• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 72

Discord: an all-powerful annoyance that brings about the means to his own demise even as he perpetuates his beloved chaos.
It is fitting then, that he should be the one that brings the purpose of this tome full circle.

We were born many centuries ago. Even with our renewed memory we still must admit with some embarrassment that we have lost count. We were born to the first unicorn king, Monoceros, by his second wife, a pegasus named Sky Dust.

We are not Celestia’s twin and neither are we fully her sister. She was born to father’s first wife, an earth pony named Morning Glory. Our wings and horn was attributed to our mixed lineage, but as time wore on that proved to be false. We cannot say with certainty why we were born alicorn, or why we are any different from alicorns like this Princess Cadenza. It has been said that our longevity is due to our connection with the heavenly bodies, but the reciprocal could also be true, that fate has given us a talent as eternal as we are.

Father was never ashamed of his ‘half-blood’ daughters. To him we were children of all three tribes, a symbol that would secure his lineage’s rule for all eternity. How right he was.
-L

Author's Note:

that wonderful moment when you find out an assignment is due a week later than you thought it was.

PreviousChapters Next