• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
A Rainy Day by Sam Cole

"I hate the rain." Rarity muttered, staring gloomily out of Twilight's window.It was supposed to be a nice, peaceful day, with a lunch picnic and friends. Instead, She got caught by the rain as she stopped off to pick up Twilight, and now neither mare could leave the bookish enclosure.

Twilight, for her part, was in no better moods. A certain 'delivery' of a baby grand piano had mad ea new hole in her roof, so she was spending all day trying to just stop the leaks. She could only roll her eyes at the white mare that was sitting there, looking dejected and miserable. Maybe I should cheer her up with a nice hug... Twilight thought before she snapped the the idea that she was thinking of hugging Rarity. "Hey, Rarity, would you mind helping me?"

"Hmm, oh of course Darling." Rarity nodded, pulled from her thoughts of hat destroying water to her friend's aid. "Let's see here..." Rarity muttered while she slid right up to Twilight to look at the same leak she was seeing.

Twilight felt her heart beating a mile a minute now, and was quick to put distance between her and the beautiful white mare. No! Not beautiful! She's just a white mare. Nothing more. She looks nice, but only in a platonic way! "Whoa, hey. Don't sneak up on me like that." The librarian nervously chuckled.

"Darling, you called me over." Rarity was quick to point out. "Do you want my help or not?"

"Yes." Twilight said, but she was indecisive when she tried to step closer to her friend. "I- I just need a little space is all..."

"What? Did you eat a lot of garlic or something?" Rarity chuckled as she kept looking for and magically stopping leaks. Twilight gave a sharp laugh before her mind ran away with the new thought.

Oh Celestia, what if I did eat a lot? Did I eat a lot? I don't remember if I did. I don't think I had any actually. But what about eggs? I had an omelet this morning! My breath must be horrid! She'll never want to talk to me now! Wait, she's not that shallow. She'll still like me. I mean Talk to me! Talk!

"Twilight!" Rarity urged, pulling Twilight from her thoughts. "I could really use your help here."

"Sorry!" Twilight yelped, getting up next to Rarity to help plug the leaks. She focused her magic, but found quickly her thoughts would betray her again. Every time Rarity brushed against her, she would lose focus. Every time Rarity would mutter something under her breath, it almost made the mare collapse. Eventually the roof, now suffering in it's neglect and the growing downpour, gave way to streams of water, coating Rarity and Twilight in cold water as they yelped and tried to get out of the water's path.

Soaked, cold, and huddled in the only corner of the library that was not filled with books or water, the two mares were trying to warm back up, and Twilight had had enough. "Just- Just stop it, Rarity!"

"Excuse me?" Rarity asked as she scooted away from Twilight. "What is wrong, Twilight. You never snap at me."

"Nothing's wrong!" Twilight stated quickly, looking away. "Just- I- It's..."

"What ever has gotten into you?" Rarity chuckled. "You're acting like Spike. Poor boy and his cru-sh..." Rarity laughed till it dawned on the mare. "Oh... my..."

"What?" Twilight asked as she began to shiver.

"Darling, um... I think I know what's wrong..." Rarity offered. "And it's okay. It wouldn't be the first time a friend has felt these feelings for me."

"What?" Twilight asked as Rarity saw right through her. "I- I don't..."

"You don't need to lie, darling." Rarity smiled. "It's alright, really. I'm flattered."

"I- I don't know what you're talking about."

"Twilight, you're not the first mare to have a crush on me, but you're the best by far. And I have to say, I'd do anything for you, darling. If you think it would be worth it try something out between us, who am I to say no?"

"What?" Twilight asked, her face turning bright red. "I- You- What?"

"It's alright, darling."

"But-"

"Here, I'll start. How about tomorrow afternoon then?" Rarity asked with a smile.

"Hey!" Twilight finally cried. "I don't know what you're talking about, assuming these things, but I am not falling for my friend!"

"Okay darling. If I'm wrong, just look me in the eye, and say 'Rarity, I have no romantic feelings for you'."

"Rarity." Twilight started, looking deep into the azure orbs the librarian never really noticed till right now actually... "I- I... I can't say it..."

"Just as I thought." Rarity smiled. "Trust me, it'll be fun darling. Now, stop being such a nervous filly and sit closer. I'm freezing here."

PreviousChapters Next