• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 14,642 Views, 977 Comments

Summoned - BlackWing



Conjuration is a lost art in Equestria. Celestia is bored, and summons an otherworldy creature.

  • ...
62
 977
 14,642

Or Not (25)

Or Not

"Welp, this sucks."

"Yup." Spike agreed. We spent most of the afternoon out there, and nobody even gave us a second glance.

"I wonder why it didn't work?"

"Dunno. Guess nopony was in the mood for a hug." I pondered glumly.

"Well, it wasn't so bad. Just sitting outside all day in the sun, drinking lemonade and eating ice cream." Spike snickered while gobbling his scoop.

"May as well call it a day then." I sighed. "I think I'll go to Sugercube Corner, want anything?"

"Sure do, but, Twilight'll get mad if I eat too many sweets again, because she'll have to take care of my sore stomach, so, I better not."

"Suit yourself."





I entered the bakery, and the moment I did, I found myself face to upside down face with Pinkie. She was somehow standing on the door that I just opened. I don't get it.

"Hey Alex, you're looking kinda glum." Next thing, she was behind the counter, wiping the same spot over and over with a rag. "Wanna talk about it over a milkshake?"


"Bartender, listening to the woes of the weary traveler? Good one. Sure, gimme a vanilla please." She went to work getting my drink, while I hummed patiently, waiting for her to return. After taking a couple sips, I began.

"Well, this morning, We visited Rarity. Spike said we were going to go out gem hunting, because Rarity asked him to, but when we met Rarity, she said she said no such thing, and she wasn't available today anyways, because she has a very particular schedule. So, me and Spike got to thinking that maybe it was a changeling in disguise, so, we set about trying to catch it. Best way I figured was to give ponies hugs, and see if I felt cold, but nopony wanted one. I'm fun and huggable right? Aren't I? Now, I feel like I could use a hug."

"Aww, silly filly, that's what Pinkie's here for!" So she snuggled up and put her head under my hand, letting me pet and scratch her ear.


"Aww yeah. That's the spot." Hilariously, the pink pony started kicking her back leg like a dog.


"Alright, thanks. I think it's about time I got back to Canterlot."








"Busy day Princess?" I asked.

"You wouldn't know the half of it. I literally spent ALL day just putting my stamp on things. Normally the council comes up with ideas, they go through a dozen rounds of voting, making changes, before it finally gets sent to me, and I staple, stamp, and sort. I trust the council on decisions like this, so I start thinking I could just put my stamp on all of them and be done with it, but I have to read them so I know what new laws and such are being made. At least I only have to do it once a month, and I've gotten it out of the way." Celestia let out a deep breath. "And how was your day?"


"Could have been better. Talked to Rarity, found out she had apparently said a bunch of things she didn't, which just screams changeling, tried to find them by giving out free hugs, nopony wanted one. Kinda depressing, but I guess everypony was busy today. So, Pinkie helped cheer me up, aaand, I may have learnt something interesting."

"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow. I began scratching behind her ear. She closed her eyes and let out a soft moan of relaxation. "Oh, that is nice. It's one spot that, unless you can levitate objects, is pretty much impossible to get, even with help. Perhaps you should offer ear scratches next time?" She giggled.

"Hmm, yeah, maybe. Thanks. You always know just what to do. And I think I figured something else out as well. The reason I like you so much, I think it's more of a, motherly love. I mean, you're pretty much a parent to the entire nation, if you think about it.

"Hmm, yes, I suppose I am."

"Well, good night. See you in the morning."

"Good night Alex."








Motherly? Is that why I can't find anypony to call my own? They all think of me as a parent?

Comments ( 83 )

IT LIVES.IT LLIIIIVVVVEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally a new chapter i had forgotten about this.

everybody run! its the Zombie fanfic, its back from the dead and wants are warm innards

Motherzoned?

Poor Celestia.

Ouch right in the feels. I'll be your special somepony Celestia! :applecry:

OOOO so cute
:pinkiehappy::rainbowkiss::ajsmug::twilightblush:

2185019 So much worse than the friendzone. But alas that fair land is dominated by King Spike.

Also four months wait for less than 800 words. Dude, really?

It's good to see you back, my friend!

Where did this chapter come from? You starting a new story?

If Celestia is my mother, I guess that means I now have an Oedipus complex. :rainbowwild:

Well there is that, and the fact you are a nigh immortal demi-god Celly.

Wait a minute boss! If he's calling her a mother, then wouldn't that mean he had no romance for her way back in the beginning despite openly admitting to some growing romantic interests? or that he had feels for her because she tends to be kind and motherly to all her subjects?

Love cuz of stirring up some momma complex in him? Love cuz she's good at being a loving mother? Or just simply friend zoned with Mother title attached to it? Man, I don't know if my feels can take it if you went and side lined her in some new "Mother Zone" :fluttercry:

You updated this?


...

OMFG IT LIIIIIIVVVEESSSSS!!!! :yay:

2185152

Silence, fool! If he sees your comment, he'll put both of us death! :twilightoops: (and yes, I'm joking. If you took that seriously, I will have lost hope for the Internet)

Forget the friend zone. She just got parent trapped!

Y U SO SHORT????!!!!!????


I forgot this story even existed now.

2185664 *Executes Zervziel and KingOfTheMuffins, not for any reason, just because he felt like it*

As for the 'motherzone' it's just that he pointed out she's 'motherly' if that doesn't go, 'big sister-ish'. Basically, she tries taking care of everyone, and she's pretty good at it, so it's hard to NOT like her.

Also, psychologically speaking, people find parenthood extremely attractive. Part of our brains says 'if they're good at taking care of kids, they'll be good at taking care of mine'. It's true! there was a study that men and women who went out to restaurants with young children, if the children were well behaved, appeared incredibly attractive to the opposite gender. At the same time, while they wanted to, they all opted against asking them out, because if they had a child with them, they were most likely taken, which adds the forbidden fruit aspect of 'we want what we cannot have'.

Which means that Celestia, who has been taking care of a whole country for who knows how long, appears extremely attractive as a life partner candidate, but is also unapproachable.

The more you know!

BTW, I'm TOTALLY going to make that part of their interaction, though a lot less technical.

And the reason there's only 800 words after so long is I'm trying to ease back into it. It went that long without an update in the first place because the point I left it off at was hard to carry on from. Remember, this fic is one I write to relax, and do something fun, that doesn't necessarily have a point to it. It just happens. I don't NEED to write a friendship report Every. Single. Week! I go at my own pace.

You never no, it could be a fetish of his, to bed people who he sees as parental figures

2185152 Not like this is his only fic.

Holy crap, this hasn't updated in a long time. Nice chapter.

MOAR MOAR MOAR

Scream the disgruntled fans.

I am happy to see you at least updated. Makes me feel good to know you arent going to drop this. :twilightsmile:

:mbisonyes: It's updated! Hooray! :twilightsheepish: :pinkiehappy: :raritystarry:

It's been quite a while since I saw this updated. Good to know it didn't die.
Does this mean we will be getting some more updates soon?

It's alive!

So... Many... Commas...

HAHA! I AM SO HAPPY TO SEE AN UPDATE!!! :D

2187880 *cues dramatic thunder and lightning* WAH-HAHAHAHA :fic then flies off into the night on a cloud of mist, never to be seen by mortal eyes again.

2194011or so you THINK!!

2194268 It-It's right behind me isn't it?

2194358no actually I had it in my pocke-YES YOU DUMB BASTARD, RUN!

That was an interesting chapter. It was good to see that this updated, and I eagerly look forward to its next update.

UUUUUPPDAAAAATTTTEEEE >>>>>>:D
( too short to sate my hunger :c )

ding ding ding! that's correct celestia! everypony tell here what shes won!!!

:derpytongue2:I have to reread the last 5 chapters gah! oh are you going to update this anymore or not because i love this story:eeyup:

2399614 It would seem that the link to the pic i meant to post is broken...and to be honest I have no idea what it was originally :/

:facehoof:it needs updates IT NEEDS UPDATES!:twilightsmile:

I'm hoping this gets updated, I like the story a good bit and would like to see more.

Please? Please?

I hope this story's hiatus comes to an end in the not too distant future.

So, your taking a leaf out of the Wizards of the Coast's collective book? Not a bad idea. Not a bad idea.

"Hmm" *Sniffs the air* "I think this meal needs more... updates"

Login or register to comment