• Published 3rd Mar 2012
  • 14,628 Views, 977 Comments

Summoned - BlackWing



Conjuration is a lost art in Equestria. Celestia is bored, and summons an otherworldy creature.

  • ...
62
 977
 14,628

Meet The Parents (21)

Meet The Parents

"Ready to go Alex?" Serenity asked.

"Do you think the tie is too much? I want to make a good impression, but I don't want to come across as all 'formal', but on the other hand, I don't want to be seen as a slob and...." She put her hoof in my mouth.

"It's fine. Forget the tie. Remember, clothing at all is formal, seeing as how nopony wears them to begin with." She reassured me.

"Heh, right. Well, I guess I'm ready then. Shall we go?"

"Let's." With a smirk and a swish of her tail, we headed out of the castle, into Canterlot proper, me wearing black dress pants and a red pinstripe, long sleeve shirt with collar, and she in had her mane done up. I had told Celestia that I would be spending some time there, possibly overnight, but would still meet her for our Saturday counsel session.





As Serenity lead me through the town to where her parents had moved in to, I received many stares from the ponies we passed. They weren't glares of spite, anger, fear, or jealousy. Just curiosity. They wanted to know who and what I was. A couple whispers, and some snickers, the kind that says 'She's with him? Scandalous!' But not mean, more like...... kind of hard to explain since I'm not a girl, but you know the one. We just ignored them for the most part, other than running into a group of Serenity's friends on the way to her house.


"Ooh, who's the stud?" A slightly underweight unicorn mare asked.

"So tall. And such a snappy dresser. You sure know how to pick em." A definitely underweight earth pony asked. Are all Serenity's friends on crash diets or something?

"This is Alex, surely you've heard the rumors of the 'creature' at the castle? Well, this is him. And yes, I am pretty lucky. He knows how to treat a mare a lot better than most stallions do."

"Is that so?" The raised their eyebrows suggestively. Serenity face-hoofed.

"NOT like that. We've only been going out a couple months. I'm bringing him to meet my parents today."

"Oh, well, we better not keep you then. See you around."





"Alex, you're awfully quiet."

"Just butterflies in my stomach. Except I didn't eat any, so I have no idea how they got there." She giggled at my joke, and she showed me to the house. It was in a poorer section of the capital, so it was a wee bit run down, but still in good shape.

"Well, here we are. It was a bit short notice, so it was hard to find something good within our budget. I hope you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"Oh, just one more thing, my family is a little bit different, and might try scaring you. Don't mind it, they like to 'test' their guests. Don't let them get to you. Just keep an open mind." My marefriend explained.

"It's not a 'haunted' house is it? I'm fine with ghosts, although I'll be a little nervous if I'm meeting a vampire, err, vampony."

"Oh, nothing of the sort. They're master illusionists. They might make it look like that, but, just remember there's nothing to be afraid of and you'll be fine." She smiled as she unlocked the door. "Come on in."





As I entered the house, I felt an unnatural chill, as though something was very VERY wrong with the ground on which I tread. Though, she warned me this would happen, and so, I squashed the feeling in my gut and pressed on into her dark abode. I didn't complain about the lack of light, seeing as how she's a bat winged pegasus, I assumed that has something to do with it.

"Hello? Come out come out wherever you are......." I called into the house with a creepy tone. Two can play this 'fright' game. Serenity just snickered and gently pushed me further inside, before entering herself and closing the door behind us.



"Okay, mom, seriously. Cut him some slack will you?" My escort called into the dark of the home.



"Oh, you just had to go an ruin my fun. Oh well." Called a voice from the dark. Well, it was one voice, but it sounded like several. I watched as a black mare the size of Cadence walked out of the shadows of the house. She had a mane like seaweed, holes in her hooves, tattered insect wings, a crooked horn jutting out of her head, and fangs. But that's not what caught me. No. It was the piercing green eyes.

"Uh.... hi?" I said nervously as I swallowed hard.

"My my, She was right, you certainly are different. Anypony would have run screaming by now."

"Well, I can certainly admit you're different, but then again, so am I. Where I'm from, we're taught to be accepting of others, regardless of what they look like."

And such a wonderful place it must be. But, I believe introductions are in order.

"I'm Alex. Nice to meet you....."

"Queen Chrysalis."

"Queen? I wasn't aware that Equestria had a queen."

"It doesn't. At least..... not yet." She replied with spite. Then those piercing green eyes flared, almost looking to have a flame within them, and I blacked out.










"Good morning sleepy head." My eyes opened, and I looked around to see dozens of black, hole hoofed, bug winged, blue eyed ponies. I tried to move, but my arms, legs, and torso were bound by a thick, green, sticky goop that several of the bug ponies were expanding by vomiting a similar substance onto it. The slime almost seemed alive, because instead of staying where they put it, it began slithering up to the top, slowly covering me. Needless to say, but I'll say it anyway, I screamed.




I screamed for about five minutes straight till I was out of breath. Hyperventilating, I finally regained my senses.

"Alright, seriously. You've had your fun. Quit the illusion already. Yes, you've scared me, you win!"

"Silly Alex, this is real. Everything else is the illusion. I have to admit, I'm surprised you woke up this early. Usually, the sleep spell lasts a whole day, but you were only out of it for two hours." I heard my marefriend's voice call out.

"Serenity! Where are you? Get me out of here! Serenity.... I'm scared...." Then, I saw something horrifying. Serenity, the bat winged mare, walked in front of me, and with a flash of green fire swirling around her, she became like the rest of the hundred chittering bugs that swarmed around me. Not exactly though. Her hooves were sharp points, she had four wings, antennae, and a stinger. She also had a translucent green mid section which had a faint glow. Then, she spoke in the same, multi-tone voice as her 'mother'.

There's no reason to be afraid. I told you, there's no danger. You'll be fine.


"W-w-what is this? Where am I? What are you? Tell me what's going on!"

"This, is the beginning of a stasis pod. We're in the basement, and I, my sisters, and mother, the queen, are changelings. And what's about to happen, is we're going to take over Equestria, starting with Canterlot."


"But, why? And, take over Equestria? That crazy!"

"As for crazy, that doesn't matter. As for why, it's simple. Love."

"Love?"

"We changelings feed on love. It's our nourishment. Equestria is a land of love, truly a buffet. We disguise as a pony, replace them, and drink up the love those who care about them give off. Well, until now that is."

"Why?"

"You saw those two mares from before. Didn't you see how scrawny they were? We're starving. The only reason I'm alright is you've been feeding me."

"The chill?"

"You can sense that?" She seemed genuinely surprised. I take it not many can, else they'd found out pretty easily.

"Yeah."

"In this world, magic is synonymous with emotion. We feed on magic, and so, the most powerful of emotions, love, is nurturing to us. That 'chill' was me draining you of your magic. Feeding."

"So then.... this entire time.... I was nothing but... but a.... meal to you?"

"Afraid so."

"Then, all the fun we had together, eating dinner under the moon light, singing, dancing, it was all meaningless?"

"Of course not. You did each of those things with such care for me, I have been full for quite some time now, and have been giving the spare love you gave me to the hive." The bug Serenity explained.

"You know what I mean."

"No, I do not."

"I mean, DO YOU LOVE ME? Was it all just an act, was I just a meal to you, or do you ACTUALLY care about me?" She laughed. The one who I trusted, who I gave my heart to, laughed at me. Not with me, at me. It was enough to make me cry.

"Ha ha, no. Changelings can't love. I've been leading you on this entire time."

"Then, why now? Why are you doing this? Couldn't you have just kept feeding on me? Left me blissfully ignorant, and let me at least THINK you cared?"


"Because, soon, we won't need to hide anymore. We will take Canterlot, and the rest of Equestria will follow. We will feed to our heart's content. I no longer need a pitiful little creature like you. You actually believed I loved you, that a pony could ever love an animal like you?" I began crying my eyes out now. Why would she do this? It doesn't make any sense.


"Serenity I....."

"Fool, I am matron 47. Serenity was an identity I took fourteen years ago, a personality I made up in order to spy on the Equestrian royalty. You fell in love with an illusion!" She cackled. "All those times we played hide and seek in the castle, you never once found me, because I changed what I looked like! Oh, and your food, disgusting I can't believe you can eat that garbage."


"I....I....I...." I was blind from the tears coming from my eyes. I felt like my heart had been torn out and stomped on. I also felt the green slime working it's way up. It had covered my torso now, leaving the top of my chest, my neck, and my head, all that remained.

"Ha! This is precious! You know the truth, she never existed, and yet you still love her! You are wonderfully pathetic, loving somepony who isn't real. Which will make this so much sweeter." She approached, bearing her fangs.

"What are you..... going to do?"

"Feed. Once I'm done draining you of every last delicious drop of your love, you're going to be sealed in this stasis pod. It'll keep you alive so you can slowly have all your other emotions drained out. Once you're dry, you'll become one of us. A lowly drone, spending the rest of your worthless life gathering love from the newly enslaved ponies and feeding it to the hive." And then she jumped, dug into the slime around my trunk with her spiked hooves, and buried her fangs into my neck. I could see the clear section of her body slowly filling with a glowing blue fluid as she sealed her lips around the wound and drank it. I felt so cold. Never had I been in so much pain. Even when I realized I would never see my family again, that didn't compare to this. After about a minute, she pulled away, neon blue dripping from her lips. And she laughed.

"Well, it seems I'm full. Mother, would you like a taste? He's absolutely delicious." And then the queen bit me as well. Spots danced in my vision as the green goo finally closed over my head just as she pulled away, and I fell into sleep once again.









The next thing I knew, I was laying on the floor of my summoning room, Celestia looking at me with intense worry. I still had some of the goo on me.

"Alex? Gods, ALEX! What happened to you?!" She rushed to my side. Mustering what little strength I had, I passed her my communication stone, and with as much of a voice as I could bring forth, which amounted to a whisper, I spoke.

"Serenity, spy. Canterlot, danger. So cold........." And I slept once more.