• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Muffins by Sam Cole

Muffins

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Clickity clack. Clickity clack. The downpour beating against the train. The world outside their windows blurred as the pair raced on to Canterlot, an urgent mission in the wings. A plan neither one of these two ladies was being honest about.

"Twilight?" Rarity finally inquired. "I understand the princess asked for your aid, but what's the matter?"

"Hmm?" The distracted friend hummed as she was pulled from her thoughts, "Oh, it's about that jewel piece coming to Canterlot tomorrow; the diamond muffin."

"Ah," Rarity smiled. "I've heard several tales of the jewel. Funny how it was perfectly muffin shaped, no?"

"It makes it extremely rare." Twilight smiled. A sly smile, that Rarity mistook for pride in her extracurricular knowledge, but was really the small slip of greed. And that rarity, my Rarity, will increase my pay out ten fold. I've been dying to get my hands on that jewel for years! And now, I'm the head guard who will be setting up the defensive spells! Oh, this is too easy!

"I am to guess then that my aid here is for my extensive knowledge of gems and jewels, no?" Rarity inquired. I know this jewel like the back of my hand. I almost had it in Trottingham last year, but then Pinkie had to clone herself a thousand times and throw off my plans completely!

"Yes, I'll need your expertise to create the spell they'll use to guard it." Twilight smiled.

"I am honored, Twilight darling." Finally, after ten damned years, I'll get my hands on it! No distractions, no children, nothing in my way! All I have to do is provide Twilight with some innocent misinformation, and then I'll be able to come back and claim my precious reward. "Hmm, I can't wait, dear. I must admit, I have wanted to work on some advanced magic with you for a while."

"Same here, Rarity. This will be fun." Twilight smiled her sly smile. I wonder what I'll buy with all that money I'll make. Hmm, a few stolen Starswirl scrolls might just find their way into my hands here soon...

Both women looked put the window, one thought in their minds as the train clicked down the tracks. But how do I keep her out of this? I don't want her to get hurt after all. She's just an innocent bystander to my heist...

"Twilight, there will be thieves. Are you sure about this?"

"I was about to ask you that, Rares. I'll be fine. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't worried for you."

"Don't fret my dear. I'm doing the same thing you are." Rarity smiled as Twilight let herself relax. Neither one knew how true those words were, but soon would.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next