• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,568 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,568

PreviousChapters Next
Trust by Sam Cole

Trust

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

"Well?"

That question. It had to be that question. Of course she would follow up her request with that question. Why wouldn't she? That's who she is! It's part of her, right down to her very being. She knows that question prompts a response from me.

"I don't know Twilight..." I finally manage. "I just can't bring myself to say..."

"Why not?" She almost snaps. I wish she had. Her anger would make it easier for her to make the right choice. "Don't you trust me?"

"Implicitly darling." I stutter, almost crying. Oh how I trust you. No, not trust, though that does play it's part. No, the word I should be using is love. I love her, more than the mountains love the skies. But just like the mountains, my love will forever be out of my reach. And I can't even blame the poor boy's love for me. That would not be fair to him. No, he is only guilty of a childhood crush, and should not suffer my sins for his heart.

No, what keeps us apart, is us. I'm a nervous wreck, one missed stitch away from a crying fit. And her? She's just a tightly bound ball of nerves, too edger to please those she loves most. Her best qualities outshine mine any day of the week too boot. She's a star pupil, a dedicated caretaker, and just effortlessly the greatest friend and confidant I could ever hope for. I have nothing to offer her. A relationship between us could only ever end in disaster.

"Rarity, listen, I know you like somepony. I like somepony too," Twilight rallied, and thus succeed in breaking me out of my self induced bout of hate. "So how about if you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine. Deal?"

"I- I can't... I don't want you to think less of me..." I mutter.

"Rarity, I could never think less of you. You're an amazing pony. You make the most beautiful things. You're always so kind, so proper. Yet you're not stuck up. If I could manage to somehow think less of you, the universe would have ended."

"Do you- do you promise?" I squeak. Yes, squeak. I've sunk that low in my fear of her discovering my feelings. But she smiles for me.

"I promise."

"I- I would like a relationship with you, Twilight..." I manage. I can't meet her eyes. She's quite. She must hate me. Morbid curiosity strikes a hold of me, and I look. She's- She's smiling?!

"I know," Twilight says with her gorgeous smile. "I've known for a while now. About a month ago I was walking past the boutique, when I heard you singing. I stopped to listen for a minute, till I realized you were singing a love song, about me. At first I was shocked, but only because I never thought you liked mares. But I also secretly hoped one day, you'd work up the courage to tell me."

"Twilight, are you saying...?" I stutter, looking at those hopeful eyes, tears brimming on them as she readied herself.

"My crush is you too, Rarity."

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next