• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 6,916 Views, 808 Comments

Diary of the Night - CalebH



After Luna returns from imprisonment on the moon Celestia suggests keeping a diary might be therapeutic. What will the princess of the night see fit to write?

  • ...
27
 808
 6,916

PreviousChapters Next
Reunion - Chapter 27

It seems my foolish sister is only able to see reason after I have broken down the doors to her throne room and given testament to her foolishness. I am tempted to make the ritual part of my daily routine.

Her guards bristle and prepare what spells they know as I bring tidings of death and war but only stand slack-jawed as I place the blame on Celestia’s head.To her credit she did bear the embarrassment with some dignity and once she saw her error was quick to admit it. Was she really so foolish as to believe the night ponies would take her denial lightly?

On swift wings her guards fly out with letters bearing my seal. They are to the night ponies inviting a token force to be my personal guard in Canterlot. As dusk falls a guard returns with a dozen night ponies in dark armor. He approaches sister and whispers in her ear that they are merely the vanguard of the army he saw.

I order one of my new guard to deliver a message to the general of the army. It thanks him for his loyalty and eagerness in defending me but that the time of bloodshed between me and my sister is long since over. It urges him to return his army to its home and know that I am well guarded by the soldiers he has sent.

The guard, Night Shield, returns and announces that the army has turned back and is marching home. In secret he tells me that the night ponies are well trained and ready to take up arms should I need them to.
-L

PreviousChapters Next