• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,911 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,911

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 29

This ‘Prince’ Blueblood is an insufferable foal. Celestia has brought this idiot and everypony like him on herself. He serves no purpose to Equestria; I could have my new night guards find him and kill him and Equestria’s government would continue to prosper.

I told her we should have just destroyed Princess Platinum’s line when we took over but no, “We don’t need to establish dominance Luna,” “Their technically related to us Luna,” “Killing your subjects just because they annoy you is wrong Luna”. Who is she to say I cannot kill? I have been Equestria’s sword and shield since long before it was even a nation while she; well aside from sending me to the moon I do not recall her ever raising a hoof in battle.

I earned Equestria’s place in this world by my might in battle. I am the bloodied protector of this nation in a thousand battles! If Celestia wants to entertain a useless parasprite in her court that is her decision but she must learn not to object when he slights my honor and I respond by spilling his blood.

“His blood is our blood,” She claimed. He is technically related to me and Celestia; he is our first cousin countless times removed.

His ancestor, Princess Platinum, our first cousin countless-minus-forty-or-so times removed, had me and sister removed from the old royal line when she had us expelled from the unicorn kingdom. I hold him in no familial regard and if he ever offers me slight, intentional or no, again he will find himself begging Celestia to rescind her rules on killing.
-L

Author's Note:

I'm pretty sure i got the cousins removed thing right but i'll explain the family tree just in case: Celestia and Luna's father is Monoceros the first unicorn king. his brother took over after his death and unicorn royalty was descended from the brother's line to Princess Platinum. after Celestia and Luna took over equestria her line becomes "minor royalty" like prince Blueblood and the nobles.

now the cousins thing, the common ancestor between the sisters and the minor royalty is the sister's grandparents so they are first cousins(great-grandparents = 2nd cousins great-great-grandparents = 3rd...) but because they are are a younger generation they are removed(1st cousin three times removed would be your first cousin's great-great grandchild(that's how cousin's removed works I'm pretty sure...i think)). the sisters are called 'aunt' because it shows a greater deference due to age and is less of a mouthful than first-cousin-several-dozen-times-removed.

PreviousChapters Next