• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,573 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,573

PreviousChapters Next
Magic Potion Commotion by Sam Cole

Magic Potion Commotion

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"So Sweetie Belle and her friends made... this?" Rarity cringed as she levitated up the potion in question, looking at the offending fluid as if it would apologize for it's existence.

"Yep..." Twilight sighed. "I just knew giving them that book was a bad idea."

"What kind of potion is it, do you think?" Rarity asked as she turned the bottle to examine the sheen of the liquid.

"I don't know. It didn't trigger any results on the potion litmus test..." Twilight frowned. "That book holds over sixteen different potion recipes. We need to test this."

"Fluttershy won't loan us anymore rabbits, darling. Not after last weeks 'test.'"

"Plan B then. Rarity, you're control. I'll take a small taste to see if I can determine the effects." Twilight surmised.

"If you insist." Rarity added, watching in horror as Twilight took a small sample with an eye dropper, then carefully let just one drop splash onto her tongue. "Anything?"

"No." Twilight noted, looking in the mirror carefully. "Well, it's not a cutie mark potion, I can tell you that much."

"Is it dangerous?"

"No, I don't feel any ill effec-" Twilight told while she turned, but stopped as she laid eyes on the white mare with the slightest signs of a frown. She cared so much, and she just couldn't help but admire that sort of dedication to family and friends. And her eyes looked so pretty. And her hair looked so pretty. Everything was kinda pretty now. "Rarity..."

"Yes Twilight?" Rarity asked as she stepped closer, her fear paramount.

"You're really pretty."

"... Granted, now are you okay?"

"I'm fine, but you're perfect." Twilight sighed, letting that drunken smile of love slip over her features.

"Oh bloody hell, it's a love potion." Rarity growled. "Okay Twilight, how do we break a love potion?"

"Eee! She said my name!" Twilight giggled, dancing around.

"This is going to take a while..."

"I'm fine with that..." Twilight said timidly, slipping closer still to Rarity so she could whisper to her lovingly. "As long as I get to be with you, I'll take a long as you want me too."

"Down Twilight." Rarity ordered. "We have to figure out why my sister would even make a love potion to begin with."

"Yeah. Or we could just stay here and cuddle for a bit..." Twilight offered meekly. "That also sounds like a good plan."

"Ugh." Rarity grunted as Twilight wore on her nerves. "Get your head out of the clouds, Twilight. We have an important mission."

"You won't drop this till we've solved the mystery, will you?" Twilight asked rather sharply.

"No, I shall not, Twilight."

"Fine. How about if I can answer your questions, you'll cuddle with me?" Twilight bargained.

"No."

"Please?"

"No!"

"One try? That's all I ask."

"Just one?"

"Just one." Twilight nodded.

"Fine. If you can get the answer in just one try, I'll cuddle with you." Rarity snorted in disgust. Part of her felt bad for manipulating her friend's condition, but the other part was just annoyed and ready to do what it took to move this show along.

"Yay!" Twilight cheered. "So it seems pretty obvious that given the holiday coming up tomorrow, they wanted to do something special for a certain somepony. Seeing as they would all have to rally around one target for their join efforts, that narrows it down to Cheerilee as the mare. The colt could be anyone in town, but logic dictates they would pick Big Macintosh due to his relationship with them already and the fact that he is one of the few single stallions in Ponyville at the moment. The administration is probably tonight or tomorrow, more than likely at a secluded area where the kids will be betting their targets drink the potion sold to them as punch because 'they're just kids being kids.'"

Rarity was stunned. Her mouth hung open as her brain tried to process the information, but to no avail, till, at long last, "Big spoon or little spoon?"

"Yay! Yes, please!" Twilight cheered, jumping onto Rarity as she nuzzled deep into the white mare's chest.

"Twilight! We have to stop them! We have to... oh your fur is so soft..." Rarity purred as Twilight hit a sweet spot just on the side of her neck. And thus Rarity's and Twilight hour of heroics was cut short for more cuddle time.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next