• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Quitting Smoking by Sam Cole

Quiting Smoking

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Today was not Rarity's day. Five. Five canceled orders. And it wasn't even lunch yet. Too just top everything off, she had been doing so well, but was falling today. She could feel the pack calling to her. Begging to used again.

"I promised Twilight I would stop..." Rarity muttered to herself as she paced back and forth. Back and forth. Back and-

"Rarity?" A lovely little voice sang out as the shop bell chimed. "I got us some lunch. Thay food!"

"Twilight!" Rarity screamed as she bolted form the study and straight into her lover's hooves. "Where have you been?"

With a sigh, not a giggle, Twilight looked down to the mare and clicked her tongue in dismay. "You couldn't do it, could you?"

"Do what?" Rarity asked.

"I can still smell the smoke on you, Rarity." Twilight whined as she let the white mare slip form her grasp.

"I- I was just so... I'm sorry, Twinkle...." Rarity muttered in defeat.

"Where are they?" Twilight asked as she set the take out on the table.

"In my study, under the third mannequin." Rarity pointed.

"Good." Twilight smiled. "And the back up pack?"

"I would never!" Rarity gasped until her eyes met with Twilight's. "Basement, behind the water heater."

"Very good. Now for the three loose cigarettes?" Twilight asked politely.

"How did you know about those?" Rarity gasped as Twilight smiled.

"I didn't. I just guessed."

"Drat." Rarity laughed at long last as she fetched the offending tubes of leaves from one of her tea tins. "I'm sorry dear. I know this was my goal, but it's just so hard."

"Hey, resolutions are meant to be." Twilight chuckled as she tucked away the paper sticks. "That's why you get very patient help."

"Thank you, dear." Rarity smiled. "Here, give me the cigarettes. I want to break them, to show I'm true to my word!"

"Yay!" Twilight cheered as she held up two of Rarity's menthol delights.

"Umm, darling, there were three..." Rarity pointed out.

"Oh? I must have missed one, here." Twilight smiled sheepishly, handing over the last cigarette with a blush. A blush Rarity was all too quick to catch on too.

"No!" Rarity gasped. "When did you start smoking?"

"I-" Twilight began till her lover's determined eyes won her over. "I started back when I was 15. It was my rebellious phase, and the smoking just sort of... stuck around..."

"Darling! I'm shocked!" Rarity anguished. "All this time, and you never said a word!"

"I had quit. Up till I started helping you quit that is. I remembered how much I would crave for a smoke, and I just couldn't help myself."

"So this whole time I've been suffering, you've been lying to me about how easy it would be?" Rarity snorted, coming nose to nose with Twilight.

"I'm sorry..." Twilight muttered, looking away.

"Me too." Rarity nodded as she floated over a lighter and gave a cigarette to Twilight. "We'll start again tomorrow, okay?"

"Sounds good to me!" Twilight cheered.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next