• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,572 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,572

PreviousChapters Next
Aroma by Anonymule

Aroma

By: Anonymule

~~~~~<>~~~~~

With a spark, Twilight set the wick of the candle ablaze. Turning her head to the clock on the wall, noticing that it was a quarter to six, she quickly trotted into the kitchen to check on the vegetable soup she had simmering. One of the few things she could actually cook well, Twilight practically lived off the stuff when she was in college. Bringing the wooden spoon to her lips, she sipped the soup, making sure that it was made to perfection. Putting the wooden spoon back in the pot, she walked over to the kitchen table, and set it with two bowls and two spoons.

After making sure her silverware was straight, Twilight left the kitchen, and went down into her basement to retrieve what would be the centerpiece of the table. Sitting on her workbench was the candle that she had spent weeks making for her anniversary dinner. It was made from only the most premium of extracts that she had extracted herself from the scents that her marefriend, Rarity enjoyed the most. Candle in tow, Twilight went back into the kitchen to place her special candle.

Twilight studied the mauve candle as she adjusted its position on the table. Satisfied, she levitated the pot of soup, and brought it to the table. Giving each of the bowls a generous helping of soup, she garnished them with a pinch of clover in the center. The aroma of the soup made her mouth salivate, but she had to wait for her date to arrive before she could enjoy it. Setting the pot back on the stove, Twilight lit the wick of the candle. A knock at the door prompted her to go answer it.

The door opened to reveal her marefriend Rarity checking her appearance in a small mirror. Twilight cleared her throat.

“Oh, hello darling, I didn’t see you there,” Rarity put her mirror away in her purse as she stepped inside the library.

“Don’t worry about it,” Twilight assured, leading her marefriend into the Kitchen.

Upon entering the kitchen, Rarity spotted Twilight’s simple but refined table layout. “My, you didn’t need to go to all this trouble Twilight.” Rarity breathed deeply, taking in all of the pleasant scents.

Twilight walked up to Rarity, and gave her a small peck on the lips. “I know, but I wanted to make our Anniversary special,” Twilight replied with a smile.

“We could have had takeout, and it would still have been special.” Rarity nuzzled Twilight, before taking a seat at the table.

Twilight simply smiled, and sat in the chair opposite of Rarity. The two mares started to eat quietly, occasionally sipping on their glasses of Marelot from their shared wine cooler.

“Where is… ” Rarity began.

“Spike is on his date with Silver Spoon at the café.” Twilight interrupted, not even looking up from her soup.

Rarity didn’t respond right away, her eyes traced over the candle as she looked at it deeply. “Good for him. Where did you get this candle, Twilight? It looks and smells absolutely marvelous!” Rarity swooned, taking an even bigger whiff of the candle’s scent.

“You like it?” Twilight asked. “I spent the better part of a month making it.” She added looking up at a doe eyed Rarity.

“Like it? I LOVE it!” Rarity exclaimed, before adding. “Why it must be the most stunning candle I have ever seen!”

“I’m glad you like it. Maybe all my hard work deserves an award?” Twilight asked huskily, leaning over the table.

Rarity, realizing where her marefriend was going, “It most certainly does,” she said seductively, leaning over the table as well.

Twilight puckered her lips slightly in preparation for meeting those soft, succulent lips of her partner.

….

......

……….

Twilight opened one of her eyes, confused at what was taking Rarity so long, and saw that… Rarity was kissing a candle?

Twilight looked onwards in shock as Rarity practically fellated the candle. Her marefriend’s once white lips were now covered in the mauve wax of the cylindrical object. Strands of thick wax now connected the roof of her mouth and jaw. Rarity’s eyes were now in a thick haze of lust, candle lust.

“Huh… What?” Twilight stammered out as her jaw made its way to the floor. The dull thud of Twilight’s hoof hitting the table woke Rarity from her candle-induced lust.

“T-Twilight, this isn’t what it l-looks like!” Rarity said frantically trying to hide the object of her affections.

“What do you mean it isn’t what it looks like? It’s exactly what it looks like!” Twilight shouted, her face still in disbelieve.

Rarity’s eyes filled to the brim with tears as she cried out a response. “I never meant for it to be this way!”

“Be this way? What in Celestia’s name, are you talking about? It’s a feathering candle for discord’s sake!” Twilight argued, baring her teeth at the mare in front of her.

“I never knew a flame would spark between Candie and me, it just happened!” Rarity stepped in front of Twilight while bawling her eyes out.

“Are you serious right know?” Twilight growled deeply.

“Please, know I’m sorry, and never meant for it to end like this!” Rarity sobbed out an apology before turning tail, and bolting out off the library.

Twilight sat down on her haunches. ‘Did that seriously just happen?’ Twilight thought to herself in disbelief. ‘Did I really get dumped for a candle?’ She thought again, trying to piece together what just happened.

A few moments later, the front door opened. Expecting to see Rarity, Twilight lifted her head, and met the confused eyes of her dragon assistant.

“Was that Rarity I just saw right now, sobbing and muttering to a candle?” Spike asked not believing what his eyes were telling him.

Sighing deeply, Twilight deposited the bowls in the sink. “Yep,” she stated simply in a monotone voice.

“Then shouldn’t we, I don’t know help her?” Spike suggested with wide eyes, and a worried expression on his face.

“I guess we should,” Twilight shrugged before slipping into her coat, in the hope that they could find the now disturbed and candlesexual mare muttering to a hunk of wax.

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next