• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 86 - Dimensional Darkness

Thick gray blankets of clouds covered the sky. Snow is gently falling from the clouds, covering every inch of land and leaves on the earth. But despite the cold weather condition, ponies of the three races flew and marched the lands as they continued living their new peaceful lives. But the three races wore thick clothing for protection. It felt weird, both seeing and wearing such clothing instead of heavy metal armor that they have used to. Still, it was a great change that everypony were willing to accept, for it carried a message that the war has indeed been over.

The unicorns and the pegasi are still a bit sour at each other, however, with the efforts of the rulers of the races, they have started to mingle and trade. It was a good sign, and a good start.

Inside the library of Unicornia, a purple studious unicorn mare was seated on her chair, reading a book lying on her wooden desk. With the rise of a new peaceful era, one would expect to see the ruler of Unicornia to be smiling and looking forward to history's greatest chapter, but there she was, all of her focus was on that book. She has been researching about something as of late, and let his brother, Shining Armor, to act as the substitute ruler.

“Twilight,” a purple baby dragon entered the library through the already open double doors. He didn't receive any replies from the mare, so he took it as his cue to walk towards her.

The library has been completely cleaned and books were already on their respectful shelves, thanks to the efforts of the maids of the castle. Twilight wouldn't have to ask them to clean the library if she still was able to use magic.

The baby dragon reached the other end of the table, opposite to Twilight. Spike stared at Princess Celestia, who was behind the purple unicorn. He then turned his stare on the unicorn. “Twilight?” his worried voice matched his worried look. He has yet to receive a response from the mare though, as she flipped a page and resumed to her reading. “Twilight?” But still no answer. The purple dragon groaned, feeling a bit annoyed, and walked around the table until he was beside the unicorn. He poked her on her cutie mark.

Twilight gasped and sharply turned her head towards him. “Oh, it's just you Spike,” she sighed in relief and relaxed herself. She then flashed a hopeful smile at the baby dragon. “Has Jay replied to the letter you sent him?” She then turned her head and rested her eyes on the window of the library, where beside it was a stone sculpture of a calm-looking earth stallion. She then returned her gaze back at the purple baby dragon, expecting an answer from him, but after studying his worried look, her smile vanished. Her ears drooped. “Not yet, huh?”

Spike nodded. “I'm beginning to worry, Twilight... What if something bad has happened to him? Worse...what if—” he cut himself off by putting both his claws on his mouth.

“Nothing is going to happen to him,” she assured him, although she could use some as well, for she, too, is worried. She turned her attention on the other window, opposite to where the statue was standing. A few feet from the window was a quietly swirling black oval-shaped vortex.

Spike turned his attention at the portal, and remembered that it appeared almost a day after Gold Blitz turned into a statue. He and Twilight, and a few other ponies, dared taking a look on the center of the vortex, but all they have seen was another window. A window that was built quite differently from pony knowledge. Through the window was a town of some sort, and it was under a very gloomy sky.

The other ponies were convinced that it was a strange portal to another world where their world was still covered in the dark thunderous clouds. Never would they want to return to the dark ages ever again. Even though the gray clouds weren't giving them the chance to see the sky, it was still better than a black blanket of clouds, they told themselves.

But Twilight and Spike had an idea of what the other end of the portal was. It was a theory, yet it was a strong one. It was Jay's world, and it made the two of them worry of him.

Twilight has then asked Spike to send him a letter: asking him how he was doing, but they are yet to receive an answer. The wait made their worries grew and grew. Twilight then decided to do some research and see if she can find anything about the phenomenon. She has also instructed the pegasi squadron to fly around the lands and search for other portals. And indeed there were many, inside and outside their borders.

“Nothing's going to happen to him...” Twilight slightly shook her head.

Twilight then returned her attention to her book, and Spike hopped on her back to take a look. It was better, he thought, than doing nothing but to wait. Unknown to them, on the other side of the portal, a black figure slowly passed by the window, leaving sharp spikes on the ground from its wake...

---

“Xelene!” shouted a young man at the mighty dragon, who stared at him with its one good eye. “It's me! Gold Blitz!” He waved his hands at the dragon, not realizing the armed soldiers were already in position to fire. They are yet to do so, as they noticed that the dragon was calmer than the previous creatures that appeared. Minus the chinook it burned down behind it, however.

The dragon's good eye narrowed, trying to make sense of things. It has suddenly found itself in this strange world, and it has no memory of ever reaching this far after locating a peaceful mountain to sleep. It bent its body slowly towards the man, making him take a step back and the soldiers adjust their aims. As the dragon descent its body, it growled lowly in different pitches, as if trying to communicate.

The man shook his head after the growl died down and he was now a few feet away from the dragon's head, which was almost half his height. “If you're trying to say something, then uh, I'm sorry, but I can't understand you... But Xelene... That really is you, right?” the man asked through trembling lips and shaky knees.

The dragon stared at the strange two-legged creature for a length of time, disregarding all the other otherworldly noises her sharp hearing was receiving. It was strange for her to understand the man's speech, and was even stranger that he couldn't understand her. And the strangest was that he knew who she is, and claims that he was that pony she fought inside the cave not too long ago.

Jay has been staring at those draconic eyes, which worsen his fear of suddenly getting eaten in one sweep. Though his attention now shifted to the few chinook helicopters hovering in the sky. He saw a few soldiers inside were aiming their weapons at the dragon. His eyes went wide at that, and then looked around and saw so many soldiers were at the ready.

Panic filled his mind at the thought of what might happen if they start to shoot her down. “No don't—!” he began, but a vicious earth shake cut him off and made him stumble on the went grassy ground. Several soldiers stumbled down on the ground as well. From the distance, a black crystalized spike rose from the ground, and was then followed by another series of spikes that slowly started spreading and rising from the ground.

Selaro, a neighboring town which was kilometers away from Sun Ford, was now filled with black spikes that broke every houses and structures from its wake. From the tallest spike that rose diagonally from the ground was a black four-legged entity that held an evil grin as it's green glowing eyes stared at its new land to reign on.

PreviousChapters Next