• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

Chapters Next
Rumors by Anonymule

Rumors

By: Anonymule

~~~~~<>~~~~~

The past few weeks have been very kind to Rarity. Her business was booming thanks to the upcoming winter months. She was recently contracted by the mayor of Ponyville to replace the worn and battered vests for this year’s Winter Wrap Up. She had even managed to get over that dreadful cold she had gotten about a week ago. The cherry on top of this, of course was the recent ascension of her friend, the newly crowned Princess Twilight Sparkle.

If rumors were to be believed, Twilight must have found herself a colt, a private in the royal guard named Flash Sentry. But after all the rumors were still rumors, and as Rarity knew all too well rumors about the royals were about as stable as a one legged mule. Had she of known Prince Blueblood was actually gay, instead of the voluptuous playcolt the rumors led her to believe, she would have never approached him, or have thought about him on all those lonely nights.

She was giddy with excitement, Twilight was supposed to be visiting her today, now she could find out if the rumors were true about her friend. Quickly dashing to the kitchen, Rarity set a pot of tea on the stove and gathered a few of the pastries she had in her icebox on a plate. Leaving the kettle to boil, she trotted gingerly to her living room, setting the pastries on the coffee table as she began to clean up the toys her sister Sweetie Belle had left on the floor. After putting away her sister’s toys in their proper place, she heard the kettle whistle in the kitchen.

“Ah yes, just right.” Rarity muttered to herself as she brought the kettle as well as two of her finest teacups with her to the living room. Pouring a cup of tea for Twilight and herself, she heard a knock at the door.

“Twilight, darling I’ve been expecting you.” Rarity stated joyfully as she led her friend into her boutique.

“Thanks for having me.” Twilight said, leaving the two guards stationed by her at the door.

“You are very welcome. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time.” Rarity replied, returning to the lounge in the living room, patting the seat next to her.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been able to see you girls that much.”

“Dear, you are a princess. you have an important job to do”

“I know, but maybe if I reorganized my schedule—”

“Twilight” Rarity interrupted “The citizens of Equestria need you more than we do.”

“But—”

“No Buts! As long as you do not forget about us, we will all be fine.” Rarity smiled, bringing her hoof to Twilight’s shoulder as she began to soothe her.

“Thanks, I needed to hear that.” Twilight sighed as she started to relax to her friend’s ministrations.

….
…..
“So—”

“So?” Twilight questioned as she looked up at her friend.

Rarity quietly sipped her tea “Are the rumors true?” she asked.

“What rumors?”

“A little birdie told me, that you are involved with a certain royal guard.” Rarity smirked.

“What! Um well—” Twilight visibly stiffened as she began to stammer out a reply.

“Ooh, touchy subject?” Rarity asked retracting her hoof from her friend’s shoulder.

“Kind of, I’m not involved with Flash Sentry, not anymore at least.” Twilight slumped down in her seat.

“Oh dear, what happened”

“He said that we couldn’t be together, that it would be a conflict of interests.” Twilight said as tears welled up in her eyes.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” Rarity said pulling Twilight into an embrace, as she started to rub her back.

“It’s just that he was the first guy that I’ve ever liked, you know?”

“I know dear, first loves are always the hardest to break.” Rarity gently patted Twilight as she cried into her chest.

“I’m going to be ALONE!!! Now that I am a princess, ponies are now going to be afraid to approach me.” Twilight wailed into Rarity’s chest.

“Darling, if they are afraid to approach you because of your station, then you deserve better.” Rarity looked into Twilight’s tear soaked eyes before adding “Dear, you are beautiful anypony would be lucky to have you.”

“You’re just saying that.”

“No I am Not! You really could have anypony you wan—” Rarity was interrupted as Twilight planted a soft peck on her lips.

“Twilight? Wha—”

“I’m so sorry Rarity! I know you’re not into mares but I—” Twilight cried as she looked at her friend’s shocked face “I’m just so confused, I’m so sorry!”

“Twilight, I know I’ve never been into mares before.”Rarity said as she looked into Twilight’s eyes. “But, I never said I wouldn't try.” Rarity hooked a hoof around Twilight’s head bringing them into a passionate kiss.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Chapters Next