• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
The Unexpected Journey - Chapter 158

Big Mac

I ain’t entirely sure why I decided to tag along. I could’ve just let that dream be just a dream but the way she talked made me want something more. I used to think running the market stand was about as adventurous as I was likely to get. I suppose this one may even match AJ’s.

Applebloom’s getting older and bigger, AJ’s got her friends willing to help out, the farm don’t hardly need me at the moment. Soldiers and a princess don’t hardly need me tagging along either but I don’t much feel like sitting around the farm.

Granny’ll either not notice I was gone or spend the entire time worrying after me. Can’t say I know which is worse. She already had to bury a son. I’ll be damned if I make her bury a grandson.

Princess Luna says we’re going to get something from the dragon lands. Says she knows where it’s at. I can’t hardly tell why she invited all us Ponyville ponies along for the ride. Her and those guards would be in and out quicker and safer. Don’t get me wrong now, I want to go. I wanna feel dirt ‘neath my hooves that ain’t about to be turned by a plow. Want to remember how it was camping with pa when it was just me and him against the whole wild outdoors.

There’s a few more ponies than just me and pa but this particular neck of the outdoors has got a few more dragons so I figure it evens out.

Mac

Author's Note:

So hopefully the header helps clear up the who's point of view this chapter is from. This seemed to be the least intrusive way to do that and have it still be noticed. Sorry if the last few chapters have been confusing to anyone, after all the drama the end of War of Shadows stirred up this is the 'F it, their going on an adventure' portion of the show(not a great title so I went with the Hobbit reference). So sorry once again if anyone got lost along that transition.

PreviousChapters Next