• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Hayburgers by Next Gen Wonderbolt

Hayburgers

By:Next Gen Wonderbolt

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Rarity considered herself a mare of class and fashion. She liked the best of the best when it came to clothes, style, and food. So when her marefriend suggested they go out to eat, she expected a culinary place in Canterlot, not Hayburgers at The Hay Burger.

She loved Twilight and would do anything to see her smile or giggle, but there were somethings even she would question when it came to the mare. It seemed like an obvious choice to say yes when Twilight approached her this morning saying that they could go out for lunch together.

She hadn't said where at the time and if she had, Rarity would've had second thoughts about it. It wasn't that she didn't like spending time with her marefriend, in fact, she would practically go out of her way to see her whenever she could. If she didn't have an order to fill, she would run to the Golden Oaks Library. If she had the day off, to the library. If she was sick, well, she'd make an effort to go to the library.

That's how she found herself here. In The Hay Burger, with a burger sitting right in front of her, and Twilight munching away at the food like a ravenous timber wolf. The smell of it was bland and when Rarity had taken a nibble of it it tasted bland. Rarity watched Twilight as she ate rather than eat her own food. It was astonishing how Twilight could go from a mare that would chomp everything in her path, to the civil bookworm she was known for.

Twilight finshed eating and saw that Rarity had barely touched her burger. A look of concern etched it self onto her face and it grew as she saw Rarity grimace at the burger. Tiny bits of guilt pelted Twilight as she watched her marefriend poke at the food on the table.

"Rarity," Rarity glanced up at Twilight, "If you want, we can go somewhere else and eat? That wasn't very filling so I'm still a bit hungry."

It looked like she was lying, but truth be told Twilight was still in the mood for some food, especially if it meant that she could spend more time with Rarity. Rarity smiled in return and grabbed Twilight's hoof. She dragged the mare out of the restaurant and began galloping towards a familiar sight to both ponies.

"We're eating here/" Twilight asked.

"Of course darling! We shall eat at the best resturaunt in town!" She smiled and waved a hoof to emphasize her point. Twilight giggled and the two walked into Carousel Boutique.

"Rarity?"

"Yes?"

"Can I get a table for two?"

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next