• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
Jealous Lovers by Spartan-Guy 88

Jealous Lovers

By: Spartan-Guy 88

~~~~~<>~~~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This is a SLIGHTLY alternate take on the ending of Equestria Girls.

"Why is it that every time we try to have a huge celebration SOMETHING has to try to ruin it for us. I mean, can't we just have this country safe... for TEN MINUTES?” Rarity thought to herself.

It had been only moments ago that Twilight and Spike returned from the alternate dimension; and everypony had so many questions they had to wait for answers on. What was the alternate world like? Would they ever see Sunset Shimmer again? If so, how many ponies would it take to keep Rainbow Dash from pounding her to dust for putting Equestria in danger?

“But most importantly…” Rarity thought once more, “What were they wearing in there?! Oh if only I could have gone with them. I could have gotten some inspiration for a new design! I'm going to have to pry that from Twilight and Spikey-Wikey soon enough!”

Her thoughts were cut off when she heard a thud coming from in front of her. Looking forward, she saw Twilight being helped to her hooves by a Royal Guard they saw when they had first arrived at the Crystal Empire.

“We’ve got to stop bumping into each other like this.” The guard said before walking away.

Twilight asked Cadance, “Who was that?”

“He’s a new member of the castle guard. Flash Sentry, I think. Why? Do you know him?” Cadance
responded.

There was a couple-second pause before Twilight replied, “Not exactly.”

Despite her answer, the recently crowned Princess seemed nervous about delivering her response and… was that a blush on her face?

Applejack was the first to pick up on what was going on; “Ooh! Somepony’s got a crush on the new guy!” She said.

Twilight looked like she wanted to bolt and gallop to her room. “No! No I don’t!”

“Ha! That is so denial!” Rainbow Dash teased. “You’ve so got it for him!”

“Don’t be ridiculous. I don’t even know him.” Twilight argued; “He just-”

“Totally reminds you of a guy you met in the other world who played guitar, was in a band, and helped prove you didn't destroy all the decorations for a big dance, so you could still run for princess of the big dance, and then asked you to dance at that dance?!” Pinkie then takes a huge breath after delivering her rant; “Right?”

Twilight seemed very perplexed at what Pinkie had just spoken.

“…How did you know that?” She asked.

Pinkie answered in a calmer tone, “Just a hunch.”

Whatever was said next seemed to have gone unnoticed by Rarity as her brain brewed up a storm over what had just transpired.

“Twilight… and that Flash Sentry? I just… I can’t seem to imagine those two… TOGETHER. I mean, Flash seems to be a kind pony, a good soldier as well. He just… I don’t know how to describe it… doesn’t seem like the type that could be the right pony to court her. Twilight is certainly a one of the fairest ponies I’ve ever met and have the honor of being a friend of. She’s smart, funny even when she’s not trying to be funny, and not to mention quite beautiful to look at. Her mane just GLOWS when she’s standing in the sunset- Wait, WHAT AM I SAYING?! Twilight is my friend! Besides, I’ve always been more into stallions……… right?”

Any further thoughts were interrupted when she felt somepony prod her in the arm.
“Rarity!” She heard Applejack yell.

Turning towards her, Rarity saw that both her closest friend Fluttershy and Applejack had remained behind while the others were already heading upstairs back to their rooms for the night.

“Oh my.” Rarity told them, “I must have gotten distracted. Sorry to keep you girls worried.”

Fluttershy replied, “We weren’t worried Rarity; but you were spacing out back there. Is something wrong?”

“Not at all darling;” Rarity said, “I just… cannot stop thinking about what I’m going to ask Twilight first when she tells us about that alternate world she and Spike were just in.” She finished with an awkward smile.

Applejack wasn’t fooled however when she responded, “Admit it Rare. Yer jealous.”

Rarity sputtered before replying, “J-jealous?! That is absurd! I would never stoop myself to that level.”

Fluttershy tried to calm the situation. “It’s okay Rarity. You’re not the only one who thinks Flash Sentry is… well… very handsome.”

“…Who?” Rarity asked.

Applejack looked confused, “…That guard you have it for just like Twilight? The one that was just here?”

It dawned on Rarity on who they were talking about. “Oh! That guard. Uh… yes… he seems… quite rugged if you ask me…”

Judging by the looks Fluttershy and Applejack were giving her; it seemed they had begun to realize something else. Something Rarity herself thought wasn’t true.

“…No way.” Applejack spoke in a stunned tone; “No. Way. You mean… you…”

“I DON’T HAVE A CRUSH ON TWILIGHT SPARKLE!” Rarity blurted out loud; whom then covered her mouth with her hoof.

Applejack and Fluttershy were speechless.

After a couple of moments, Rarity quietly begged them, “Please don’t tell anypony. Even I don’t know what to do with these feelings.”

Fluttershy was the first to respond, “Don’t worry Rarity, your secret is safe with us.”

Applejack followed suit, “Same here; but sooner or later yer gonna have to talk to Twi about this.”

“I know Applejack. I just… need to process this…” Rarity said as she began to walk towards the stairs.

"Ponyfeathers!" Rarity thought to herself once more. "What just happened?! Where did that come from? I... I can't have a crush on Twilight! Applejack is right though, I really need to talk to Twilight about this as soon as I can."

When Rarity finally reached her room and climbed into bed she thought to herself one last time before sleep took her hold; "Twilight would look quite amazing in that new design I have in mind..."

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next