• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
We Just Want a Moment by Sam Cole

We Just Want a Moment

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Work, work, work. That's all that these ponies could do these days it seemed. Work. Work at home, work for bits, and now working to fix up an old castle in the Everfree Forest. But it was a nice change working in the forest. The castle had so many amazing things to it, one could get lost in it's wonders if they really tried. Or at least, two had hoped they could, but they had one problem.

"Oh, we're lost! Whatever will we do?!" Rarity anguished loudly for her audience of two.

"I guess the only thing we can do is stay here while one of us goes for help." Twilight stated, looking to Pinkie Pie, who was all just smiles.

"We came from that way, sillies. Two lefts, a right, 30 meters down the hall, and we're back at the main foyer."

Twilight and Rarity glared at the Pink maned mare. If looks could kill, the group would be one friend less right about now.

"Oh goodie." Rarity spat with as much venom as she could muster. "We're saved."

"I guess we should keep exploring then." Twilight huffed.

"I like that idea!" Pinkie smiled, bounding ahead of the two. Rarity shot Twilight an expression of desperation. She only wanted a little cuddle time with her secret girlfriend. Was that so wrong? Twilight shrugged. They had to bring somepony with them to avoid suspicion, but why did Pinkie have to volunteer? Her sense of direction was just- unshakable!

"Let's try to lose her at the next turn, darling." Rarity whispered as they followed the hyper mare.

"Sounds great." Twilight nodded. So they tried, and failed. Every time the pair would take a wrong turn, there was Pinkie, correcting them and insisting on traveling in groups.

Eventually, the group found themselves in the west halls, watching as the late afternoon sun drifted in through the windows. Twilight sat down for just a second, laying her head back against the wall as she let the warm light wash over her belly and neck. It was divine.

"Twilight, what are you doing?" Rarity asked kindly as she spotted her lover just relaxing there.

"I just wanna sit for a second..." Twilight murmured sleepily.

"But we have so much more to see!" Pinkie gasped. "We can't take a moment to just sit here!"

"Just try it, Pinkie." Twilight urged with eyes blissfully shut.

Pinkie huffed as she was reigned in, but let herself take a seat in the sun shine. "This is boring though. We have so much to see and ZZZZZZZZ."

Rarity leaned her head as she examined her slumbering friend. "Did she really just...?"

"Yeah, she did." Twilight smiled as she reached a hoof forward and took Rarity's own. "So while she's snoozing, would you care to join me for a little bit?"

"Darling, I thought you would never ask." Rarity giggled as she cuddled up to Twilight's side, basking in the warm glow. "I missed this."

"Me too." Twilight murmured. "I missed you..."

"You never lost me." Rarity sang for the mare that meant the most to her.

"Mmm." Twilight purred. "I wish we didn't have to hide this..."

"The world community would have a field day if Equestria's newest Princess was a lesbian though." Rarity chimed in. "Darling, I hate talking politics. Let's talk about happier things."

"Okay." Twilight murmured again, resting her head on top of her love's. "I could just sit here forever with you, babe."

"Darling, you took the words right out of my mouth..." Rarity giggled contently. She felt her lover's breathing slow to a shallow pace, and giggled to herself once more. So her special somepony wanted to just take a nap in the warm sun? That sounded like an amazing idea to the fashionista.

Pinkie awake as she felt her tummy growing cool. The sun was dipping behind the trees, and the room was no longer basked in the glow of the Princess's kindness. But as Pinkie turned, she found herself looking at an odd sight. There was Twilight, and Rarity, laying together and holding hooves. They were breathing quite lightly, and they looked just plain happy. No, not happy, right. Everything was right with them right now. So Pinkie smiled as she laid back down, letting them set the schedule for when the world would matter once more. Right now though, all that mattered was the smiles on her friends faces, and that was just right for this girl.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next