• Published 15th Oct 2013
  • 7,771 Views, 527 Comments

Mistress Do Well: Fractured Elements - milesprower06



Alternate ending to "Mistress Do Well." Her dream crushed and spirit broken, Rainbow Dash disappears from Ponyville without a trace, leaving Twilight and the others behind with the unspeakable atrocities they put her through.

Comments ( 64 )

To the kindest, sweetest, and most gentle pony I have ever known.
Love,
Your Secret Admirer

.......fuuuuuuuuuck

please tell me that there is a new secuel

4056625 Not right away. Soon(TM)

...

Well that was definitely an ending I didn't see coming, not so much the whole story, but the last few lines. Is this a hint of a sequel to the alternate ending to an alternate episode deviation?

When will this madness end? ( I kid, this story was extremely interesting and have been impressed by your writing for awhile now.)
I want to say keep up the great work and will continue to follow your writing when they come out.

That complete tag... Either the bane of the readers existence, or a gateway to another story.

Thanks for the story and may you have fun and make many more.

I do not see a derpy pony.
I see Derpy, a pony.
One day I will figure out how to get a sig on Fimfiction.

“What is she doing there?” Cadance asked.

“Living with Twilight in the library, and having daily interaction with her and the other three.”

Though her daily interaction with Twilight is closer than with the other three :scootangel:

To the kindest, sweetest, and most gentle pony I have ever known.

Love,

Your Secret Admirer

Either Rarity decided to dig herself out of the grave (additional difficulty: she was cremated), or there's someone new here...

4056630 YES YESYES EYS!!!!

Okay who is Fluttershy's secret admirer?

Oh Goddamit Miles.

Wait, so is Rarity still alive and she just faked her death? I'm thinking that's what happened.

Oh. My. God. That ending though. You have left me wondering if Ratity somehow lived, or you have a new ship in store for us. I do have to say this: Bravo Miles. Bravo. This was a damn good FiMFiction. I also can't wait for the sequel.

To the kindest, sweetest, and most gentle pony I have ever known.

Love,

Your Secret Admirer

That was cruel and you know it. Still, it hints there's gonna be a sequel. Which I already knew because you told me in an earlier comment.

Great series. You took a well written story and made a sequel that was truly amazing. It captured the emotional trauma and the troubles that affected the mane 6 (now 5).

Thank you for writing this.

4056981
That Premise would make for a very interesting zombie movie/game/story

Rarity lives and has been fighting crime in Manehattan in secret.

Rainbow and Luna actually killed another random coma patient. Oops.

"Yes you will. One, because she's your little sister, and deep down you love her, and two, you couldn't tell the difference between a changeling and your wife. Now sit down."

I'm sorry, but that was not only a low blow, but completely different situation from what happened with Dash.

There's no way it's Rarity. It must be somepony else. Big Mac? No too obvious. Applejack? Pinkie Pie? Dam it there are too many variables!

Twilight Sparkle, and Rainbow Dash

I do not think that comma is necessary.

4056981 Aw, I wanted to make that joke.

4058891 Yeah, I am sure Shining Armor was a willing mind slave when he was under Chrysalis' control.

A satisfactory end and a hint of a sequel, I must admit I am intrigued.:twilightsmile:

Hot damn, this was a fun ride. Even knowing who the secret admirer is, I'm definitely still lookin' forward to the sequel. :pinkiehappy:

I am so looking forward to the sequel. Although I have to ask this.

What happened to Scootaloo?

In the original Sweetie Belle did to Scootaloo what Rarity did to Fluttershy. And noone knew what happened to Scootaloo. In this fic, Dashie's biggest fan, and the one [or one of the one] pony who'd be the most estatic of seeing her. Never showed up [or was such a small mention that it was over shadowed by the rest of the chapter it showed up in]. With that little "love letter" I'm actually scared for my favorite filly, and I wonder why Dashie never asked about her.

4061767 I just never figured out what to do with her. I had plans to have Dash give her flying lessons, but then Flight To The Finish happened during writing the second half, and it just never happened after that.

4061874

This is a divergent timeline to that though. And yeah Dash really did just avoid and ignore Scootaloo instead of being the big sister she promised [to not even knowing a thing about Scoots]. But I admit that some ScootaDash time would've been great [especially since she put off, and was disloyal to the pony she promised to be a sister to pre-torture. Then get's back and makes time for her tormentors, but the pony she promised to be a big sister too she treated like a non-entity].

Even if a little, I'm sorry for ignoring you / avoiding you like the plague before I left, and when I got back. But now I'm going to help you, or something like that. I mean Dash in Flight to the Finish was an JerkAss. "Hey, I know how much you want to fly, and how much I've been avoiding you. But you know what? I doesn't matter if you never accomplish your dreams. Now cheer up." :rainbowlaugh:

It'd be actually kinda cool [and sad] if Scootaloo was in trouble in the sequel. I mean she's an orphan who noone really pays attention to outside of her Crusading / the CMC [and with the whole Mistress Do Well thing I can see the CMC splitting up] so noone gives her a thought / time of day. So it'd make a good plot device, or at least McGuffin to show that at least Dash remembers her little sister. And Scoots gets a family [now that Dash and Twi are together], after her rescue.

That letter to the princess... I'm quoting that on facebook.

4056981 4059477 4057707
Here's a quote from chapter 13 that has been on the back of my mind for a while now, which has potential to explain a return of Rarity, if she is indeed the 'secret admirer'. (during RD and Celestia's discussion about Luna's actions)

...I know I can heal our wounds. I can eventually forgive them. I can forgive Twilight. But I can't give her a future. I can't give her back everything she worked towards...I can't give her her life back." ...

... "Only you can do that."

Dash could've been referring to returning Twilight's previous life status and academic pursuits to their former, but what if she was referring to somepony else here?
It is a mystery.:derpyderp1:

4089048
Then it's all according to the plan... :pinkiegasp:

I'm pretty sure it used to be morning when I starting reading this, you stole my whole day.
I will give you another one willingly if there is another sequel.

4092264 There will be, soon. Things are still in the rough draft stage, and I have to finish up another story.

4092416
Fantastic, I have no doubt it will be worth the wait. :yay:

You sure know how to write some of the best stories out there.

4142413 Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy the rest.

4142516 The Cupcake Chronicles is by far one of the best stories I ever read aswell as Mistress Do Well: Fractured Elements , your work seem to capture all the elements that I look for in a story.
So i'm really looking forward to reading the rest of your work and stories yet to come, thou I seem to need sometime to ponder and recuperate after each story xD

Welp.
I read Kaidans story as... I don't even know why, for "fun"? To see how twisted it could be? And darn it hurt to read at parts.

And then, this.
That hurt I mentioned? This is another thing. The depth you added, how you managed to explain everything... How it targeted Rarity, and how Rainbow still, after all of that, really just wanted her friends back... As they all really wanted.

After reading how you fixed the characters, at the levels of how you did it, and the... I don't know, hope? shown here, I've got to get around to actually read Cupcakes, so I can read your sequel there as well.

Thanks for putting this up. It was another experience. Sure, it's dark, but also a hopeful experience alright.

Liked and faved!
:pinkiecrazy:

And, if Kaidan reads here as well, man, some of the stuff you write is twisted, and for that, I'm reading it. :rainbowwild:

4162144 Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy the sequel when I get to posting it.

I sure do know that you got that a lot.... but ....

Can't wait to read MOAR! :D :D

Whew and with that I've recorded the whole fic.

But that ending...

Could Rarity be alive?

Wonder who the secret admirer is.

4162454 Oh dear there is going to be more?
What have I gotten myself into by deciding to audiobook the whole thing.

Probably the best story on this site, best i've ever read for sure. Thank you for this wonderful piece of fanfiction. Hope you'll continue writing.

Ok, my thoughts on this story....
How the hell do you begin to describe just how incredibly well written this piece is?
I am at a loss for words. That is the power of this work of literary art, that it has left me in stunned awe.

This has earned a prime spot in my featured list.

4386657
So, this would be a case of it reminding her too much of her own faults? I guess I could understand that. It would still be hollow if it was only about the moon banishing thing, seeing as how Luna did exactly the same thing she was banished for after her original banishment had ended.

4386707 then again demonic possession was involved with luna.

4439068 There is no evidence of that other than a few hints by someone at Hasbro that something helped turn her into what she was. It was apparently all her in control.

Unless you're talking about the comics, those aren't canon in any way that would affect the main show.

Firstly:
and two, you couldn't tell the difference between a changeling and your wife
THE BURNS ARE REAL

Secondly:
I AM SO FRIKIN HAPPY THAT YOU ENDED IT THIS WAY

Who is it?!


There is really too much to say about this one for the limited amount of time i have. I just want to at least note that i'm glad i pushed through the original story in order to read this. It sucks rarity died instead of being figured out, there is really too much going on there. I guess i'll blame discord.

This shows many aspects to the different virtues, especially loyalty. She didn't want to, but felt compelled to return for the sake of her, and her friends.

I'm glad i read this.

5113380 Way more to it. Three sequels.

5113470 i figured there was more, and i'll be reading them.

5179013 Usually in alternate endings, I alter a portion of the original ending.

I don't blame you for not being able to stomach MDW, I barely could, which served as a lot of the motivation for this story, and the three that followed this.

5179013 As for what BDSM means, what do I look like, Google?

5179845 Nevermind... I forgot I had it copied and accidently pasted that into the Google bar. I can't tell if I should be disturbed or completely indifferent.

6045849 Thanks! I'm glad this is still getting some attention.

that was a very hot dank, good read

Login or register to comment