• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 119

A few defiant tufts of cloud are all that is left of the Night Ponies’ last winter storm. They shine palely against the last traces of sunlight in the west as stars make themselves known in my night sky.

The weather has begun to warm and the last vestiges of winter promise to be clear and dry. It is a perfect night for armies to march.
The long trail of my forces stretches out beneath my flight, marked by light spells the unicorns are using. Moonlight glints off of armor and blades while enchantments give their own light.

Unicorns and Earth Ponies start up a song as they march, some humorous ditty about ants marching. For a few verses some night ponies even join in before it fades into an uneasy silence.

I do not like the tactics I must employ. I wait, patrolling Equestria’s borders, for the enemy to act. I have ceded the initiative and that alone is enough to make me uneasy. I only know that eventually the enemy will find its way to Canterlot. I can only hope that they are foolish and show their hoof in enough time for me to act.
-L

PreviousChapters Next