• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,569 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,569

PreviousChapters Next
Invisible by The Princess Rarity

Invisible

By: The Princess Rarity

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"Now, Twilight, you didn't have to get me a gift," Rarity said, with a small smile.

"It's not really a present," Twilight explained. "It's - well, I can't really describe it without spoiling the surprise."

The dressmaker cocked an eyebrow, and thought for a moment, only before giving in. "Alright then," she murmured, deciding to play along. "So... are you going to tell me where it is?"

"I can't give it away if it's meant to be a surprise," the Princess suddenly realized, as she let out a frustrated sigh and realized her mistake. "Um, how about we do this - you have twenty questions to try and guess where and what it is, and then if you don't get it right, I'll give in and tell you?"

Rarity chuckled at her marefriend and smiled. "Fair enough," she replied. "Is it in this room?"

"Yes!" Twilight piped up, only before her expression slightly faltered. "No. Well, sort of. You're half right."

"So you're hiding it," Rarity declared. "Is it anywhere in the Boutique?"

"Same answer as before," the alicorn said in defeat.

"Is it a thing?"

This question made Twilight think for a moment, only before she gave a half-hearted shrug and nodded. "For now," she replied.

Now, it was Rarity's turn to be slightly puzzled with the result she had been given, but nonetheless, she decided to continue on with her questions. "How would I use it?" she inquired.

"I-" Twilight hesitated, and stammered, only before giving up. "I'm not sure. Still, I'm positive you'll like it."

Well, that didn't help much.

"What color is it?" Rarity questioned, as she began to survey her gaze all around the room, looking for any sort of clue.

"I don't know," Twilight admitted.

"What do you mean you don't know?" the fashionista said, now even more perplexed as she turned back to her lover. "You had possession of it before I did."

The Princess gave a so-so motion with her hoof. "Not quite," she responded. "And that counted as a question, by the way."

This was getting nowhere.

All of the ideas Rarity had buzzing in her mind from before, they had vanished. Apparently, Twilight didn't want to make this easy.

"If it's not in the Boutique, and you don't know what it looks like, how am I supposed to find it?" the unicorn inquired.

"Because I still have it," Twilight countered. "Sort of."

"So, it's invisible?" Rarity joked, with a soft chuckle.

A moment of silence passed, only before the alicorn slightly nodded. "I guess you could say that," she murmured.

This really was impossible. Either it was a joke or Twilight was being terribly confusing - and Rarity was going to go with the more obvious choice of the two.

Releasing a defeated sigh, she shook her head. "Well, could I have a hint?" she tried.

"That counts as a question," Twilight reminded. "But I can tell you this much - you're going to have to wait a while for it to show up, even after you find out what it is."

"How long would I have to wait for it?" Rarity pondered, now fully and utterly confused.

"If my calculations are correct, about eight to nine months."

This statement caused a sudden silence to pass by as the dressmaker took a minute to think things over. It was there, but not quite, thus making it somewhat invisible. Twilight had it, and she didn't know what it looked like, plus some waiting would have to happen before it would be revealed. Now, Rarity was no fool, so she didn't know why it was taking her this long to figure out what the surprise was...

Suddenly, then all of the pieces of the puzzle fused together.

With a light gasp, Rarity looked to Twilight in disbelieving shock, which immediately caused the alicorn to begin stammering in worry.

"Rarity, really, I can explain how it happened, and-" She was cut off, with a kiss.

Letting out a breathless laugh as they broke apart, Rarity's shock melted away with a priceless smile replacing it. "I'm no fool, darling," she murmured. "I know how it happened." A glint of mischief sparkled in her sapphire eyes, and she chuckled. "And I almost have a feeling that you intended this to happen."

"Well, maybe not this soon," Twilight admitted, with a light blush. "But I'm happy, and so are you. That's all that matters, right?"

"You're very correct on that," Rarity smiled as she kissed her marefriend once more.

And even if the surprise was still unnoticed by anypony's gaze, in the minds and souls of the two mares, the sound of a little foal's hooves running around was echoing in their minds.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next