• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
Double Date by Anonymule

Double Date

By: Anonymule

~~~~~<>~~~~~

The sound of clopping hooves filled the carousel boutique as they franticly met the tile floors. Rarity returned to her foyer, a designer hoofbag in her magical aura.

“Here you are dear,” Rarity said levitating the bag to her partner. “I knew I had just the bag to complete your ensemble.”

Twilight took the bag in her magenta aura. “Is this really necessary?” She questioned, looking over the bag that she’d just been given.

“Of course it’s necessary!” Rarity huffed, “without that bag your ensemble would be ruined.”

Twilight didn’t respond, knowing it wouldn’t be much use when her Rare-Bear had her mind on something. They’d only been dating for a few weeks, and now they were about to attend a double date with another lesbian couple.

“Oh, is it Six O’clock already?” Rarity questioned as the clock’s toll chimed. “I guess we should get going.” She turned, heading towards the door.

The pair headed out into the cool autumn air, the breeze was blowing slightly as the sun disappeared from the horizon. Their hooves met the cool cobble streets, making Rarity wish she’d worn her booties, and Twilight wish they could get to the restaurant already.

Passing the time, they walked and talked about this and that, making their way down the road. Soon they came upon a small corner restaurant, with few ponies inside.

Nodding to the waitress, they headed to a corner booth in which sat a familiar, butter coated Pegasus. They took their seats, smiling at their friend who was staring intently at the menu the server had given her.

Clearing her throat, the snow coated mare turned to the oblivious mare. “How are you on this lovely evening dear?”

“Hmm, wha—” Fluttershy looked up, her internal debate on choosing either extra croutons or ranch dressing interrupted.

Chuckling slightly to herself, the mulberry mare met the cyan eyes of her startled friend. “She asked ‘how are you doing?’”

“Oh! Um fine thank you,” the shy mare looked around the restaurant, “I’m just a little nervous.”
“What do you have to be nervous about darling?” Rarity asked, “we’ve been planning this for months.”

“Oh, well it’s just that this is the first time you’ll both be meeting her, and that makes me nervous.” Fluttershy fumbled with her hooves, like a foal with their hoof caught in the cookie jar.

“Dear, I know how hard it is coming out to your friends, and you don’t have anything to worry about.” A white hoof wrapped itself around a yellow one. “We will always be here for you, dear.”

Her nerves calmed for the moment, the shy mare looked around a bit. Looking at the hoof still wrapped around hers, she thought about the recent coming out of the white hoof’s owner.

“At least I didn’t have a panic attack like you did.” Fluttershy retrieved her hoof, chuckling slightly.

A forced smile found its way to Rarity’s face. “I suppose I did have a bit of a break down when I came to terms with my sexuality.”

Noticing the pained expression on her marefriend’s face, Twilight adopted a facial expression of her own.

“Ooh, what happened?” A seldom-used evil smirk appeared on the scholar’s lips.

“Well, it’s not really my place to say but,” The quiet mare gulped, “she had a mental breakdown, but one worse than it usually is.”

“I bet that sure was something,” Twilight chuckled, earning a swift kick to the back of her leg from her unamused ‘Rare-Bear’.

“She threatened to sign herself up for straight camp.” Fluttershy murmured, hoping to avoid a kick to her shins.

“Anything else happ—” her question was cut short as a muzzle made its way to her ear. “One more word and I swear you’ll be sleeping on the couch tonight, even if it is your birthday.” Rarity chided her lover.

Realizing the gravity of the situation, Twilight gulped. “So… how are the animals doing?” The purple mare said, hoping to avoid the loss of her birthday present.

“They’re fine, thanks.” Cyan eyes roamed the restaurant, spotting a familiar gray form, her eyes widened.

Seeing her friend’s eyes widen, Rarity raised a brow questioningly. She was answered when a gray mare with a charcoal mane sat across from her and Twilight. She seems familiar…

Adjusting her collared-bowtie, the well-manicured mare cleared her throat. “You must be Fluttershy’s friends, I’ve heard so much about you, I’m—”

“Octavia Melody!” Rarity gasped, realizing her favorite composer was sitting across from her.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next