• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 85

Should we I put my diary on public display so that all of Equestria may view it? Perhaps Twilight will keep it in her library for all to see. Even with Pinkie Pie’s “Pinkie Promise” that she did not read a word(even the ones she wrote)we I am still frustrated with how often our my diary finds itself in another’s hoofs. It does not help that they see fit to add their own thoughts and this is compounded by the permanence spell Discord has placed over it. Nothing that is written may be erased and to destroy the book would cause untold collateral damage.

We I am not sure that we may BAH! Perhaps if a certain sister of mine or a castle full of servants, guards, and staff had informed me that Discord’s work had reverted my linguistic habits so that they were as old as Canterlot itself(The old unicorn capitol, mind you, I am several times older than the current capitol.) I may have been able to remedy the situation long before I made a foal of myself in front of my subjects.

Even now in all my frustration the presence of these ponies soothes us me. It is a balm that seems to cure every wound. It was these ponies who freed me. They are but children still, yet it was these who took up The Elements. They freed me from our my madness where Sister could only imprison me.

Pinkie Pie offers her friendship without reserve, in her own way she was the first to offer it to me. Is such constant exuberance truly in her nature or is it merely a façade hiding a much darker truth? I do not know which truth I fear more.
The darkness such a mask would hide would destroy this mare in the end, but for to truly be so full of life and innocence… I fear for her, for all of them. I have seen so much evil; I have been the cause of most of it.

Ironic that I should want to protect the fillies that defeated me so easily. They defeated two of the greatest evils Equestria has ever known; their friendship has cleansed me of a madness that brought Equestria to the brink of self-destruction. Yet I cannot help but fear what a dark turn of events may do to them.

Celestia will be happy to know that Twilight remained loyal to her despite my best offer, it is a shame that such a prodigy will be wasted on a teacher who only sees fit to give lessons by proxy.
-L

Author's Note:

whew... Sorry this chapter took so long Life is really catching up to me right now and school is not really helping me find more free time. I really don't know when I'll be able to write the next chapter. hopefully it will be worth the wait.

*Now with edit's thanks for the catches guys and sorry it took so long for me to get around to fixing them.

PreviousChapters Next