• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,911 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,911

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 83

Only you, Celestia, would believe invading our chambers, invading our privacy and writing in our diary would be akin to taking action.

You did fail and we were made to suffer for thy shortcomings. We will not dwell on such dark memories though. Instead of the night of our fall we shall remember the night of our redemption.

There stood thy student alone and afraid before us. The elements lay shattered at our hoofs and we stood where our throne had once been. We had won. We had given in to every dark desire a ‘good pony’ was taught to resist and to lock away in their heart and we stood validated in power.

For that brief moment our victory was complete. There was nothing thy apprentice or anypony could do to end the eternal night. The glory and bitterness of the moment was cut short by the other element bearers. One by one the elements were reclaimed.

Honesty to the orange earth mare, Applejack the farmer.

Kindness to the shy pegasus, Fluttershy who cares for animals.

Laughter to the pink mare, Pinkie Pie who went from weeping to throwing me a party in the blink of an eye. Ironic, that Discord in his revenge restored a memory I so regret losing.

Generosity to the beautiful unicorn, Rarity the seamstress.

Loyalty to the brazen pegasus. We had forgotten what it looked like. When it abandoned us more than a thousand years ago we ceased to concern ourself with the hypocrisy of Rainbow Dash’s new necklace.

And finally Twilight. What did you do to this filly sister? Often I must calm her troubled dreams as this same scene plays out in her mind. Only it is not us she sees on the dais. It is not our victorious sneer that plagues her night; no it is your disappointed frown.

What have you done to her that she fears disappointing you more than the very death of Equestria? Once I was jealous of her place at you hoofs now I cannot help but pity her.

We go. Not for ourself but for the mare who sees you in her nightmares.
-L

PreviousChapters Next