• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,669 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,669

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 78 - Bound

—beam of green mana that was heading towards me. I gasped as a start and took an awkward step to the side on reflex to dodge it, which I barely did but I bumped on the door's frame. I slipped down on the floor. Broken glass... I guess the beam went through the window...

Spike quickly turned his head to see my condition, and seeing that I was okay, he quickly turned his attention back at the two unicorns on bed and dashed towards them, his spear at the ready.

The green unicorn stallion quickly removed himself from Twilight and casted a thick green barrier around them, protecting the two of them from Spike's attack.

Spike swayed and stabbed his lance, but it couldn't penetrate the barrier the stallion was casting. Spike didn't stop however, and continued his attacks as he grunted.

Twilight grinned evilly as she brought a hoof to wipe her sweating forehead. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I had another weird idea. She turned to me as I ran out of the room. I ignored the dead body lying on the center of the hallway, and grabbed my armor. I pulled it towards the room as fast as I can. When I got back, things were the same as how I left it. The only changes was that the two unicorns eyed me with confusion. I grinned at them both.

“Hey Spike!” I yelled as I tossed the armor flying towards him. He turned and gasped at the flying armor flying towards him. “Special delivery!”

Spike quickly got the idea, and so was Twilight. Spike grinned as he took a deep breath while Twilight's eyes went wide at the realization. Spike couldn't deliver stuff to the purple unicorn anymore, but...

Spike breathed out large fumes of green fire at the incoming armor, instantly turning it into green dusts. The dusts flew above the confused stallion, flashed faintly, and turned into the flying armor. He gasped before it stumbled over him.

The barrier died down, and Spike quickly took his chance at stabbing his lance at the unicorn stallion. Twilight jerked and jumped off of the bed. She was about to run towards the door, but I immediately closed it and stood beside it. She grunted and turned towards the window. Spike was hot on her tail.

The purple unicorn stopped at the room's only window. No way would she survive such a fall if she jumps. She spun around and immediately froze as Spike's lance was at a killing inch away from her throat.

I slowly walked towards them. I breathed in, and breathed out. Twilight saw me, and glared at me. I glared back. I am really lucky that she couldn't use her magic at the moment. I stopped beside Spike and tapped his shoulder with a hoof. He didn't bother looking at me, but he nodded, and quickly swung his lance like a baseball bat, and Twilight's head was the ball.

The purple unicorn groaned as she found herself lying on the floor. Her cheek was bleeding from the fierce force of Spike's lance. But just in case, I stood over her to pin her down. It felt...kinda awkward doing it, but...yeah whatever.

“Heh...” Twilight spoke, “so you're going to have fun with me before you finish me off?”

I growled. “Don't tempt me...” I whispered to myself as I eyed the baby dragon and nodded.

Spike nodded as well, and breathed out a fume of green fire in the air...

---

Princess Luna's bat-winged pegasi ponies gave me one of their spare dark-purple armor. After I slipped it on, I asked a few of the ponies inside the old castle. I then ran out of the castle and followed the direction of the ponies had given me. Spike was on my back. As soon as I stepped off of the drawing bridge and heading towards the forest, a blue bird started flying close to me and was...following me?

“Gold...” Spike began as I entered the forest, “if by crazy, you mean picking some stupid flower, then you're way beyond crazy! You're out of your mind!”

My only response was a chuckle. It didn't take me long before I found a small patch of blue flowers surrounded by thick trees in the Everfree Forest. I walked towards the field carefully. Reaching the area, I carefully scanned the flowers. I found a lone blue flower, and was safe to pick by the stem and avoiding the petals.

“Hold your breath,” I instructed Spike as I carefully grabbed the stem, and pulled it off of the ground. And as what was instructed by the ponies...the blue pollen flew off. The bird hovered in front of my face and flapped its tiny wings hard, blowing the pollen away from us. “Hey, thanks!”

The bird nodded as its reply as I spotted another blue flower that was relatively safe to pick. I carefully placed the flower on the ground and I pulled the other one. And another one, and another one, until I have gathered quite a few already.

I then turned to Spike. “Now, delivery time, Spike...”

Spike arched me an eyebrow. “I never thought that you're one of those romantic-types, Gold...” he shook his head in disgust as I stared flatly at him. He rolled his eyes. “I should be glad that you didn't ask me for advice on love.” I was about to tell him that this was not for love or anything, but he cut me off... “Fine. Who's the lucky mare for the bouquet of flowers?”

---

A single blue flower formed from the green fumes. Spike carefully grabbed the flower by the stem with a claw, while the other was covering his nose. “I can't believe you wanted me to send this and those flowers to myself just so you can bring it to Twilight!”

“Oh, how romantic of you, Gold Blitz,” she grinned as I carefully grabbed the flower while holding my breath.

I wanted to say something to her, but not with my mouth holding my breath. Aw well... They do say that action speaks louder than words, right? Right! I slammed the flower with my hoof to her nose and mouth, petal first, of course. I quickly ran towards the door, and Spike followed, while Twilight coughed and spat the flower.

I spun and saw Twilight's red face. Ooh...she's angry now. I chuckled as Spike slapped his face with a claw. He groaned. “This is stupid!” He then turned to me. “Why can't we just kill her already!?”

I patted his head. “There's a reason for that, Spike.” I eyed the fuming mare, who was cursing under her breath.

“I don't know why you're stalling like this, Gold Blitz.” She grinned as purple sparks flared out from her glowing horn. “But I'm feeling my magic returning to me once again!” She stood tall, victorious, making Spike take a step back in fear. Twilight grinned evilly as her horn flared more and more. “You had your chance! Now, farewell, Gold Blitz!”

I blinked and smiled, and gestured to Spike with a hoof. “What about him?”

Twilight actually turned confused and tilted her head to the side slightly. “Uh, yes, and him too!” I actually chuckled at that, making my two breathing companions arch me an eyebrow. Twilight shook her head while Spike decided to save the two of us by trying to open the door, but my rear was stopping him from opening it.

“Gold! Move! Let's get outta here!” Spike yelled as he pulled the door with his might.

The room was washed with purple intense light, and a loud mana-sound-hiss-thing echoed all around. Suddenly, the room was filled with a blinding purple flash, but only for a split of a second, and then, everything became normal and quiet.

Spike and Twilight stood still for the lack of something to happen. They both blinked. Spike recovered quicker than her, and he slowly walked beside me, eyeing the purple unicorn carefully. He then turned to face me after I chuckled. “Wh-what happened?”

I turned to him and patted his scaly little head. “Oh? I was just being kind to Twilight. That's al—oof!”

Twilight tackled me and pinned me to the floor. Her angry face stretched closer to my amused face, but she was then tackled and pinned down by Spike. Twilight flailed her limbs, throwing Spike off of her, but before she could get back to her hooves, I pinned her down.

“Spike,” I smiled at him, confusing him further, ”the blanket, if you may?”

“Get off of me! And what did you do to me!?” Twilight roared angrily as she tried to stand back up, but I guess, even though this pony body of mine is thinner than most stallions, I was heavy for her to get out of.

Spike nodded, although reluctant. Meh, I couldn't blame him. He shoved the dead unicorn body off of the bed and pulled the bloody cover and dragged it towards me. We then tied Twilight's hooves so she couldn't run away or whatever she wanted to do with those hooves of hers. We tied her limbs, from hooves to her legs, just to be safe. It was kinda awkward tying her rear hooves though...cause that's where...uh, never mind.

Anyway, she struggled to set herself free. She was really really angry.

Spike blinked, and then turned to me. “What happened to her horn?”

At that, Twilight froze, and then her stubby horn bent down in between her eyes. She eyed her horn in horror. She screamed.

I turned to Spike and smiled. “It's about time you noticed that.” I then grabbed a small piece of the blanket that we cut and started rolling it into a ball. The mare's loud scream is hurting my ears.

“WHAT DID YOU DO T—mmf!” I stuck the ball of cloth to her mouth. Sheesh, what a mouthful...

I returned my attention back to the purple dragon beside me. “I just thought that she was getting used to not being able to use magic, that I decided to give her a favor for bounding her from it.” I shrugged. Spike stared at me blankly. Twilight glared at me icily.

Author's Note:

This chapter was supposed to be much darker and is suppose to be the last chapter but, I have no idea how that idea came inside my head.
I was originally planning that Gold Blitz and Spike get captured, leaving the fic with a dark ending...
Aw well. The story continues~

PreviousChapters Next