• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 84 - Snake Snack

The road was bumpy and slippery at the same time, yet it didn't slow the police car that was heading towards the town of Sun Ford. It started to rain mere moments ago, and it was accompanied by strong winds and fierce roars of thunder from lightning. The stormy air was mixed with rain, the siren of the police car, the warning siren of the town, blades of the choppers slicing through the air, the wheels of the heavy military vehicles, bullets soaring in the air, and growls of different types of monstrosity that came out of nowhere.

Inside the police car were two human beings. Both were looking seriously grim as their eyes were locked on the approaching town. The one on the driver's seat was a police officer, in-training, and an old friend of the one who's seated on the passenger seat.

“Do you have the slightest idea of what's going on, Jay?” asked the officer.

“Slightly, yeah...” Jay nodded. “That wolf—that giant wolf back at Mount Comet is a timberwolf.”

The police officer arched an eyebrow, but didn't remove his focus on the road. “A timberwolf? Quite an ugly name for a Pokémon...”

Both of them suddenly remembered their high school days. They were huge fans of the cartoon called Pokémon that they have spent almost all of their free time playing cards, gameboy, and watching movies, and anything related to the cartoon that they have even started inventing their own original characters and giving them names by mixing two words, or three, depending on the situation.

“That wasn't a Pokémon, Mike...” Jay shook his head slightly. “Though now that I think about it, it does so—”

Up ahead was a road block of turn-over vehicles. Mike suddenly stepped on the brakes, making the car skid on the slippery road and making his passenger shout out of fear. Thankfully, the car skidded to a stop, barely a meter from the closest of the cars. The two started to calm themselves down as they watched the soldiers taking cover behind the wreckage and firing their heavy weaponry at the right side of the road.

As soon as the two have calmed themselves down, they quickly saw one of the soldiers who was signalling them to leave, but before they could hold the door, huge and sharp silver-colored fangs pierced through the door, almost stabbing the two of them in the process. They were then lifted up, and the two held their breath as they saw the many angry heads of a giant serpentine-like monster.

“Where the hell is Hercules when you need him...” Mike muttered as they found themselves up-side-down.

Outside, the soldiers were shouting commands at each other, while the others were firing their weapons at the giant hydra that buried its body under the earth, leaving only its four heads above the surface, flailing and biting at the tiny insects that was attacking it.

One of its four heads was erecting straight up with an up-side-down police car in between its jaws. The siren was already dying when the hydra head started munching it a bit as it turned the vehicle's head directly towards its mouth.

Mike, sensing what's going to happen, stomped on the gas as soon as he turned it to reverse. The wheels rolled on the watery and slippery surface of the creature's mouth.

“God-damn it, do something!” Jay shouted after barely dodging the fangs that came through above the vehicle, leaving holes from its wake.

Mike was shaking, and taking fast breaths. He was afraid for his life, but he's trying to collect himself. After all, he's a police officer. But even so, he was still in training, and none of his instructors nor any of his books gave him instructions on how to deal with fictional hydras that suddenly came to life. He shakily loaded his pistol, and held it with both arms, and kept it that way, for he has no clue what to aim for.

A bazooka's shell flew and exploded on one of the four necks of the hydra, sending a powerful shock wave on all its four heads. The vehicle shook viciously, shaking its two passengers along with it. Mike accidentally fired his weapon, and the bullet went through the windshield and hit the hydra's inside cheek. It hissed as its long snaky tongue started licking the small wound. Then, it started to consume the vehicle whole.

“Not good not good not good not good—” Jay repeated as Mike fired again and again, achieving nothing but going further inside the creature's mouth, and soon, to their doom.

“Gah!” Mike shouted as he fired and fired again until he ran out of ammo. He hastily opened the drawer in front of the passenger's seat and grabbed some bullets, but from his panic and haste, dropped all of them and rolled away from them as they were completely inside the mouth.

Jay managed to grab a hold of one bullet, but what good would it do? He was about to accept his doom when the car's headlights shined on the creature's uvula. The two saw it, and blinked.

“Do snakes normally have those?” Mike asked in pure curiosity.

Jay blinked once again. “Well, this thing isn't really a snake...” He hands him the bullet without removing his eyes off of the dangling muscle.

Mike nodded as he took the bullet without looking at it and unconsciously loaded it to his gun. He shrugged. “Yeah,” he aimed with a vicious smile, “good point.”

A gunshot echoed, silencing everything. The soldiers stood their ground, their weapons all aimed at the giant creature that suddenly stopped moving. An eye on all of the heads twitched, and then the erected head coiled down with teary eyes, and suddenly sprang up like a jack-in-a-box as it tearfully coughed the vehicle flying in the air, filling the silence with the fearsome shouts of the two people inside.

The flying police vehicle landed on the ground, and rolled and rolled as the two men still have yet to conclude their shouting as their world spun and spun as it rolled on the muddy earth.

Soon, the rolling car slowed, until it stopped up-side-down on the ground, and left the two passengers inside completely stunned and shocked, as they stared at up-side-down town of Sun Ford. Once again, their ears was filled with rain, growls and gunshots, and the occasional explosions. The car's headlights flickered, and the engine died.

Jay blinked as he finally found his breath. “Well...” he began, still stunned from all that just happened, “...good thing we're on seat belts?”

Mike was able to nod before the airbag suddenly inflated.

Author's Note:


It gave me a smile, seeing the total number of words. xD

PreviousChapters Next