• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 78

There are laws at the foundation of everything. Every city, every nation has codes of conduct for how their citizens should behave. Carved into the very foundation stones of Equestria are the laws of our nation. Existence itself has laws that everything from the lowliest pebble to the highest of princesses must obey. They are always present and their authority cannot be negated. They define what is and is not possible for all, all except Discord.

Celestia was driven off and I laughed. We went to face Discord assured that I would prove myself her better in battle; assured that all would be driven before us. We struck again and again. Our lightning left a pool of glass where Discord stood. Yet even as he was struck down he whispered his offer of retreat in our ear.

We did not like it but we accepted. Much more than blind striking was needed to defeat an enemy who was not subject to the very laws of existence. We consulted the scholars and tacticians of Equestria; we found nothing but an old myth that could defeat Discord.

As his reign spread our research took on desperate haste but still only the myth of harmony bore any fruit. It seemed fanciful to think that the very foundation stones of existence would be present in some long forgotten cave. As Discord took our seats of power we had no other option.
-L

Author's Note:

I'm picturing Discord's Equestria like a surrealist painting or something like that. It leaves you a bit confused and a bit scared.

PreviousChapters Next