• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 3 - Awaken

Beeping sounds. Faint voices. Quiet thunder roar. Those were the things I could barely hear. I don't know where I was, but now that I was slowly regaining my conscience, I think I was in a hospital. Where else would that beeping be coming from?

He's...g—...be okay, ri—?” A feminine voice. It was faint, but I know it was Claire's voice. She must have stayed, or maybe we just arrived? Well, at least I wasn't comatosed or something.

I heard a male voice mumbled something. I honestly did not understand what he said. I think I'm starting to feel my body now. No need to stay in the hospital for too long. I needed to get back home. The last thing I needed was my mom going paranoid about my wounds.

I slowly opened my eyes, and I saw the white ceiling of the hospital room where I was in. But after I fully opened my eyes, a bright flash of blue lightning blinded me for a split of a second. As soon as the light was gone, so was the ceiling I was staring a split second earlier.

Help us...” a voice softly echoed inside my head as I blankly stared at the black heavy clouds above, with the occasional lightning cutting through. This time, it was white.

I have no idea how long I stayed lying on my back. My back was starting to ache when I decided to turn to my side...and notice my front limbs...are...horse hooves? I did not dare move as I blinked a few times. No changes. I moved my front limbs, and they did what my brain told them to do: shake. I ran a...hoof...on my other limb's fur. Yes, I can sense it, and it kinda tickles. I was beginning to panic, but through the years of my life, I've learned how to stay calm no matter the situation, except for some situations where my life is about to end.

For now, I convinced myself that I was no longer who I used to be. Yeah, easier to think than to believe. I sighed as I stood up...as a horse. I mean, humans stood on two feet, and not four. To us, it would be called crawling if we walked on our feet and hands.

Anyway, I stood up. I ignored my surroundings for the time being as I turned my head over my shoulder to see my back and hind...hooves. I need to get used to that. My whole body's covered with brown fur. I have a tail, much darker brown than my...coat. I don't have a cutie mark.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I hung my head low. I've read quite a few fanfics during the weekends. I have read a few where humans were suddenly turned into ponies and found themselves in Equestria. Horay for me? At least I was no longer feeling any physical pain.

I was convinced that I wasn't dreaming this. If I was, then I wouldn't be feeling the wind, feeling the ground, and other things. The wind strangely carried the scent of fire smoke, and something...awful... Whatever, I needed to get outta here. I always believed in the saying that ‘if there's a way in, there's always a way out. If there's no way out, then go back where you came in’.

I looked at my surroundings. Aside from the black gloomy clouds, the sky was a bit orange-y red. Thick trees have green-to-brown leaves. The wind was chilly. The dark brown ground was mixed with green and burned grass. The terrain was curvy in an informal fashion. There was a tall mountain in the distance. Though it was gloomy, I could still see details of a castle built on the side of the mountain. Maybe that's Canterlot? I turned around, and the first thing I saw was the thick white group of clouds in the far distance below the thick blanket of black clouds. Cloudsdale? Probably... It's the only cloud city in the cartoon series. It had no rainbow waterfall, though.

I felt my ears perk up when I heard something from behind. Aside from the continuous thunder rumbling in the sky, I could also hear footsteps from behind me, getting louder. Maybe I should call them hoofsteps. I tur—

“Halt!”

I froze in place. I did not dare move. I did not even brought my lifted hoof back on the ground. I heard a sigh.

“You can turn,” the male voice spoke in a rather lame way.

I let out a breath as I slowly turned to face three armored unicorn ponies. I could tell that they were unicorns since their horns were sticking out from the hole on their helmet. The white unicorn, the center of the three, who was wearing purple-coated armor, was strangely familiar though.

He removed his helmet with his hooves, and his blue mane quickly revealed itself, which made me recognize him fully. “What's an earth pony doing here in the War Plains?”

I did my very best not to look surprised after what I just heard. ‘War Plains’? Is Equestria in war? With whom? Anyway, I brought my right hoof over my right eyebrow to salute the three unicorns.

“Sir—” what was his name again? I think he was Twilight's big brother. I only watched the series one time though. “—Armor.”

He awkwardly saluted back, and we both returned our hooves on the ground. “So you know me?” He smiled a bit. “You must be a citizen of Unicornia then.” He then turned over his shoulder and talked to one of the unicorns while I was lost in my own thoughts.

‘Unicornia?’ That word sounded familiar. Maybe it was mentioned in the series? I don't think I've read that word from the fanfics I've read.

The three unicorns then faced me.

“Boulder will escort you back,” Armor spoke, “whatever you were doing here, I ask of you to stop and head back where it is safe.” I nodded before he continued with a serious look on his face. “I don't want to see you here again. You were lucky we got to you first before those pegasi scoundrels have.”

The way he spoke and the tone he used when he mentioned the pegasi made me think that the unicorns were on war against the pegasi. That was in theory for now. If we really were on the battlefield, then I'd best not be here. I needed to get back home, anyway. Being dead won't...hm... Maybe if I die here, I would be able to return? Eh, death is scary, so I don't want to test that theory... Besides, if Armor was from this place called Unicornia, then that meant his sister was also there. I don't know if the fanfics were correct about Twilight being able to help stranded humans like myself to return to my world, but it's worth a shot. I don't have any other options at the moment.

I flashed a small smile at the unicorn named Boulder. “Le—after you, sir.” If I asked him to lead the way, they might start to think of something. Boulder quietly nodded and turned around, facing the City of Canterlot. “Take care, Sir Armor,” I said as I faced him, and then I faced the other unicorn, “you too.”

Both flashed small smiles and walked pass me as I followed the brown unicorn.

Author's Note:

Edited on July 3, 2013

PreviousChapters Next