• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 3,670 Views, 93 Comments

Quest For Harmony - destinedjagold



A young man found himself as an earth pony in a chaotic Equestria. He now needs to find a way back home, but after learning that the chaos in Equestria also affects his home world, he'll embark on a quest to bring back harmony to both worlds.

  • ...
17
 93
 3,670

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 40 - Dream Recollection

We continued our walk in complete silence. And when I say silence, I mean that the three of us were really really quiet. None of us said a word after their little quarrel. I don't even know why they started arguing. Though if I were to judge, I'd say that it was Applejack's moody self's fault. But I am not willing to point that out. I think that crack she left back in her barn's enough warning for me not to get to her bad side forever and ever.

Anyway, I am not sure how many minutes or hours had passed before we reached the exit. I wasn't focused on counting the time, for I was and still am so lost to find a way to avoid meeting up with Twilight. Applejack is not willing to trade items. I am tired, both physically and mentally. I don't have a solution to avoid my meeting with Twilight. I'm hungry. All those facts are really really making me feel so annoyed and frustrated. I am just a bit glad that I still have the tiniest bit of self control, else, I am quite sure Applejack will see to it that she'll put me to my rightful place...which is ten feet below the ground, if I'm lucky enough.

Boulder stopped after taking a few steps outside, and Applejack and I stopped as well. Boulder was saying something, but I didn't hear him, because my ears were locked on two unicorn ponies talking to each other. Why them? 'Cause they have brightened up my day, and have taken the heavy load off of my back.

"...why don't you just skip him and go directly to the castle?" asked a younger-looking unicorn before taking a bite off of his levitated piece of bread.

The older-looking unicorn sighed. "I can't do that, for if I do, he might cause me quite a lot of trouble." He shivered slightly. "You do know what'll happen if he's angry."

The younger pony shivered at the thought. He said something, but I wasn't focus on any sound now. I finally have a solution, and damn it, it was quite a simple one, too! And heck, why didn't I thought of that! I've wasted a lot of brain cells just trying to come up with a solution! I am finally able to b---"Ow!" I yelped after a powerful hoof hit my shoulder.

"Were ye listenin', brownie?" asked Applejack with a lame look.

I gave her a glare...a tired one, in fact. "Hit me again, and...and... never mind." I sighed before turning to Boulder, who seemed to be struggling to hide a smirk. "What's so funny?"

"Oh? Nothing. Ahem, anyway..." he looked around before continuing, "Commander Armor should be near the falls." Falls? I just noticed the tall walls of the Unicornian Empire surrounding this tall mountain. Heh, so we really were inside the empire. Weird... I must be on the other side of the base of this big ol' mountain. "It'll take us ten minutes or so to get there, so we should make haste." I nodded, while Applejack didn't say or do anything.

As we followed him though, Applejack and I were turning our heads around as we stared at a few quiet wooden houses we pass by. There were a number of earth ponies walking around, but only a few. They were either heading back home, or heading to a small shop to buy items or food. There was also a small group of earth pony fillies and colts playing and running around.

"Ah'm mighty glad ye got rid of those unicorns back in Ponyville, Brownie," Applejack whispered. I really need to stop her from calling me with that name before I'll get used to it.

"Indeed," Boulder said suddenly, cutting my attempt to correct Applejack. He didn't turn his head, but kept on walking. "To be honest, I didn't really liked it when we were about to take over that town."

"Sure you were..." Applejack hissed quietly.

Boulder seemed to simply ignore her though. "Before we attacked, I saw how happy the ponies in that town from the distance..."

I...suddenly felt my head hurt...slightly, at least...

From the treeline, I was secretly peeking at the small town that is near the Everfree Forest. I...hate that town. Why?

"Why do you hate that town?" I suddenly said, and I immediately slapped a hoof over my mouth as Boulder stopped. Why the heck did I said that out loud!?

"...Pegasi..." Boulder simply replied after a long sigh, and we soon resumed our walk.

I eyed a flying cyan pegasus, who was hovering above the town. The longer I stared at the flying pony, the more this rage within me is building up.

Ugh...these weird flashes of image memories in my head is starting to really give me a headache... Why am I seeing these in my head all of a sudden, anyway? Wait... I all saw these in a dream, right? Did...Does this mean that, in that dream, I saw Boulder's point of view? But...I also felt how he felt in that dream. Though, that was one weird dream, if I could still remember correctly. I mean, it was jumping from one point to another...

We stopped near the staircase that was spiraling around the mountain, leading up to the city of the horn-heads... Yey... Sigh...

"I guess this is where I'll leave the both of you," Boulder said as he turned to face the two of us. "Gold, I think there are a few unicorns up there that knows who you are." Thanks for pointing the obvious. I was really about to start thinking of a way to solve that problem. "Also, I think Commander Starfall's in the city as well." He shook his head slightly. "He has said some nasty things about you after the incident in Ponyville, so I suggest you watch your back."

"Sounds like yer a mighty popular pony right in these parts of town." Applejack grinned at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Gee, ya think? Don't worry though. I had enough exercise to give them all my autograph."

Applejack's grin vanished as a confused blink started to change her features. "...autograph?"

"Never mind," I immediately cut her off after seeing her mouth was about to add some more words. I turned to Boulder and nodded my thanks. "By the way, thanks, and before we go," I scratched my nape with a hoof. I wonder if it's okay to ask. Aw well...

"Yes?"

"Why do you have an earth pony name?"

He blinked once, took a breath after, and sighed long and hard. "I'd rather not talk about it..."

I think I felt my ears flattened. "O-oh... I see."

We exchanged goodbyes before Boulder left us. By we, I mean that it was only me and Boulder, since Applejack was looking elsewhere. "Ah still don't trust 'im," Applejack whispered as we faced the loooooong stairway... "Well, let's go then," and she started walking up the stairs...

"Ugh..." I kicked the ground, "you've got to be kidding me..."

PreviousChapters Next