• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 112 - Confusion

Rainbow Dash groaned and let out a pained breath as she tossed and turned on the sofa. She was getting dizzier, and she doesn't know why. Claire and Kronz might have a slight idea why though. They stared—shocked—at the events that was happening outside Claire's apartment's window.

People were running away from the bridge in panic. The air was filled with frightened cries, bullets, explosions, and the roar of the giant blue crystal dragon.

The two stunned humans recovered after the dragon slammed at the vertically-raised part of the bridge, instantly bringing it back down and connecting the bridge.

Gasping, Kronz quickly ran towards his laptop and furiously began typing a message to Spike.

“Spike, I don't mean to sound like I'm rushing you, but we seriously need help right now!”

Kronz then quickly clicked the ‘Send’ button, not even bothering to check if he has an internet connection. Luckily he did. Claire gasped in surprise. Kronz then ran to her side to see what was going on.

The cloud of darkness was slowly crawling on the bridge. In a much faster pace however, blue crystal equines marched out from the clouds, their feet stomping on the concrete bridge in unison. The army of crystal equines were heading straight towards the city.

Finally recovering for a bit, Rainbow Dash rose up, groaning, and turned to the window while rubbing her aching forehead. Her eyes were still foggy, so she blinked a few times before her vision returned to normal once again. She saw buildings. She saw cemented roads. She saw light posts and traffic lights. She saw vehicles. She didn't know any of those, and she was growing curious as to where she was. The last thing she remembered however, was that she was trying to stop that gigantic beam of mana that unicorn princess threw at her.

She finally regarded the panicked screams of the two-legged creatures. She had no clue what was going on, however, something blue and shiny caught her attention. Turning her gaze, she saw large numbers of blue, shiny and marching ponies. “What the hay is going on?” she asked to nopony in particular. She suddenly yelped when a large blue dragon landed on top of the nearest building near the bridge, and let out a mighty roar. She blinked, for she somehow understood what the dragon roared about. Turning, she saw the two weird ape-like creatures, who were both shivering in fear. “Hey! You two!”

Hearing Rainbow Dash's whines, Kronz and Claire snapped back and turned to her.

“Can any of you...uh...tell me what's going on?” Rainbow Dash asked, gesturing with a hoof at the scene outside.

Claire and Kronz blinked at her, and then they looked at each other, and then back at the pegasus. Claire then bit her lip. “I-is she trying to tell us something?”

“What the heck!?” Rainbow groaned, “are you deaf or something!?”

“I believe...” Kronz said, looking at Claire for a short moment before looking at the pegasus. “...that she is...and unfortunately...we can't understand you...Rainbow...” Kronz shivered weirdly. It was weird to say the pegasus' name out loud...to him, at least.

Rainbow blinked, and arched an eyebrow in confusion. “What?”

“Forgetting the scary things happening outside for a short while...” Kronz took a breath. While doing so, the whole apartment shook as a powerful explosion erupted near the bridge where the chaos was happening. “Rainbow, nod if yes, shake your head if no. Okay?”

Rainbow blinked. She wasn't sure what the hay were the two were going with this, but nonetheless, she nodded.

Claire was amazed. “W-wow... So she really can understand us!”

“While we can't understand her...” Kronz sighed. “Rainbow, can you completely understand each and every word we're saying?”

Rainbow nodded, still doubting about everything.

“A-are you really Rainbow Dash...?”

The pegasus shot them with a ‘wtf’ look.

Kronz chuckled nervously. “I'll take that as a ‘yes’...”

The pegasus rolled her eyes. “Whatever. I'm gonna je—ow!” Rainbow winced as she tried to flare her wings. Clenching her teeth and shutting her eyes close, Rainbow fell back on the sofa as the powerful wave of pain rain through her body.

Gasping, Claire quickly ran to her and began running her hands on her back.

“What the hay are you doi—gah!” Rainbow gasped as another pain shot through her brain when the female weird-thing grabbed the base of her wing.

“H-her wings are injured!” Claire gasped.

“Gee,” Rainbow panted, glaring weakly at her, “what gave you that idea?”

“You can tell?” Kronz asked, amazed. “H-how?”

“Rainbow, don't move!” Claire said as she stood up and quickly walking towards her kitchen. “I took up nursing for two years before...” she trailed off for a short moment. “...before I decided to work.” That was when she met Jay. “I may not be a vet, but,” she said as she took a few items from her medicine and first-aid kit drawer. “...I know a few about injuries, and how to deal with them...”

“What is she talking about?” Rainbow asked, turning her gaze at the male who sat on the sofa beside where she was lying on.

Kronz smiled at her. “I'm guessing you're asking what she's going to do to you? Well, she's going to patch your wing up...I think...”

Rainbow blinked. “Y-you think!?”


“What was it about...?” Spike asked through tired breaths. He sat on the crystal floor while Apple Bloom placed the newly materialized scroll inside her saddlebag.

After she closed her saddlebag, Apple Bloom sat down and looked at the purple dragon. “It was from Kronz, saying that we need tah hurry 'n help them.”

“R-right...” Spike was breathing tiredly, but nodded as he tried standing up.

“So...” Scootaloo spoke as she pulled herself into a sitting position. “...h-how are we going to help them?”

Apple Bloom nodded. “Scoots is right, Spike. They're in another world, fer cryin' out loud...”

Cadence's ears twitched.

Sweetie Belle then pulled herself into a sitting position as she joined their little meeting. “W-well, maybe Spike could just breathe fire on the crystal heart and send it to them?”

Spike, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and even Cadence—who was a few hooves ahead of them—all turned to the young unicorn mare. The three smiled, while the alicorn frowned.

“Y-yeah, that's a great idea!” Spike said, momentarily forgetting how tired he was. He then turned to the pedestal, where the artifact was lying lifelessly. He couldn't believe that their mission was a success! He can't wait to be able to talk to Gold Blitz again and tell him all about his adventure.

Spike ran towards the pedestal with excitement pumping him energy. However, when he was half-way there, Cadence stood in front of him, completely blocking his path. Spike stopped, and curiously looked at the alicorn's frowning face.

“Uh...” was the only thing Spike had said.

Cadence shook her head. “I could not believe that he sent you here to deliver the Crystal Heart to him...” Slowly, her horn started to glow as her frown turned to anger.

Spike suddenly felt fear was replacing the excitement running around him. He took a few steps back, while the Cutie Mark Crusaders were both curious and frightened.

“You four were able to use pure magic, breaking me free from my imprisonment,” Cadence said calmly, yet her voice carried venom as her horn started glowing brighter. “I really thought you had good intentions for the Crystal Heart, but now I see you were only deceiving me!”

“What the hay are you talking about!?” Scootaloo finally managed to ask after collecting enough courage. “We'd barely even talked to you!”

“Do not act as though you are clueless of what I am talking about!” The alicorn yelled, stomping a powerful hoof on the floor, leaving a nasty crack from its wake.

“We ain't actin' clueless, featherbrain!” Apple Bloom spoke. “Yer jumpin' to conclusions! An' just who is this ‘he’ that you speak of!?”

“Silence!” Candence yelled, firing a powerful beam of mana towards the four souls.

PreviousChapters Next