• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters
Deleted Scenes


Chapter 66 - Testing The Ties


The dragon returned its gaze back to the stars. "I am Xelene, and from your words I could see that my cherished Fluttershy is at fault. You harmed her because you cared about this Spike, and not because you are with the unicorns that gave you such an order of doing so... You have told her that you are heading to my resting place, yet she did not stop you."

Gold Blitz actually sighed in relief that the dragon could actually see reason.

"...however," Xelene spoke, eyeing him, making Gold Blitz tense, "that does not excuse you of hurting her."

The earth pony gulped.

Suddenly, Xelene arched her whole body downward. With a mighty roar, she dove downward in terrifying speed. The ground was coming closer, but the earth pony didn't notice for he was clinging for his dear life.

As the ground became dangerously close, the dragon flapped her mighty wings hard, instantly jolting herself upward, and making the earth pony slip, the dragon's dangerous speed while its dive all went to the falling earth pony.

Gold Blitz screamed as the earth became closer and closer. But no matter how much he flailed his limbs and shout his lungs out, there was no way he'll survive this fall. Bracing himself, he held his two front hooves up, shielding his head. He closed his eyes tight and—


Chapter 74 - For Ponyville


A few of the ponies quickly helped Gold Blitz after Spike caught their attention. Gold Blitz coughed and wheezed. He sat down on the ground as he hastily began removing his hot armor. “Ugh,” he groaned after he removed his body armor, “these stupid things, all for Ponyville...” He chuckled weakly, and coughed. “Heh, I didn't do much, anyway...” He coughed again as a familiar blue bird landed on his head.

“Just stop talking and concentrate on breathing, will you?” Spike spoke with anger and worry as the earth pony went into a coughing fit.

---

Cloud Strike flew above the burning town, eyeing the pegasus army striking lightning bolts at the fleeing unicorns that were running towards the direction of Unicornia. It would seem as though the pegasi has recovered their spirits back in fighting, for they have managed to ward off the unicorn's attempt of taking over the land of Ponyville.

It would be something to smile about, unfortunately, the unicorns weren't running back to Unicornia. No, they were running towards metallic machines of sort that moves slow, yet it looked quite fierce, tough, and scary. As the unicorns and pegasi were close to the numbers of moving machines, the mechanical machines started firing beams of mana at the pegasus.

The pegasi dodged a few incoming attacks, and countered with their lightning rods, summoning lightning bolts at the machines. A perfect hit, and electricity danced around the metallic armor, however, it kept on moving forward towards Ponyville, and kept on firing mana beams at the pegasi ponies flying above.

He cursed under his breath, knowing that big trouble are coming their way. He stared off to the War Planes, and noticed that great number of those machines were on the War Planes as well, assisted by flying armored unicorns. The pegasi ponies in the said area had realized that they have no match against the steel behemoth, and started to pull back while trying to strike lightning bolts in an attempt to slow them down.


Chapter 78 - Bound


The purple unicorn groaned as she found herself lying on the floor. Her cheek was bleeding from the fierce force of Spike's lance. But just in case, I stood over her to pin her down. It felt...kinda awkward doing it, but...yeah whatever.

“Heh...” Twilight spoke, “so you're going to have fun with me before you finish me off?”

I growled. “Don't tempt me...” I whispered to myself as I eyed the baby dragon and—!!!

“Ha!” Twilight shouted, her horn glowing brightly as I was yanked off of her.

Before I could recover my footing, I suddenly felt the sudden rush of air from my back. Bef—

---

“Gah!”

“Gold!” Spike shouted as he flung his gaze back. He saw the earth pony's back was smashed to the wall of the room, and he collapsed to the floor, seemingly unconscious. Spike suddenly realized that he's open, so he quickly spat green fumes of fire to his cl— “Gah—!”

A fierce beam of mana struck the baby dragon from behind, and exploded, throwing him face-first to the wall and fell to the floor beside the earth pony, who hissed as his consciousness returned slightly.

“Tough luck, Gold Blitz,” Twilight laughed as the earth pony moved his head forward, his hazy gaze staring at the purple unicorn a few meters from him. “You had your chance, and you blew it! Tsk, tsk.”

Her horn glowed fiercely, smiling evilly at the two weakened figures in front of her.

His vision became a blurry yellow and red, but he weakly shook his head, and opening them once again, his vision became normal again.

Twilight laughed. “I see someone's trying to save you. Or...is it something?” she grinned as she stepped closer to the two.

Gold Blitz cringed. He has no idea what she was talking about, but he has no time to worry of such things. He needed to think of a way to save himself, and he needed to think of one quickly. Looking around in desperation, he sear—

A set of purple feet stepped in front of his gaze. Gasping, he looked up and saw Spike, breathing heavily while barely managing to stay on his feet.

“I won't...let you...” Spike hissed, glaring weakly at the unicorn, who arched an eyebrow.

“You're seriously going to sacrifice yourself for this earth pony?” Twilight asked, confused. She studied the baby dragon's determined look, and she grunted. “Fine, so be it then!” Her horn flared brightly.

“Spike—!” Gold Blitz shouted, desperately trying to shove the dragon away, but his limbs weren't cooperating. “Get away! Don't do this—!”

Spike yelped as his feet left the ground. As quickly as he was hoisted up, he was flung towards the window in murderous speed. Screaming, he crashed through the window, where his voice became distant.

“Now that that's out of the way,” Twilight wiped her forehead as she eyed the shocked expression of the earth pony lying on the floor in front of her. She levitated him, eyeing him seductively. “You killed the stallion who was giving me a wonderful time, Gold Blitz,” she spoke, staring at the stallion, who's head hung low. “And you're going to be his replacement.”

---

Spike...


Chapter 97 - Burned Past


“Master the fire!” shouted Starfall. “Control it if you want to save yourselves!”

A few ponies, out of fear, flared their horns, trying to control the approaching fire, but none of them achieved such goal. Not even Sweetie Belle, who already had her tears rolling down from her closed eyes.

Suddenly, the burning sparks of flames became a sizzling noise. Sweetie opened an eye, and immediately noticed the black patches of burned grass on the ground. Thin gray smoke flew up from the drenched ground. Looking ahead, she saw the shocked expression of the dark-blue unicorn stallion.

“That is enough!” spoke a familiar voice. She didn't need to turn where it came from however, as a white unicorn mare trotted towards the fuming unicorn stallion. “I refuse to stand by and stare at how you torment these young ponies a—AH!”

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle exclaimed as she leaped towards her sister, who was telekinetically lifted and smashed back to the ground on her side. She stopped by her side, nuzzling her neck as her older sister groaned from the pain.

“How dare you interrupt my lectures, you filth!” Starfall shouted angrily, somehow managing to summon fire in his angry eyes as he lifted the white unicorn mare once more.

“Don't hurt my sister!” Sweetie Belle pleaded, reaching only deaf's ears.

“Sweetie Belle—!” Rarity caught her teary-eyed sister's attention, “don't worry about me, y—”

Her words died in her painful screams as she was suddenly burning in flames. Sweetie Belle watched—stunned—at what was happening right in front of her eyes. The earth a few inches in front of the young filly was bulging quietly, and soon, a sharp gem erupted from the earth, striking the dark-blue unicorn stallion directly on his face.

“Gah—!” Starfall yelped as he brought his two front hooves to his face.

Rarity fell on the ground as the flames that enveloped her vanished. Hissing through gritted teeth, she stood as quickly as she could. “B-Belle...” she hissed, snapping her sister's attention back to reality.


Chapter 109 - Answers


“Like I said, I'm on a tight schedule, and I'm getting bored and tired. So make it quick or say your goodbye.” He shrugged. “Your choice.”

Rainbow Dash shivered as she panted slowly and quietly. No one seemed to take notice of her current condition.

“I...We...we're ordered by the...government...to conduct an experiment on the island and...to see if we can control those monsters...” he trailed off as he took a breath. “And...our world is dying...so we're also trying to see if we can safely open the portal without any side-effects before we can go through and get their resources...”

Xilfer frowned. “You conducted those experiments while knowing the dangers it may bring to the island. Is that what you're saying?” He received a slow nod from the man. “I can't hear you.”

“Yes...” he then glared at the hostage-taker. “But I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to. If I did, they'll tear my whole life apart! OUR whole lives apart!”

“Does the queen knows this?” Xilfer asked, his tone venomous and his face serious.

The man sighed and nodded. “Y-yes. I was there when she signed it. You must know about the region of Bosaris threatening to wage war against us.”


Chapter 111 - Sensation


While they continued their climb, Cadence, who was leading the party, will occasionally glance back, and often times stay standing still for them to catch up. Aside from a few words of encouragement, she said nothing else. She was busy in her mind, thinking of that painful day when her beloved husband became obsessed with gathering more power. She had tried to reason with him, but he wouldn't listen.

When the two of them have heard of Nightmare Moon's return, Cadence's husband wanted to acquire the Nightmare's power to strengthen his own. He achieved such feat, surprising Cadence, for she didn't know it was possible, and didn't know of how he did it. But he did, and what was worse, he wanted more.

As she stared down from her balcony that day, she realized that her people would suffer greatly if he keeps going. She was starting to doubt that the Crystal Heart would be enough to at least ease their pain and suffering from her...king...


Chapter 111 - Sensation


Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy were busy chatting with a few ponies inside the old castle in the Everfree Forest when they suddenly collapsed to the old castle floor. Nearby ponies rushed, concerned, to see if they're okay. They did manage to get back on their hooves, however, as the two of them found each other's eyes, they knew that they felt the same strange sensation.


Chapter 113 - Unconscious


Gasping, Cadence quickly spun to flee, however, a sharp black crystal grew under her hoof, sending jolts of pain to her brain. She yelped and lost her magical grip on the heart, that managed to roll away from her and managed to roll in between large black crystals.

As the tremors stopped, something poked Spike's tail, and then that certain something lied flat on his tail. Groaning, Spike finally recovered his consciousness. He coughed and wheezed for a few seconds before lifting a claw to rub his aching head.

He pulled himself into a sitting position, and his gaze fell on the glowing crystal heart on his tail.


Chapter 118 - Recollection


You could say that we were rich. I guess, since we live inside a huge mansion. Although dad didn't gave us any attention back then, he always remembered to put money in my credit card. After I found a nice apartment, I went to the mall to buy myself some clothes and other stuff that I could use, since I'll be living alone.

After my little shopping, I went to the nearest phone booth, and called my dad. A maid picked up the phone, and it took a long time for my dad to pick it up. Hastily, I told him that I left, I won't be going back home, and told him not to send me cash and not bother looking for me. Before he could reply, I hung the phone.

After that, I settled down inside my apartment. I still remember that I was lucky that I have bought that microwave for a cheap price. While I was waiting for the oven to finish cooking my dinner, I lied down on the sofa, aimlessly changing the channels on the television. After minutes of aimless switching, a thought hit me: I needed a job.


Chapter 120 - (Bridge)


“Yo!” Blade took a seat. “We havin' a meetin' or somethin'?”

“Something like that,” I nodded with a serious smile as I felt my phone vibrating again. I pulled it out and opened Kronz's message. “Next phase...” I said after I read the message.

After I put my phone down on the table, I eyed my crew, noting their serious expressions...minus Seth...

“And...that would be...?” Seth asked impatiently.

I faced Bug with a grin. “Ready the explosives.”

Bug grinned widely, while Seth shook excitedly.

“So where's the party?” Seth asked as Bug stood up and walked towards the few boxes, probably to prepare the tools.

“We're gonna play that little nursery rhyme song...” I replied as I stood up. I turned towards the door as I ignored Blade's and Seth's confused faces.


Chapter 137 - Cruise


“Well,” Bug spoke, without even glancing up at Xilfer as he held a gun, “five guns and some magazines. A few grenades, and some other nifty stuff.” He grinned wide as he finally glanced at Xilfer as he waved a transparent plastic bag that contained small amounts of white salt-like substance.

Jay tilted his head to the side as Xilfer sighed.

“What is that?” Jay asked, completely lost.

“Is...is that what I think it is?” Rainbow Dash asked as she was about to poke the plastic with a hoof, but Bug pulled it away from her reach.

Xilfer rubbed his forehead. “I'm serious here, Bug,” he glared at him.

Bug sighed with a smile as he returned what he carried inside the small backpack. “I was just teasing. No need to be serious all the time, Xilf...”

“Seriously, what was that?” Jay insisted.

Xilfer sighed. “You don't need to know.” He then stared at him sternly. “Trust me.”

Jay rolled his eyes. “Fine... Whatever.” He shook his head. “But, just where do you guys get all of those weapons? It looks like you are some sort of terrorists of something...”


Chapter 140 - Fang


The sandy ground shook violently, causing the four to stop and stumble. The massive crystal wolf pushed it's body towards the four and let out a boom of a roar.

“Move!” Xilfer shouted loudly, “move move move!” He pulled Bug and Jay back in an instant with both hands and pulled them as he ran towards the trees, Rainbow Dash following close behind.

The giant crystal wolf turned its head and hissed, it's yellow-glowing eyes followed the four smaller creatures. It quickly pulled itself down, preparing to leap after them, when it's crystal ears tilted to the side when a burning-like noise was getting louder.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 4 )

Several scares and close calls almost made me hate this... but the happy ending, badassery, and pure epic action, redeemed it to where that kind of thing doesn't matter. I finished this in 3 days, and inhaled it. This was so worth the roller coaster emotional ride.... I was slightly annoyed that Rarity just seemed to vanish after everything worked out, and had small appearances and cameos. I may not like Rarity as much, but she just seemed to vanish after awhile... good job and all that boring stuff :pinkiehappy:

Season three, he said, and it's my favorite number

do you play valve games?

6960798 There's no sequel to this fic of mine. :/

6960809 Maybe somepony else got your permission to do one? Anyway sorry for bothering you like this. I might be mistaken.

Login or register to comment