• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
Fighting for Love by The Princess Rarity

Fighting for Love

By: The Princess Rarity

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"This is just wonderful," Rarity muttered sarcastically. That said, she threw down the papers that she was levitating via her magical grip, letting them fall onto the floor, and stomped out of the room, with frustrated tears in her eyes.

Twilight let out a sigh, as she followed after her fianceƩ.

"Rarity," she called after the dressmaker. "Just take a minute and calm down, will you?"

"Calm down?!" Rarity snapped, looking back to the Princess. "How should one calm down upon receiving news like this? This is the fifth rejection we've gotten, Twilight - and you're telling me to calm down?!"

Releasing a deep breath, Twilight closed her eyes for a moment, only before slowly reopening them and looking at her beloved with a very delicate, caring expression. "We can't act like this either," she defended. "We just have to find a new place - and change a few plans, that's all. A few mistakes won't keep us from getting married, will it?"

The unicorn let out a scoff, turning away from Twilight. "You're a Princess," she argued. "Why not just sign a new law to allow us to get married? It's not too much to ask, is it?"

"Rarity, I can't just make laws, I have ru-"

"-then ask Celestia," Rarity protested. "You and her are awfully close, she could do you a favor, couldn't she?"

"She can't make an exception for me - or anypony else," Twilight shot back, suddenly getting defensive, as tears brimmed her beautiful lavender eyes. "Don't you think if I could have done that, I would have by now? I can't. Neither can Princess Celestia, or Luna, or Cadence. None of us can pass a law that the citizens of Equestria have voted against, it's illegal."

Rarity froze, and lightly sniffled, hanging her head as she softly cried.

As her stone cold emotionless expression faded away, Twilight frowned, stepping forward and wrapping a foreleg around her marefriend, gently nuzzling her comfortingly. "I'm sorry," she whispered in Rarity's silky vanilla-scented curls. "Really, I am - I wish I could do something. I feel so powerless, even as a Princess, and I feel worthless as a marefriend. I want the same thing you do... but we have to keep fighting for it."

Clutching onto Twilight, the fashionista nodded softly. "It's fine, dear," she admitted, her tone of voice soft and demure. "You're right. We just have to wait."

~ x o x o ~

Finally, after months and months of waiting, practically begging - in addition to endless wishes and prayers, it had happened.

Equestria Daily

Friday, July 18th

Same-Sex Marriage Legal!

After several votes in the past, it is official - three cities in Equestria have now dubbed marriage for fillyfoolers and coltcuddlers legal. Manehatten, Canterlot and Ponyville now accept the rights for same-sex couples to wed, this also includes equal rights for them and the privilege to adopt children, if they wish to do so. This vote was reannounced to the public after two famous Equestrian icons, the nation's newest Princess, Twilight Sparkle, and her partner of three years, a well-known fashion designer by the name of Rarity [Belle], wished to be married. After their engagement rocked the nation, other celebrity couples also came into the spotlight {see more on page five}.

Twilight levitated down the newspaper, and smiled proudly as she took note of the joyful tears in Rarity's eyes and the priceless grin plastered on her expression. She reached forward, taking her fianceƩ's hoof.

"So," she said, with a light giggle. "Are you ready to become Mrs. Rarity Sparkle?"

The dressmaker laughed, and shook her head playfully as she kissed the alicorn. "I have to admit," she declared. "While that does have a nice ring to it, what would you think about becoming Mrs. Twilight Belle?"

With a sweet little smile, Twilight let out another giggle slip out. "We both have pretty last names," she argued, in a teasing manner.

"Let's save that for later. I'm assuming you already have some wedding dress designs planned?"

Rarity nearly squealed and nodded. "I actually have an entire notebook of just ideas," she admitted. "I was thinking maybe a soft blue for you, like the Gala dress I made you? Or a reverse color palette would work - you could be in white, and I was thinking a nice lavender gown for myself? Then again, I don't think either of us would be allowed to wear white on our wedding day seeing how-" She was silenced with a kiss from Twilight, who softly chuckled.

"Go get the designs," she declared. "And I'll get my checklists. We have a wedding to plan."

Rarity smiled that sort of irreplaceable smile again.

"The Summer Sun Celebration for the date, and Ponyville as our venue?" she inquired.

"As if we would pick anything else," Twilight murmured, returning the grin as she victoriously kissed her bride-to-be once more.

The fight they had fought for their love was painful and cruel...

...but it was worth it now.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next