• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Coco Pommel by Sam Cole

Coco Pommel

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

In the hustle of the large city, two mares were meeting for lunch, making sure to give large smiles and large hugs when they at long last reunited.

"Rarity, it's been too long!" Coco laughed as she hugged her friend.

"Hello darling." Rarity rejoiced. "Love your bag." The white mare teased, spying the identical bag she was carrying upon her friends shoulder.

"I thought you would, after all, you designed it." Coco teased back as they took their seats and placed their bags down. "So how go things with Twilight? You two have been dating for a while now."

"Well, that's actually why I wanted to meet up today..." Rarity sheepishly smiled, pulling a small box out of her bag magically, opening it for her friend to admire.

"Oh Rarity, it's beautiful. I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you." Rarity blushed, putting the ring back down in the bag. "I'm just so nervous though. What if Twilight figured out my plans? She'd ruin the whole surprise."

"Wait, you're proposing to her here?" Coco gasped.

"Mmhmm." Rarity nodded. "I wanted it to be special. Away from family and the majority of our friends so it could be just our special time."

"When will you...?" Coco asked, delighted by the idea.

"Tonight at dinner. We're going to Per Se." Rarity almost squealed, but refrained.

"Oh Rarity, you two will be so happy!" Coco smiled as she reached over the table, pulling Rarity into another hug. "So, are you hungry?"

~~~~~<>~~~~~

That night, two mares sat by in the blissful lighting, the welcoming atmosphere, the perfection of Per Se.

"Twilight, I have something I need to ask you." Rarity finally managed, earning a coy grin from her better half.

"Hmm, whatever it is, my answer is yes." Twilight giggled, playing with her wine glass.

"Twilight, I need to say this in all seriousness." Rarity soldiered on. "I love you. I love you more than fashion. More than elegance. I love you more than Celestia loves cake."

"Wow." Twilight snorted in laughter. "I made that good of an impression, huh?" The Princess laughed.

"Indeed. Darling, would you..." Rarity asked as she reached into her purse. But there was a pause. A very long, weighted pause. "Ah..."

"Rarity?" Twilight asked as she saw her one and only love freeze. "Rare Bear?"

"Where is it?!" Rarity screamed, dumping out her purse to the scorn of several patrons nearby. "It can't have just grown legs and walked off on it's- Coco!"

"Coco has my ring?" Twilight asked, dumbfounded.

"Shush, it's a surprise." Rarity shot at the lavender alicorn. "Come on, we have to find her!" Rarity cried as she rose to her hooves, bolting out of the restaurant at top speeds."

"Sir, just put this on my royal tab, please!" Twilight cried as she took off after her beautiful fiance.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"Coco! It's Rarity!" The white unicorn begged as she mashed the call button, but to no avail.

"Maybe she went out somewhere?" Twilight pondered. Her lover's mane was a mess, having just galloped eighteen blocks to try an find her friend, and let us not make comment about her make up.

"But... but where? We're in Manehatten?"

"Well, let's try the closest places first."

"Okay..." Rarity muttered feebly. But half an hour later, Twilight's optimism was waning in favor of Rarity's new found pessimism.

"She left the city. That's the only answer." Twilight muttered, hugging the shell shocked Rarity tight as the pair sat beside a carrot cart. "She was kidnapped by militant extremists bent on having her make them new uniforms. That's the only logical answer."

Rarity was unable to answer as she just began to cry, burying her face in her hooves. "Rarity? Twilight?" A soft voice called out, begging all attention as the pair looked up to find their target, Coco Pommel, the most welcome sight right now in Manehatten.

"Coco! Where have you been?" The pair asked, bolting up to hug their lost friend.

"I had to run to the store for more light bulbs..." Coco offered meekly. "What's going on?"

"Darling, I think I accidentally put IT in your bag." Rarity urged.

"It? Oh, it!" Coco gasped as she dug around her purse, finally pulling out the small red velvet box to a squeal from the unicorn and alicorn. Rarity greedily scooped up the box, before turning to Twilight with tears in her eyes.

"This is not how I wanted to remember tonight, but we've come too far now darling. Twilight Sparkle, will you marry me?" Rarity asked as she opened the box, letting Twilight spy the diamond at long last.

"Rarity, I can't think of anything that would make me happier." Twilight smiled as she wrapped up the white mare in a strong embrace. "Although I am curious why Coco had my-"

"Shut up and stop ruining the moment, Twilight." Rarity blissfully sighed.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next