• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,565 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,565

PreviousChapters Next
A Bad Day by Sam Cole

A Bad Day

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Today had been such a good day, it was ripe to turn now into a bad day. Worse so than the day the her teacher was kidnapped. Worse than the day her beloved little brother became ill for the first time. No, today, Twilight Sparkle was being forced to tell Spike the truth.

At least she wasn't alone. "Spike darling, please take a seat." Rarity frowned as the dragon returned from the market, a large bag in his grasp.

"Oh boy. Hi Rarity. Twi, there was eight bits in change. I was going to keep three. I'm sorry." Spike pouted.

"No, this is about- Wait, how long have you been skimming me?" Twilight asked as she rounded on the drake.

"What, skimming you? I would nev-" Spike began till he met Twilight's eyes. "Four months, three days, twelve hours, and sixteen minutes."

"Precise much?" Rarity asked Twilight.

"No, Spike's just good with numbers." Twilight muttered. "And right now, that doesn't matter Spike. We need you to sit down. Please?"

"What is it?" Spike asked as he came to them slowly, setting aside his bag of vegetables for dinner tonight.

"Spike, this is about Rarity and myself." Twilight frowned.

"Oh? Are you two going off on some super secret mission again?" Spike asked. "That's like the tenth time this month girls. What's up?"

"No Spike, there is no mission." Rarity confessed. "There never wa-"

"There was the invasion last week." Twilight interrupted.

"...Almost never a mission. No Spike, Twilight and I were using those days as our own... private days..." Rarity attempted.

"Okay? So you two wanted some time to yourselves. No biggie." Spike shrugged.

"No Spike, we were- we were never alone..." Twilight sighed. "We were with each other..."

"Oh, you mean the dates you two kept taking." Spike groaned as the two mares balked at the reveal. "Yeah, I've known about those for a while now. I just hoped I was crazy."

"What? How?!" Twilight asked. "I put every ounce of strategic cunning into those diversions to derail you!"

"You wrote 'Date with Rarity heart heart heart' on the calender the first time." Spike said, rather amused.

"Every ounce, darling?"

"Oh don't you start on me also." Twilight huffed.

"Yeah, I knew." Spike interrupted as the month long facade came crashing down. "I kept telling myself it was a lie. You would never do that. Not without talking to me about it at least! I mean I really thought my feelings mattered more to you two!"

"Spike-" Twilight began.

"I mean, really?! You just blatantly lied to me!" Spike heaved, tears rolling freely now. "I could have taken it. Really. I always knew I didn't stand a chance, and even I could see the chemistry between you two! I could. I would have understood. But no! You decided to just lie to me, for a whole month. Right to my face!"

"Spike, please-" Rarity began til Spike cut her off harshly.

"No. No more lies! You two don't care about me. You don't-"

"Spike, please!" Twilight argued. "I lied to you be- Because I can't stand the thought of you leaving me again. I was scared about how you would react. My fear got the better of me..."

"I know that..." Spike huffed, standing up. Mature beyond his years, Spike took the higher road in this conflict of morals. "And on some level, I can respect that. But you still lied to me. Right to my face, Twi. I'm not going to yell at you anymore, or run away, or cry. But I will ask that you stay at Rarity's tonight. I don't want to be around anypony right now, okay?"

"I'm so sorry, Spike..." Twilight choked as she felt the tears welling up inside of her. Rarity took her hoof and guided her out, only stopping to say good night. Today had been such a good day, it was only fitting it should end as a bad day.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next