• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Winning The Lottery by Anonymule

Winning The Lottery

By: Anonymule

~~~~~<>~~~~~

“I’m really not sure that this is a good idea,” said the studious purple mare, holding a fake lottery ticket as she looked into the cerise eyes of her partner in crime.

“Ah, come on Twilight,” the scratchy voice of her rainbow headed friend complained. “You’ve been saying that you wanted to get Rarity back for putting salt in your coffee for ages now.”

“But she did that for April fools, Isn’t it too late to get her back?” Twilight questioned, contemplating if she should actually go through with this.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes at the overreacting egghead, “It’s never too late to get revenge.”

“But it is November!” Twilight exclaimed, throwing her hooves into the air for extra emphasis on what she was speaking.

“So? Let’s go we don’t have all day.” The prismatic mare not waiting for a reply turned and exited the library, leaving the mulberry mare behind.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

“Are you sure about this?”

“Yea, I can’t wait to see her face when she realizes it isn’t real.” A blue hoof rapped the artisan-crafted door.

“Doesn’t this seem kind of cruel?”

“Nah, not really,” the Pegasus replied calmly as the door began to open.

“Twilight, Rainbow, how are you today?” A groggily looking white unicorn greeted them.

“Um, fine thanks,” Twilight looked around nervously, “we were just in the neighborhood, and we got something for you.” The shaky mare retrieved the fake ticket from her satchel and levitated it in front of her ivory-coated friend.

“A lottery ticket?” The bloodshot eyes of the seamstress scanned over the ticket, before returning their gaze to her friends. “Now I appreciate the gesture, I really do, but gambling is quite unbecoming for a mare like me.”

“Oh, get over yourself, you might win something.” Rainbow smirked.

Groaning Rarity rolled her tired eyes, “I have about the same chance of winning the lottery as I have of becoming a princess.”

“You never know Rarity,” Twilight assured her friend, trying to hide her giggle.

“Fine, I’ll try.” Rarity retrieved a nearby bit in her magic, starting to scratch the ticket.

Seeing her friends face pale even whiter than it usually was Rainbow smirked. “So Rarity, did you win anything?”

“Huh…Wha--,” Rarity swallowed hard as she continued to stare at the lotto ticket in front of her.

“Um, Rarity are you ok?” Twilight questioned, concerned about her silent friend who was usually anything but.

“I won… I WON!!!” Rarity screamed as she began to shake violently.

“What’d you win,” the deceiving duo asked simultaneously.

3,000 bits!” Rarity bit down on her hooves as she let out a squeal, “I can finally buy that new sewing machine and I’ll have enough left over to pay my rent this month!”

“Check the back, to see where you can receive your prize!” Twilight said cheerfully

“Valid only in your dreams…” Rarity read the back of the ticket, her voice lowering as a wave of revelation washed over her.

“That’s for putting salt in my coffee!” Twilight smirked as she put a hoof on her shocked friend’s shoulder.

“A joke, this is a j-joke?” Rarity stammered, her eyes questioning her friends.

“You should’ve seen your face!” Rainbow Dash fell to the floor clutching her abdomen, busting a lung.

“Rarity? Are you alright?” Twilight shook her unresponsive friend, as she looked into their cold azure eyes.

Rarity giggled softly, she began to chuckle louder as she looked at her friends. “You really had me going there for a minute.”

“You’re not mad at us?” Twilight looked at the still flailing Pegasus, before returning her eyes to the white unicorn.

“Oh, no, not at all,” Rarity’s lips lifted into a small smile as all the doors and windows in her boutique closed with a click.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next