• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,913 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,913

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 90

It is unnerving; last I recall working in my study I could not hear myself think for the guards arguing outside. Now it seems they have run out of insults to hurl at one another and the silence, as they say, is deafening.

I bid them to attend me and go to the gardens. We walk in the moonlight for a few minutes. They are a few paces behind me, closer together than two guards would normally walk yet still not close enough. When we come to a fountain I command them to stay until I retrieve them or until their watch comes to an end. I move out of sight then double back to watch what they do.

The night is elegant and beautiful, one of my best since my return. It is not the stars that fill his eyes. I am not jealous when he finds more beauty in the mare falling asleep on her hoofs than he does in my night sky. From the look of her it has been days since she last had a restful sleep.

“Are you alright?” he asks.

She shivers at the autumn chill as she answers, “Yeah I’m…I just haven’t been able to get to sleep lately.”

“That’s not like you, what’s wrong?”

She shivers as she blushes and looks down. “Please, can we not talk about it?”

He does not talk. He walks over to her and puts a hoof around her shoulder. After a few moments she leans back into his embrace. It takes only minutes for her to fall asleep and I know that nothing more will happen between them tonight.
I leave them there, with the dawn they will return to the barracks but I can only hope that something will be different between them.
-L

PreviousChapters Next