• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,917 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,917

PreviousChapters Next
War of Shadows - Chapter 122

They secret the creature to me in the dead of night. Nopony in Canterlot save my guard know of it. It is so heavily sedated that I think it dead at first. Unicorns watch over it at all times, spells to stun and kill at the ready. It is with a proud smile that I survey the prisoner before me. Gone is the near-pacifism of Celestia’s guard. They have truly become fangs of the night.

For the first time in a very long while I am glad of Celestia’s mercy. The castle dungeons are deserted and I will risk neither detection nor interruption. The dark spells that reach into another’s mind are subject to the strictest taboo. Failure may strip the very identity from the victim.

The creature’s mind is plain, disappointingly so. There are vague details about its scouting mission and two thoughts: feed, obey.
So it is to be a mindless hoard. I am disappointed that it does not possess more cunning, more pride. There is a satisfaction in seeing an enemy’s cunning turned against them and their pride broken. A mindless horde of insects will offer no such challenge.
-L

PreviousChapters Next