• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
A Feast by Sam Cole

A Feast

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"Please! You have to help me!" Twilight's voice rang out as she clung to her assistant, as the small dragon tried to walk away. "I can't do it without you!"

"Yes you can Twi." Spike snorted as he pushed her hooves off. "It's not that hard! You cook for me all the time!"

"But that's different!" Twilight pleaded. "That's just dinner with some gems thrown in. This is my first dinner with Rarity's folks. For Rarity's folks!"

"So what? You know them both already." Spike noted. "They're proud of you and Rarity."

"But now I'm hosting them. Here, in my home. As their daughter's marefriend! What if I don't make the meal right? They'll shun Rarity? What if her folks get sick from it? Then Rarity will be upset with me! What if I say something stupid?"

"You just did." Spike noted. "Rarity loves you, and her parents think the world of you! There is no way on Equus that any meal you prepare could turn out bad." Spike smiled as he exited, leaving Twilight with a vote of confidence, and no real help what so ever.

"But which dish should I make?" Twilight muttered to her empty library. "I don't want to come off as stingy. But I don't want to be a braggart either... Maybe a little bit of everything?"

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"Hello deary!" Pearl sang out as the motherly mare hugged Twilight, the two parents and daughter being ushered into the house. "My, it smells wonderful in here!"

"Thank you." Twilight smiled as Rarity visibly relaxed. She was worried her love would fall victim to another bout of worry.

"So what's for dinner?" Magnum joked as they all headed to the table.

"Everything." Twilight smiled. The sad, demented smile of a mare who has worked to long in a hot environment on a delicate task. Rarity groaned as her fear came to pass.

"Did you say everything?" Pearl asked, unsure.

"Everything from 'Modern Recipes for Family Entertaining!'" Twilight tried to smile, but it sounded more like a whimper. "I wasn't sure which dish would be best, so I..."

"You made every dish in that book?" Pearl gasped. "Honey, that's over 50 different items!"

"I know... It's exactly 56 with only three variations on previous dishes."

"My darling, you didn't have too work that hard for us," Rarity began to comfort her love, moving closer to her. "We would have been just happy with some salad and pecans if that was what you had felt like making."

"... I made a nice pecan and apple slice salad actually also..." Twilight muttered. "I was just so worried."

"My dear, it's alright." Rarity whispered as she held her love close.

"Umm, I hate to be the one to ask then, but where is all of that food? 50 dishes sounds like an awful lot of food?" Magnum pointed out for the group.

"Oh, they're in here!" Twilight smiled as she dashed into the kitchen, coming back out with a rolling cart loaded with over 50 little pony sized dishes. "I didn't want to risk anything, so I made little samplers of everything."

"My dear, these look fantastic!" Rarity gasped as she looked over the tray, her eyes lingering on that particular lemon meringue pie slice.

"It's like a feast of appetizers!" Magnum smiled, licking his lips.

"Calories still count honey." Pearl reminded her husband before he went over board again.

"Well, I was hoping to find a group favorite tonight so I could make that next time actually... "Twilight smiled. "But you all really like this idea?"

"My dear, it's you exactly." Rarity smiled as she hugged her lover again. "How could I not love something this thoughtful that you poured so much into?"

"Thanks Rarity, that means a lot." Twilight chuckled. "So then everypony, lets eat. Grab whatever you like I guess..." Twilight laughed as she watched her lovers folks poke around the cart, debating where to start, what to come back for, and who was going to have to wrestle who for that spinach and avocado wrap.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next