• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,918 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,918

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 57

It seems I was wrong when I said that Celestia’s celebrations were dull. I daresay I will not forget this one in all of my days. To a casual observer it would appear as if nothing happened, but as is with most events of note one must see through the veils ponies place over themselves. Defiance is oft hidden behind a cordial bow or a polite smile. One must learn to see the hardness behind a smiling gaze and the strain in a bow. The body does not take kindly to bending one’s pride.

The celebration proceeded much as I suspected it might. Many ponies, myself included, stiffly honored the Captain for his years of service. The herald walked to the center of the room and announced the arrival of Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. The surprise in sister’s eyes was genuine but the smile that followed was not. As her mouth bent to warmly greet the new arrival her eyes asked why she had been disobeyed.

“Greetings Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, I am surprised you made it all the way from Las Pegasus,” Celestia called out to the late arrival.

‘Why did you not stay where I sent you? Why have you disobeyed me?’ her gaze asked.
I expect Cadenza to offer apology at the veiled reprimand but when she answers there is a hardness in her gaze.
“Captain Sunshine guarded me as a foal; I would not miss his retirement party for the world,” her mouth said.

‘You do not own me,’ her eyes said.

Rather than match stares with Celestia she introduces herself to me and finds a seat. She is yet another member of this extended family Celestia keeps. It seems there may yet be room in my heart for some affection towards them.
-L

Author's Note:

school starts for me this week so i think i will switch updates to a Monday and Friday schedule for the time being. enjoy.

PreviousChapters Next