• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,573 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,573

PreviousChapters Next
Brothers and Sisters by Anonymule

Brothers and Sisters

By: Anonymule

~~~~~<>~~~~~

The wheels of The Friendship Express clacked quietly as it traveled down the track. A cold wind outside was howling, as a new blanket of snow was being added to the northern landscape. Colorful carriages being pulled by the locomotive shook ever so slightly, rocking their inhabitants slowly to sleep. The soft snores of the passengers filled each carriage of sleeping ponies.

“I wonder what they’ll say?” a mulberry mare sighed quietly to herself as she gazed at the moon above the frozen landscape.

“Twilight dear, come back to bed.” Rarity yawned softly, rolling over to see Twilight staring out into the night sky with a forlorn expression on her face.

“Sorry to wake you with my worrying.” Twilight apologizes before giving her lover a soft peck on the forehead.

“Darling, you haven’t a thing to worry about.” Another yawn escaped her alabaster muzzle. “Tomorrow will go smoothly, just you wait.”

Twilight settled into the covers, starring into the azure eyes of her marefriend. “It’s just with the changeling fiasco, and Sombra’s attack, I just don’t want to stress them out more than they already are.”

“You act as if coming out with our relationship is a threat to Equestria itself.”

“I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to—”

“Do not apologize to me.” Rarity pulled her sweetheart into a short embrace. “Now hush, I wish to spoon with you.” She added, giving Twilight a kiss, before resting her head into the crook of her beloved’s neck.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

“I’m really not sure about this.”

Rarity shook her head slightly. “We are going to be fine love.” She nuzzled Twilight,s side as they walked to The Crystal Palace.

“Ok.” Twilight said solemnly as they approached a pair of guards posted by the Palace entrance.

“State your business.” A gruff voice came from the smaller of the two guards.

“We’re here to see my brother and my sister in law.” Twilight raised her eyebrow, expecting her brother to tell the guards of her upcoming arrival.

The two guards looked at each other. “We sincerely apologize, they are waiting for you in the dining hall.” The tallest guard apologized, while the two of them opened the Palace doors.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

“Twilie!” A familiar voice called out to her as her brother and former foalsitter walked up to them.

“Shiny!” Twilight exclaimed rushing to meet her B.B.B.F.F. in a loving embrace.

A tired looking Cadence looked at the two siblings with a small smile. “Hello Twilight, Rarity.”

“Good day, your Majesties, I hope everything is well in the kingdom.”

“The kingdom is doing well, thank you for asking Rarity” Princess Cadence responded looking at the alabaster mare. “Let us sit down, the letter Twilight sent seemed to be very urgent.”

“Of course.”

They all sat down at the large Palace dining table, Twilight and Rarity sat next to one another holding hooves, while Shining Armor and Cadence sat across from them.

“So, what did you want to tell us about?” Shining Armor asked his sister as he took a ship of his black coffee.

Twilight turned to look at Rarity and gulped. “Rarity and I are dating.” She looked at her brother and sister in law.

Shining smirked. “Is that all? The way the letter was written we thought something terrible must have happened.”

Rarity was stunned by the lack of shocked gasps and incredulous stares. “Y—You’re not surprised?”

“Not really, I mean I’ve had my suspicions, but she just confirmed them.” Noticing his little sister was now quieter than when she was caught wearing their mother’s makeup when she was a foal, Shining Armor added, “C’mon Twilight, nopony I know can miss as many flirts as you do, even you can’t be that clueless.”

“Wha—” Twilight unable to deal with the turn of events, promptly passed out, hitting the floor with a *thump*

“Oh dear, she did the same thing when we came out to our friends.”

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next