• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,573 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,573

PreviousChapters Next
A Bit Off by TaviPlaysTheBass

A Bit Off

By: TaviPlaysTheBass

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Something about Rarity seemed a little bit unusual. For the past few weeks, Twilight had been noticing certain behaviors from her that seemed strange.

Rarity had started reading voraciously, she would stop by the library once every few days to pick up a new book. Twilight found it odd that Rarity would start reading so much since she had never showed interest before. Not that Twilight had any problems with it though, it was nice to have her friends share her interests.

Rarity had also begun following Twilight around. When Twilight was heading to the store, Rarity would appear from some side street and start walking with her. No matter what, she would always just happen to be heading in the same direction that Twilight was.

It was really starting to bother Twilight. What could be causing this change in one of my closest friends?

There was only one way to find out, of course: studying, the solution to all problems.

Twilight surveyed her bookshelf, looking for something that would tell her what was wrong with Rarity. History… Biology… Flight… No, none of these are right. Aha! Psychology! That will tell me what was going on.

She levitated a few basic psych books off the shelf and set to work. She had a lot of reading to get done.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

Hmmmm, this looks interesting. “Subject will act as a shadow, often following around a pony of interest.” I’ve finally found it! This definitely sounds like whatever happened to Rarity.

“These are common symptoms of infatuation. Subjects displaying this behavior are usually in love with the one that they pursue.”

What.

Rarity is “infatuated” with me? There’s no way! we’re just friends. Good friends. She can’t be thinking about me romantically, that would just be too weird.

Twilight thought about it. Would it really be bad? She is a beautiful mare, and one of the nicest ponies I know. If she’s really infatuated with me, maybe I should give her a chance.

The more Twilight thought about it, the more excited she became. Of all the mares she could hope to end up with, Rarity was among the best.

Now there’s just the question of getting her out on a date. Her horn lit up and she looked around the library. I’m sure there’s a book on it somewhere in here.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next