• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,914 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,914

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 74

Celestia did eventually learn the truth of my assault on the griffons. “We are not angry, merely disappointed,” she said. Hades take her disappointment; Tartarus has her enemies and my anger rests on the battlefield. She is too proud to admit that victory was won not with heroic charges against a superior force or by soldiers in that imbecilic golden armor, but by a princess who regarded the safety of her ponies above even her own morality.

When the battle was put to song, it was the shields of the day before the walls of a mighty fortress, not the fangs of the night in a griffon aerie. Celestia stood as the hero in the light while we were only the villain in her shadow.
-L

Author's Note:

if your not interested in overly analyzing the show and headcannons and such just skip this.

BronyCurious posted an analysis video defending the idea of ascended Celestia and Luna. while he does raise a few good points i disagree with most of them.

He states that Faust is no longer in control of what is and is not cannon.

I am in a D&D group that is based in the MLP world. It is a very customized version of the pathfinder rulebook that has admittedly led to some very overpowered characters. this group has changed DM's 3 times now but when questions of what is cannon come up the original DM gets final say. While the show has moved on from her original setting, or changed DM's, i still say that Faust still has a say in what is cannon for elements of the show that she created, such as Celestia and Luna.

The crux of his argument was that saying Celestia and Luna were born alicorns degraded Twilight's ascention to a point where receiving a medal or an award would accomplish the same thing. I would like to bring up the point that medals and awards do not physically change the person receiving them.

Quick question, what is the trait most often associated with leadership? Height. Twilight is now taller, her horn is longer and she is now something that Celestia and Luna could never be, an ascended alicorn. If they were too she would be a fool not to defer to their centuries of experience, she would still very much be Celestia's student and nothing would have changed.

But now that Twilight is something different from Celestia and Luna, Cadence alone(barring another surprise alicorn) is her superior in this. The relationship between Twilight and Cadence is already established as one of mutual respect and friendship, not as master and student. Though Twilight still has much to learn she is no longer only a student, she has literally grown into her role as a leader.

PreviousChapters Next