• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 17

I remember the first constellation I ever made. It was nothing but a foals hoof painting really. It was just a few stars in the rough shape of a unicorn. No galaxies, no nebulae, just stars. In the sky now it is nothing special but it will always hold a place of privilege in my heart. I still remember the night I put it in the sky.

“Daddy, daddy look,” I said holding out my star-chart.

“That’s nice, what is it?” he asked.

“It’s you silly, come see,” I say dragging him to a window by his hoof. He follows as every parent being dragged by an exuberant foal follows. “Look, look,” I say pointing into the empty night. Joining the moon on her lonely vigil are nine infant stars blinking into existence.

I looked at my father to see his smile. He was the first pony to ever smile at the night sky. No longer was the night a thing of fear; a necessary evil so that the world would not burn under the harsh sun. It could have life and light and beauty and I could give it.

An eternal destiny from one smile. After the first ever stargaze father saw that I had a cutie mark. Celestia was so jealous.
-L

PreviousChapters Next