• Published 31st Oct 2013
  • 2,566 Views, 78 Comments

RariTwi Group Collab - Anonymule



!!!!!This collection is now dead, please see the Finer Things: The Rarilight Collab by Donraj for more RariTwi.!!! Prompt based short stories from the authors of the RariTwi group.

  • ...
12
 78
 2,566

PreviousChapters Next
You're Smothering Me, and I Love It by Sam Cole

You're Smothering Me, and I Love It

By: Sam Cole

~~~~~<>~~~~~

The warmth of the bed fading, the princess stumbled down the hall. She knew Rarity had been there when she had drifted off to sleep, but where was the mare now? After a cautious sniff, the question lay forgotten as Twilight smelled what was definitely hay bacon and coffee.

Her mouth salivating at the thought, the lavender pony trotted happily into the kitchen. But to her surprise, there was more than just the bacon and coffee. Plate upon plate, full of food. Omelets, hash browns, biscuits and gravy. It looked like enough to feed an army.

"Oh, Twilight!" Rarity gasped as she spied the mare entering her work space. "I wanted this to be a surprise! But I guess the smell kept floating down the hallway, no?"

"Mmm, it smells really good in here..." Twilight murmured half asleep. Rarity smiled brightly as she guided the lavender pony over to a chair and started to pour her juice.

"Darling, you look wonderful today. Did you sleep well? I think you did, but one can never be too careful. Where you too hot in my bed last night dear? I'll go out and buy some new satin sheets tonight. Those should be much more comfy for you dear."

"Mmkay." Twilight nodded sleepily. "Where's the coffee?"

"Oh! Here darling!" Rarity panicked, fetching the mug and pot with haste. "I didn't know what kind you would prefer, so I've been
brewing different types all morning."

"Huh?"

"I have cappuccino, espresso, canterlotian, fancy roast, black forest brew, and Irish coffee if you want to start with a drink. I won't judge."

"Wait, you made-"

"Oh you're right. You would never start off with alcohol so early. That was stupid of me!" Rarity anguished, setting the offending liquid down by the drain. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean too offend you, dearest."

"No no. No offence taken, but..." Twilight started, but soon found she didn't exactly know how to continue.

"I still haven't made the one you love?" Rarity anguished. "How could I have been so short sighted? Of course you would have more refined tastes than this meager selection! I'm sorry Twilight. I'll fix this right now! Just-"

"Rarity, stop!" Twilight pleaded, throwing her hooves out as she tried to stop the perturbed pony. "What has gotten into you? I've never seen you this- this scared before, Rares. Please?"

"I- I'm sorry, Twilight." Rarity muttered. "I was so scarred I would screw this up that I just started to panic, I guess..."

"Isn't that my thing?" Twilight scoffed playfully to a chuckle from Rarity. "Hey, I get you're scared. You just came out, decided to pursue a new relationship with a close friend, and just had your first marefriend ever sleep over. It's a lot to take in. But you're Rarity. You can handle all that. You don't need to smother me with attempts like this to keep me hun."

"I know..." Rarity sighed. "But this is still so frightening."

"You'll do fine Rares." Twilight smiled as she drew Rarity into a hug. "But... if you perhaps wanted to keep making me breakfast like this, I wouldn't be one to say no exactly..."

"Ah! You scoundrel!" Rarity teased. "You like being smothered in affection, don't you?"

"Just a little." Twilight laughed as she floated over the pot of coffee and her mug, all to happy to serve herself.

"You just took the Irish coffee, didn't you?" Rarity chuckled softly, knowing all to well that contented moan of her lovers that followed a hug and warm whiskey.

"Maybe..."

~~~~~<>~~~~~

PreviousChapters Next