• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 79

As a joke Discord held elections. Celestia gave an impassioned plea but the army of ponies under Discord’s sway did not listen. “We like Discord,” They chanted after her every point. We had never seen sister speak so well or make such an impassioned plea yet still the mindless mass only responded with, “We like Discord.”

Where mighty armies had failed Discord took Equestria from us without a single act of violence. Were we to slaughter the army of our own subjects marched against us? Our strength at arms and Sister’s skill with speech were powerless against his guile.
We were given some time to gather belongings before our exile would take effect. As we gathered supplies for the journey Celestia sat in a stupor. In a week Discord took the nation we had spent centuries building. While we gathered weapons and armor to fend off wild beasts she struggled to gather her thoughts.

In our own way we were as lost as her. We shouted at armorers to attend us when we had just seen them in the crowd at Discord’s feet. We became lost in the castle we designed.

It was Discords doing. If he had not come and defeated us so easily we would never have stumbled on the tome, we would not have picked up the tome and it would have long since turned to dust on the shelf where it sat.

Celestia brokenly followed me out of the city and did not show any sign of hope until We showed her the title, The Elements of Harmony: A Reference Guide.
-L

Author's Note:

had that last chapter just sitting there since Wednesday. I totally forgot to publish it.

PreviousChapters Next