• Published 9th Oct 2013
  • 1,785 Views, 109 Comments

Emmy - Selbi



Emerald Sky is a young, homeless filly living in a shabby alleyway in Manehatten, her home being made of nothing but cardboard. Her life came to this after a number of tragic events. And yet she keeps smiling even through tough times.

  • ...
13
 109
 1,785

Terrible Ending [Non-Canon]

Just as I see Midnight Gem walking away, finding her position in the line for the singing contest, a giant meteor crashes into the building. A great deal of the ponies are dying instantly, fire is everywhere, and screams of agony can be heard in a cacophony of noises.

I stand there, letting the knowledge of my immediate death embrace me like the warmth of the blanket of my old orphanage. “I am coming to you, mommy.”

And thus ends the tale of my life, the life of Emerald Sky. A weak orphan living in an alleyway, never doing anything wrong in her life apart from stealing so she could survive.

Then a giant, burning wooden beam hits me and I fall asleep forever.

Author's Note:

What I just did here, doing something incredibly random to kill everyone and find a poor excuse to finish a story, probably has a Trope name. Someone comment if you know what it is.

Anyway, after months upon months of this story taunting me with its incompleteness I've decided to end it all in the cheapest, laziest, and most effort-less way possible. Of course this end here isn't canon, it's just a cheap excuse to finally move on. However, that also means I will not ever continue this story for real. You can stick to whatever your headcanon is and what happens after the singing contest. Heck, you can even write a sequel if you want to. Anything goes.

Sorry to everyone who had some sorts of hopes for this story, but I know I would never actually continue it.

This was written on a phone at 3 AM.

EDIT: This single "chapter" increased the dislike count from 2 to 12 within a week.

Comments ( 26 )

you JERK


:fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad::fluttershbad:

I truly cared about her you are a heartless monster

Oh my.

Well, thank you for letting us know. :twilightsmile:

What... The... BUCK! Seriously!? You end it this way because you're too lazy to make a real ending!? What is wrong with you!? I'm lazy but I won't crap out and make a stupid ending like this! I DEMAND YOU TO MAKE A BETTER ENDING THAN THIS YOU SORRY SACK OF SHIT!

what you do when you can't be bothered to continue with such a great story, is you do that... THING of a last chapter, then put it "on Hiatus" not, end it in a bull crap way.

That was honestly the best way you could have ended that. :rainbowlaugh: I literally laughed my butt off, I mean I'm trying to catch it while typing this... as well as stymie the gushing blood coming from my rear.
The main reason I liked this ending was not becouse you brutally killed her off, but how she reacted. She wasn't scared hearing screams of agony coming from her fellow patrons, just excepting her fate. That line

“I am coming to you, mommy.”

screams of acceptance, and it adds something you lacked from the other chapters (Don't kill me if I get this wrong, I haven't read it in over a month and i'm a college student) Character depth.
Before this, the story was a predictable orphan story designed to pull at the heartstrings of the lesser person. It cloying and I couldn't stand it. This action, while it comes too late, shows that Emmy wanted to die, wanted to rejoin her mother in the heavens above, but I do wish you would have given her some agony of her own. A little personal gripe, nothing more.
And for future reference, don't write on your phone. Get a laptop.
Thank you

Oh, and the trope name is dues ex machina, or gods intervening.

I like this story not the ending.:ajbemused:
my reaction to the end.
media3.giphy.com/media/zPyAAJKoD3YE8/200_s.gif

I know you can do better. That's not an insult, that's just belief.

Please, Take as long as you have to, put please, you're popular enough to get into the popular stories box, that says to me that a lot of people care about and like your story, anyone would consider it an honor and a privilege. I'm asking for everyone, don't just throw it away, take a break if you must, wait if you must, ask for help if you must, but don't stop. Please.

Uh........ Okay then. I won't comment on what you did here, but you could have just cancelled it or something. :rainbowhuh:

3888152
Hence why it isn't canon. If it were canon I would've given her a much more... respectaboe death (if I had let her die at all, that is).

3888168
Booyaka!

3888193
At least one person who understood the sole purpose of this terrible chapter. :V

3888272
I know you're upset, but calling me a "sorry sack of shit" while "demanding" a real ending kinda makes me tend to do the opposite.

3888273
3888804
I was thinking about that, but I decided after I don't even know how many months of dead silence I at least had to do SOMETHING instead of cancelling it without a word. It was a thorn in my eyes as it was anyway, so I chose the easiest way out to mark it as complete.

3888281
Fine indeed.

3888433
Oh wow, I definitely didn't expect anyone to actually like what I pulled off here. Thanks, man! Also thanks for the trope name. :pinkiehappy:

But there was no hidden meaning, like her "wanting to die to rejoin with her mom". I just wrote down everything that came to my mind on a whim.

And I normally don't type on my phone, don't worry. In fact, this was the first (and hopefully last) time I ever dis this. It was 3 AM, I couldn't sleep, and kept on giggling for this stupid idea.

3888435
Uhu.

3888682
You have right in the world not to like this ending. That was kinda the point.

3888711
Okay. Your place or mine?

3888730
The thing is, I tried the "take a break and hope for motivation to return" approach, for many months in fact, but as you could see that has never happened. I'm sorry you feel sad, but even though I have some influence to the popular stories box doesn't make me change my opinion.

3888272
>call person sack of shit, get upvotes

I guess I'm doing it wrong. :pinkiecrazy:

I think the trope is called "dropped a bridge on him". Though in this case the bridge came from the outer space...

3889874
It's called "people venting out their justified frustration over a lazy author". :V

3890023
I didn't think a 124-word joke would require serious editing. :trollestia:

There's another thing I've actually written yesterday. I actually wanted to release it without any real editing, but since you asked so nicely I'll PM you.

3889853

Then at least, would you consider "putting it up" as it were, so that if someone else wants to continue it they can? All you'd need to do is put in the notes (or preferably a new chapter), and then let someone else use it. I can't though, I'm doing that for someone else that lost motivation already.

3890466
In the author's note I said anyone can continue this story, should they want to.

Come on!

I honestly wanted to see a new chapter do this. It was one of the first stories I ever read on this site, and you just blew it away.

But I guess it makes sense if you didn't want to continue it. But at least don't give such a good story such a bland and dull ending, even if it's non-canon.

Well I can't say I'm not disappointed, but it was pretty funny.

YOU BASTARD!!! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO A NICE, HAPPY, COMPLETE STORY, AND INSTEAD YOU GIVE ME THIS?!?!?!

Well, I guess I understand. I just wish you would have not marked it as "complete"...

Hell no! Make a good ending as well.

I laughed. :pinkiecrazy: Genius.

OK. That is as cheap as shit. This story does not deserve this kind of ending. This kind of ending is a fucking lazy person's way to finish a story. I may not be that good at creative writing, but even I wouldn't do this! It's just bad writing, NOTHING ELSE. :flutterrage:

4936705
Okay mate.

The problem is not in the end, he just stating a fact. :trixieshiftright:

Login or register to comment