• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Don't Get Mad, But... by Spartan-Guy88

Don't Get Mad, But...

By: Spartan-Guy88

~~~~~<>~~~~~

As Twilight and her friends -minus Rarity- left Carousel Boutique, she couldn't exactly describe just how to feel considering what had transpired just thirty minutes ago. She and the others had spent a good portion of the evening helping their dress-making friend sew and assemble the high end order of outfits for pop star Sapphire Shores along with her backup dancers. After they had gotten a good majority of them finished and were preparing to take a well deserved break, during which Twilight looked forward to having with her marefriend, that's when Sweetie Belle entered with an unexpected temper tantrum that followed.

When Rarity did finally come downstairs for their break, it was quite awkward and quiet for everypony involved. Nopony seemed to know what to say that could explain Sweetie Belle's sudden anger towards her sister.

It doesn't make any sense. How in the world could Sweetie Belle be mad at Rarity BECAUSE the dresses for the play were great? Twilight thought to herself. Her pondering was interrupted when somepony in the group spoke to her.

"Hey, Twilight. Is something bothering you?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Snapping out of her thoughts, Twilight turned towards the others and responded.

"Sorry, I've just been wondering about what had happened in there." She said.

Pinkie Pie was the first to reply, "I know right? Sweetie Belle was like an emotional vacuum cleaner!"

The others stared at Pinkie before Applejack finally asked, "Uh...yer gonna have to explain that one to

us."

"I mean," Pinkie explained, "We were having such a blast and having fun helping Rarity with her dresses and then Sweetie Belle came in and practically sucked the fun right out of the room!"

"Oh;" Rainbow said, "So you're saying Sweetie Belle was a buzz killer in there."

Pinkie turned towards Rainbow and exclaimed, "Dashie, there weren't any bees in there. How could Sweetie Belle kill any bees if there wasn't a hive in there?"

"Uhm...I'm pretty sure it's just an expression Pinkie." Fluttershy explained, though it looked as though she was having a particularly difficult time imagining a massacre of bees.

Twilight however turned towards the boutique and said, "Maybe I should go back and make sure Rarity is alright. She really seemed out of it when we left."

After a couple moments of silence, Applejack cautiously stepped forward and spoke, "Uh...Twi...don't get mad at me please...but..."

Oh no. Twilight thought to herself once more. Nothing good comes from that sentence.

Whether they thought there was going to be a nasty dispute or if it was something Applejack wanted to do alone, the other three ponies excused themselves and made their separate ways home; leaving only the librarian/Alicorn princess and the apple farmer to continue with the coming debate.

"...Ah think this is somethin' that Rarity should handle by herself." Applejack finished.

Twilight didn't gasp in disbelief but she did deliver a rebuttal; one that was perhaps harsher than she intended it to be. "Applejack, you saw how upset and confused Rarity was when we left. I can't just ignore something like that happening to any of my friends, especially my marefriend!"

Applejack for her part didn't raise her voice when she responded, "Ah know Twilight; and ah know it's a very kind thing to be there for yer loved ones when they're feelin' down. That bein' said, it still doesn't mean ya should hover over them like a hawk and fight all of their battles for them. Whatever's goin' on in there is between Rarity and Sweetie Belle. Nopony else."

"But I love her!" Twilight exclaimed.

Applejack replied, "Ah know you do. There is absolutely no doubt in mah mind that you two are truly meant to be with each other; but as ah said, there are some things that both you and she should handle by themselves. Take it from me, ah had something similar happen to me about a week ago."

Twilight gave her a confused look and asked, "...You have a special somepony?"

Applejack gave a small chuckle, "Nope, ah ain't seein' anypony at the moment. I'm talking about Applebloom. A week ago Granny Smith, Big Mac, and I all agreed that Applebloom was old enough to stay home alone while we went out of town for a while. Along the way however, ah guess ah let my overprotective self take control of me and ah went back home to keep a close eye on her."

"Ah had good intentions," Applejack continued, "but it seems ah really wasn't payin' much attention to how Applebloom felt about it. Lookin' back on it now, ah guess ah kinda went a little overboard on tryin' to protect her; and ah only wound up drivin' her further away from me as a result. She ran away to try to deliver those pies ah was supposed to deliver. Don't get me wrong, she was grounded for it and she did apologize for what she did; but at the same time she wouldn't have done so if ah had trusted her to take care of herself in the first place."

Twilight took in her story and finally responded after a couple more moments, "I now know you're right Applejack, but I just can't help but feel helpless by leaving like this. Like I said, I love Rarity; and I just want to know if she's alright."

Applejack wrapped her foreleg around Twilight's shoulders and said to her, "Yer far from helpless Twilight. When all this is over, ya can go and talk to her about it. Hay, for all we know, this whole thing could just be some huge misunderstanding that'll get resolved in the morning."

Finally admitting defeat, Twilight sighed and spoke, "I guess you have some very good points there." She gave Applejack a sincere smile and added, "Thanks for the talk."

"Anytime, Twi." Applejack responded as the two then left the premises of the boutique, hoping for the best for the two unicorn sisters.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next