Even the people, who should know the answer, aren't consistent. Compare this and this. The first is an interview with Faust, and the second is a post from her twitter account. Ctrl+f "Pegasus" if you're having trouble.

In conclusion, I hope you've learned you can't just assume you're correct, then throw the book at someone. You have to actually read the book first.

3675751
3677263

I agree on both counts.

Find something interesting to do with mane six now dragons, but also I really would like there to be more mane six are now dragons fics.

Riz

3675724

Who's the ship ?

3679769 The main source was the Wikipedia page and if you knew how most large companies work with Wikipedia you would be aware that they normally hire someone to do the pages related to their content with incredible, painstaking accuracy. Hence the 136 sources and the page written like a professional research paper, and is okayed by a Hasbro employ most likely.

Here a direct reference to the subject of capitalization for common names of plants and animals.

Binomial nomenclature is, of course, also used for animals, including the singularly curious one designated as Homo sapiens. However, as in the case of plant names, animal names are not capitalized (“I spotted a red-tailed hawk,” not “I spotted a Red-Tailed Hawk”), except when an element of the name is a proper noun, as in “Steller’s jay” and “Siberian tiger.”

Animal breeds, unlike types of produce and plant cultivars, are given no special treatment: Your cocker spaniel is special, of course, but its breed name merits no capitalization. However, many names of breeds of dogs and cats are exceptions, such as those of the German shepherd, the Siamese cat, and the Thoroughbred horse. The preponderance of such examples may be the cause of confusion about capitalization of animal names.

3680512

fyi, wikipedia is not accepted as a credible source by any respectable institution

3680637 That isn't even slightly true, it normally goes from professor to professor and depends on the rank of the page as many pages on Wikipedia now require very high almost moderation level of ranking to edit and require direct sourcing to be approved. Back when Wikipedia was first created and the page editing feature allowed sad little trolls to try and fuck with shit, that would have been true. Of course, since this isn't a institutional issue that's really quite irrelevant.

Comment posted by nodamnbrakes deleted Dec 25th, 2013

3680684

sauce

Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales is quite clear about the uses of Wikipedia. Asked, "Do you think students and researchers should cite Wikipedia? during an interview with Business Week in 2005, he replied, "No, I don't think people should cite it, and I don't think people should cite Britannica, either... People shouldn't be citing encyclopedias in the first place. Wikipedia and other encyclopedias should...give good, solid background information to inform your studies for a deeper level."

That said, Wikipedia entries are generally in the forefront of preliminary web research on almost any topic. And teaching students to look critically at the reliability and credibility of any information source is fundamental to the educational process. Figuring out how to evaluate the encyclopedia, then, is one excellent starting point for teaching students how to assess massive amounts of information they're likely to encounter online both for school work and personal exploration.

Wikipedia itself is strong on self-assessment. Encyclopedia editors address accuracy in the entry Reliability of Wikipedia, compiling the results of international third-party assessments across a variety of disciplines. The consensus: the encyclopedia is as accurate as other encyclopedias. And as Cathy Davidson, Professor of Interdisciplinary Studies at Duke University, points out in We Can't Ignore the Influence of Digital Technologies (Chronicle of Higher Education, March 23, 2007), unlike comparable print sources, Wikipedia errors can be corrected and often are in a matter of hours after publication.

While accuracy may not be Wikipedia's major deterrent, the collaborative nature of the wiki invites greater scrutiny and analysis. Here, again, Wikipedia helps users navigate the perils, pitfalls, and strengths of open, collaborative scholarship. Researching with Wikipedia points out that few articles are of encyclopedic quality when they first appear—they may be unbalanced, biased, and incomplete, and it takes time for contributors to find consensus. Wikipedia for Academic Use advises users to explore whether articles represent widespread norms or minority viewpoints. Each of Wikipedia's own articles fostering critical thinking includes links to further analysis and comment on the encyclopedia's value and utility.

3680512

Wikipedia is a tertiary source, a summary of information from disparate primary and secondary sources. Original research is not necessarily reputable, so it must be evaluated for accuracy and bias. Tertiary resources are summaries, which cannot reliably be used to judge the accuracy and biases of original research.

Wikipedia is not a credible source.

Moving on...

However, as in the case of plant names, animal names are not capitalized (“I spotted a red-tailed hawk,” not “I spotted a Red-Tailed Hawk”), except when an element of the name is a proper noun, as in “Steller’s jay” and “Siberian tiger.”

You realize this supports "Pegasus" being capitalized, right? "Pegasus" is a proper noun.

Again, you need to read your sources before you claim they support your argument.

Will the mane 6 stay the same as they are now or will they grow and change into dragons around their age group?

3681194 Oh, so what about your Earth ponies? Since earth refers to land instead of the planet in that case, it is therefore is not capitalized. Also, Pegasus is only capitalized if Pegasus was a pony in Equestria and is who their race is named after; otherwise, being their universe and not ours in which the events take place it would not be capitalized as it would simply be a common name for their classification of sub-species within their universe. It would also be all kinds of awkward to bu unicorn, earth pony, alicorn, and Pegasus.


3680707 For starters that's over 8 years old. Second, the founder is not actually in charge of rather it's an accepted source or not. Finally, the last part

Academic Use advises users to explore whether articles represent widespread norms or minority viewpoints. Each of Wikipedia's own articles fostering critical thinking includes links to further analysis and comment on the encyclopedia's value and utility.

is basically a direct claim that academic use is a thing with Wikipedia.

Login or register to comment